Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? (3927 Views)

Can #300k Get A Buy And Drive Car? / Clean Mazda 626ge 450,000 Buy And Drive Car At Abuja / Advice On Importing A Right Hand Drive Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by assemblyl: 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2007
I just wanted to know how easy it is to sell a right hand drive car imported from uk in lagos? and how fast if its in an excellent condition like a four year old toyota avensis or a 406. I know a friend who had an excellent conversion done on an avensis but he told me recently that there are a lot of right hand drive cars been driven in lagos without bothering with conversion.
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by insight04: 3:16pm On May 19, 2010
Are RHD cars easily sold in Lagos ?
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:32pm On May 19, 2010
poster,
it will be illegal to do that.
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by insight04: 8:45pm On May 28, 2010
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by GODSON2009(m): 3:48pm On May 29, 2010
George_D:

poster,
it will be illegal to do that.
i m sorry sire but this is a big lie,i sent a lefty crv to lagos and sold it sucessfully cleared from lagos port and i am shortly sending my 2003 rav4 left hand drive in about 3 months from now
@poster
i will only advice you based upon my own experience, i will advice you to make sure you ship it through lagos,and also it is beter to sell the car while it is a left hand drive so that the buyer will go and do the conversion themselves, even though you will sell for less,if you factor in the conversion costs and the hassles you will realise that the difference wont be more than 100 grand or therebouts.
also people tend to be sceptical and afraid if they cant vouch for your conversion,but will happily buy the car and take it to a mechanic they are sure of ,also the 50-70 grand reduction on market price that i sell the few lefty i have sent to lagos has always been a great catalyst for people to opt for my own car over the american one due to the massive discount, both the avensis and the 406 are great cars that nigerians are looking for so you will sell them fairly quick if the price isnt too dear however make sure the 406 is from 1999 you will know this by looking at the break lights at the back.
make sure there is like a small demercating line between the breaklight at the back
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 29, 2010
GODSON2009:

i m sorry sire but this is a big lie

For starters, you don't call your fellow forumites liars. If you feel they've made a mistake, you correct them, simple.

GODSON2009:

i sent a lefty crv to lagos and sold it successfully cleared from lagos port

You cleared and sold it successfully, because it's a LHD car, which is what Nigerian cars are meant to be.

GODSON2009:

i am shortly sending my 2003 rav4 left hand drive in about 3 months from now
@poster

I'm not sure you're aware of what you're saying - your RAV-4 is a LHD car - what do you think it should be? This thread's about selling RHD cars in Lagos, not LHD, which is the default layout for Nigeria!

GODSON2009:

i m sorry sire but this is a big lie,i sent a lefty crv to lagos and sold it sucessfully cleared from lagos port and i am shortly sending my 2003 rav4 left hand drive in about 3 months from now
@poster
i will only advice you based upon my own experience, i will advice you to make sure you ship it through lagos,and also it is beter to sell the car while it is a left hand drive so that the buyer will go and do the conversion themselves

What are you on about? Convert a LHD car to what? RHD?? I think you've gotten your wires crossed here!

GODSON2009:

also people tend to be sceptical and afraid if they cant vouch for your conversion,but will happily buy the car and take it to a mechanic they are sure of ,also the 50-70 grand reduction on market price that i sell the few lefty i have sent to lagos has always been a great catalyst for people to opt for my own car over the american one due to the massive discount, both the avensis and the 406 are great cars that nigerians are looking for so you will sell them fairly quick if the price isnt too dear however make sure the 406 is from 1999 you will know this by looking at the break lights at the back.
make sure there is like a small demercating line between the breaklight at the back

Your whole response is way off target - you're talking about something totally unrelated to the original poster's query. If you want to market your own cars, why not start a fresh thread, that actually makes sense? Right now, your post is so riddled with errors, I doubt anyone would understand what point you're trying to make here.
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by femmy2010(m): 11:30pm On May 29, 2010
If u must buy a RHD then have it converted b4 sales.
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by insight04: 5:12pm On May 30, 2010
Bump
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by Tadeus(m): 5:28pm On May 30, 2010
@ poster

You are welcome, you ask a question and we will provides you answers,

RHD cars are not permitted in Naija

RHD cars a very cheap if you want to sell it in naija without conversion, nigerians will use the opportunity to price it any how.

