Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

How To Make Money Through Affiliate Marketing - Step By Step Guide - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make Money Through Affiliate Marketing - Step By Step Guide (2323 Views)

How To Start Earning From Affiliate Marketing Step By Step Guide / How To Start Earning From Affiliate Marketing Step By Step Guide / How To Start Affiliate Marketing Step By Step Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Money Through Affiliate Marketing - Step By Step Guide by naijanative: 11:01am On Feb 08, 2018
I have seen a lot of people asking how to key in into affiliate marketing. Most posts on this require you registering for one training or another. We are going to look at how to start affiliate marketing absolutely free.

What is affiliate marketing ?

It is simply marketing someone's product or services online and get paid commission. It is a kind of referral program. It is similar to house agent work. Get tenants for landlord. Landlord pays you 5% for your effort - as simple as that. Difference is that you now have to do it in online world. Just as a physical house agent puts effort to get tenants so you should in online world. Nothing is free ! You must work to earn !

How does it work ?
In online world, its a bit different. Landlord will now be online merchants like Jumia, Travelstart, any online business that has affiliate program. You the affiliate marketer is the Agent , that would refer customers to their site

How does the merchant know you referred a customer ?

When you signup with a merchant , they give you tools to generate a special tracking code (url) unique to you. Once a buyer clicks on the code and makes a purchase, the merchant will trace back the code to you and pay you.

Here are the Steps to start up:

1. Sign up with the merchant you want to promote their products or services
2. Get a special affiliate link
3. You promote these links

Please if you interested , I want you to indicate and also ask questions . It helps me know that people are benefiting.

In the next tutorials - We are going to look at Companies offering affiliate programs in Nigeria, How to sign up , promote and make commissions. This is a completely legit business. Let me know your thoughts before we continue ...

Read more : Starting As An Affiliate Marketer
Companies Running Affiliate Programs In Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Money Through Affiliate Marketing - Step By Step Guide by keemcamill: 6:17pm On Feb 08, 2018
hakeemoshomah@gmail.com....
Re: How To Make Money Through Affiliate Marketing - Step By Step Guide by mesoprogress(m): 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2018

Here is a list of Affiliate Programs you can join

Jumia Affiliate

Jumia is one of the biggest online marketplace in Nigeria. You run an affiliate program where you can earn some passive income. They boast of up to 11% in affiliate commission. Here is their sigup link. Learn more about Jumia Affiliate Program

Konga Affiliate Program

Just like Jumia, Konga has an affiliate program in place . This is their sign-up link . Learn more about Konga Affiliate Program

Travelstart Affiliate Program

Travelstart is a South African travel and booking agency . They run an affiliate program where you earn commission for referring customers to them that make a booking. Here is their signup link

Wakanow Affiliate Program

Wakanow is a premier travel and hospitality booking agency in Nigeria. For some reasons , their affiliate link is not opening at the time of the writing this article. You can keep checking if you wish to promote their services

Vogue Pay

Vogue pay is a payment processor for individuals and merchants. You can send and receive funds both locally and international with or without a website. They make a very good alternative to 2Checkout . Here is link to register with their affiliate link

Parporte Affiliate

Payporte is an online marketplace like Konga and Jumia . Here is the link to their affiliate program

Yudala Affiliate Program

Yudala is an online merchant that has physical outlets across the nation. They also have their own affiliate program. You can sign up here

Final word : You may not promote every affiliate at the same time. Choose the ones you are more comfortable with. If you have a niche website that talks about holiday and travelling, you can opt for Travelstart or Wakanow affiliate program. Make sure you read their terms and conditions . Also check the their payment threshold and intervals.
Re: How To Make Money Through Affiliate Marketing - Step By Step Guide by Gamelord007: 8:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
try www.post4solution.com a freelance job website that pays affiliates a 60 percent commission
Re: How To Make Money Through Affiliate Marketing - Step By Step Guide by dapsdiary(m): 3:16pm On Jun 04, 2019
Here is the most complete guide I have seen on affiliate marketing in Nigeria, read this and start earning. https://dapsdigital.com/-nigeria/
Re: How To Make Money Through Affiliate Marketing - Step By Step Guide by Zerilt: 10:05am On Jun 27, 2019
I think that internet marketing is gaining its popularity as there are many businesses who are turning to e-commerce. For every person who is interested in this kind of business to spend some time learning the basics and ways how to explore in the best possible way this market
Re: How To Make Money Through Affiliate Marketing - Step By Step Guide by Nipostle(m): 5:15pm On Apr 11, 2020
3 ways to make money under Covid-19 Lock-down 2020

Based on my experience under lockdown, staying home without being to make income feels horrible.
You consume more and get less die to idleness.
Few days ago, I realized there would be a total/partial restrictions of movement in the state, I started looking for legit ways I can make money online, and I got 3 tested and working ways to make money while staying at home.

1. Freelancing
Freelance websites are platforms, where both people looking for work and employers post their offers.

Being a freelancer is an excellent way to turn your talent or hobby into money. You have the freedom to apply for only the projects that you like or you’re good at and get paid.

2. E-book publishing and Sales

While the publishing industry used to be heavy in print, you can complete the entire process of writing, publishing, and marketing a book online these days. Websites like Create Space will let you upload and take your book to print without getting a formal publisher involved, and you can even get your book on Amazon.com so people can buy it there.

3. Affiliate Marketing

In my opinion, the best way to earn money from home Is through affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing is a way you get paid recommending other businesses, products, or services to new clients and customers through tracked links posted in blog posts, web pages, emails, or social media posts
So If you’re looking forward to making fast income this Corona season like me, I have a free pre-training video by Internet Expert, Toyin Omotosho you can access through the link below.
It will teach you how to make at least 400K per month.

Learn more here
https://digitallaunch.com.ng/