My advise to you, You can simply buy these cars and sent it via cotonuo port and contact me to handle the rest for you, I will clear it down to Nigeria and convert it to LHD perfectly, if you want me to sell it for you, good or if you want it to be delivered to your place, anywere in Nigeria, i will deliver it to your door steps in Naija in good condition. Good Luck

Reach me on

08035142036, 08056807475

Tadeus

Thanks
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:50pm On May 31, 2010
godson2009,
your post is a bundle of contradictions. i'm happy siena has done justice to it already. smiley
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by ikeyman00(m): 5:03pm On May 31, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@@

i hate it when some people try so hard to pretend to be what they are never like

RHD cant be cleared in lagos? hey nawooo shocked shocked shocked shocked

but i had mine shipped over and cleared in lagos last year !!! so do others do

menhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i don dey tired for una people

some talk about conversion they know nothing about!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:24pm On May 31, 2010
ikeyman,
the fact you cleared a rhd car in lagos does not make it legal. you can ask people with bitter tales of how their rhd cars were impounded by the frsc then you'll be better informed.
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by ikeyman00(m): 7:47pm On May 31, 2010
@@@@@@@

well k but emmm impound by road safty officers where ? at tin can port abi

i will assume it one thing clearing cars at the port, then drive people down to conversion site

num 2;driving around nigeria like u dnt care hahhah

so clearfy?

yes there are lots of people that ship cars from london to lagos!!!! the shiping companies know that

and again there is nl i think Bandore or something that mainly sails peguo 406 and toyota to lagos

lets not decieve our people; it pays to be honest for real in realtime lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed not just in nl
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by femmy2010(m): 7:54pm On May 31, 2010
[color=#000099]But i am sure if the Law says NOT MORE THAN 10 YEARS and ONLY LEFT HAND DRIVE then the law remain as stipulated.
If anyone clears anything the law prohibits from our various port of entry then it is because some undue inducement was paid and not something to BRAG about as if it was legit.

I would advice RHD cars importer to go through the Cotonou point of entry where we would gladly help with clearing and delivery to any location in Nigeria.[/color]
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by EEL: 12:23pm On Jun 01, 2010
FOR YOUR MOBILE DIAGNOSTICS SERVICE ON YOUR CARS, CALL 08035496482 or 08055673680. We will Diagnose your Car and get back your Car in good shape anywhere (Mobile Service).

Never Neglect Lights such as; CHECK ENGINE, ABS, SRS AIRBAG, MAINTENANCE REQUIRED, TRAC ON and the rest.

We are trained for all these.

Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 01, 2010
EEL:

FOR YOUR MOBILE DIAGNOSTICS SERVICE ON YOUR CARS, CALL 08035496482 or 08055673680. We will Diagnose your Car and get back your Car in good shape anywhere (Mobile Service).
Never Neglect Lights such as; CHECK ENGINE, ABS, SRS AIRBAG, MAINTENANCE REQUIRED, TRAC ON and the rest.
We are trained for all these.

That's fine, but do you have to spam the entire board with your advert? I believe you started a seperate thread for your products, why not stick to it?
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:42am On Jun 02, 2010
ikeyman00:

@@@@@@@

well k but emmm impound by road safty officers where ? at tin can port abi

i will assume it one thing clearing cars at the port, then drive people down to conversion site

num 2;driving around nigeria like u dnt care hahhah

so clearfy?

yes there are lots of people that ship cars from london to lagos!!!! the shiping companies know that

and again there is nl i think Bandore or something that mainly sails peguo 406 and toyota to lagos

lets not decieve our people; it pays to be honest for real in realtime lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed not just in nl

again, if you know what it entails to go through all these hassles and with the risk of your car being seized before it reaches that conversion site, you'll want to reconsider only legal lhd vehicles for import.
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by GODSON2009(m): 5:22pm On Jun 03, 2010
Siena:

For starters, you don't call your fellow forumites liars. If you feel they've made a mistake, you correct them, simple.
dude whatever,my point is that the statement or comment has no truth in it
Siena:

You cleared and sold it successfully, because it's a LHD car, which is what Nigerian cars are meant to be.
lhd/rhd it was obviously a mistake so i ll suggest we both stick to the thread rather than bothering on semantics
Siena:

I'm not sure you're aware of what you're saying - your RAV-4 is a LHD car - what do you think it should be? This thread's about selling RHD cars in Lagos, not LHD, which is the default layout for Nigeria!

What are you on about? Convert a LHD car to what? RHD?? I think you've gotten your wires crossed here!
dude,i will implore you earnerstly to stop casting negative aspersions upon my person,or else subsequent comments from me will not be this polite, the only reason i am solemly addressing you in spite of your comments is because you v been a hep in the past.that is not a lincence for you to speak to me as if you r talking to your houseboy
Siena:

Your whole response is way off target - you're talking about something totally unrelated to the original poster's query. If you want to market your own cars, why not start a fresh thread, that actually makes sense? Right now, your post is so riddled with errors, I doubt anyone would understand what point you're trying to make here.
if you were not being subjective,which has blinded you to the whole nucleus of my comments,being an automobile engineer which you profess to be you would have realised that what i simply meant was that cars from the uk could be sent to lagos and sucessfully converted, any of my 500 or less comments would have shown you that i am neither a car dealer neither do i hope to be one anytime soon neither am i an automobile genius which you are bent on shoving down my throat.
the poster asked about selling a right hand drive in lagos,and i shared my own experience regarding the topic so what exactly are you on about??like i always warn people before posting my own retorts in kind, i believe you are an adult,so i will earnerstly implore you to simply ignore my comments,if you find it ignorant/offensive or irritating to yourself, i never addressed my comments to you neither did i solicit for anyone to buy a car, a word is enough for the wise,and i promise you that i wont be this cool if you send back these kind of retort sire
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by GODSON2009(m): 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2010
rhd cars are shipped to nigeria regularly and there is absolutely no embargo on them,the only situation where frsc will seize a rhd car is if it is being driven about on nigerian roads.and this is not a new innovation,and it was part of the reason i couldnt use my own car when i was in nigeria because i was warned of the conscequences if it was not converted.
as for converting before selling,almost all car buyers know that the first thing to check for in a car to know if it has been converted is under the floorboards of the passenger side,which will show the mark.once you convert a car and try to pass it on as if it was from the manufacturer,a prospective buyer will not touch the car with a ten foot pole because they will believe there might be more hidden faults.
it is better to come out clean,and give a realistic discount factoring in the conversion costs and a couple of tens of thousands below the market price to encourage buyers.my experience while trying to sell my car then was most buyers saying they would have preffered taking it to their own engineer who will do the conversion than someone they cannot vouch for,and nigerian mechanics are doing an awesome job these days on conversion, gone are the days when a conversion had problems after some months or years,
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:26pm On Jun 05, 2010
godson,
you need not expend useless energy on things that are illegal. why don't you just bring in lhd cars instead of all these hassles?
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by ikeyman00(m): 6:54am On Jun 10, 2010
@@@@@@@
so road safety dey for port

kia my mine haaa

una dey yan oo
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by insight04: 1:47pm On Jul 09, 2010
GODSON2009:

rhd cars are shipped to nigeria regularly and there is absolutely no embargo on them,the only situation where frsc will seize a rhd car is if it is being driven about on nigerian roads.and this is not a new innovation,and it was part of the reason i couldnt use my own car when i was in nigeria because i was warned of the conscequences if it was not converted.
as for converting before selling,almost all car buyers know that the first thing to check for in a car to know if it has been converted is under the floorboards of the passenger side,which will show the mark.once you convert a car and try to pass it on as if it was from the manufacturer,a prospective buyer will not touch the car with a ten foot pole because they will believe there might be more hidden faults.
it is better to come out clean,and give a realistic discount factoring in the conversion costs and a couple of tens of thousands below the market price to encourage buyers.my experience while trying to sell my car then was most buyers saying they would have preffered taking it to their own engineer who will do the conversion than someone they cannot vouch for,and nigerian mechanics are doing an awesome job these days on conversion, gone are the days when a conversion had problems after some months or years,

Bump
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by DisGuy: 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2010
Driving a RHD is illegal

Importing a RHD is not.  .   .   .    .

getting a RHD from the port to the conversion site take the nigerian equation c'est ne pas Muri here n there
but then again you can get a tow truck  grin

i think Godson99 meant lefty as in you use your left hand to change gear
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by insight04: 4:49pm On Jul 09, 2010
According to Lagos State Laws owners of RHD vehicles are allowed to drive it in Lagos within a 6 month grace period. Thereafter, they are expected to convert the car to LHD or risk getting the car impounded.

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/201002160680.html
Re: Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2010
interesting

@ Tadues

How much will it cost to convert a regular car (4 door)

Hw about materials

Can u do automatic

I hear it wont move well after convertion; what is the true story

(1) (Reply)

Join The Political Big Boys With This Naija Used 607! / I Need A Bmw 325ci - 2003 Model / 2006 Suzuki Gsxr 1000 For Sale, Great Deal N1.2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.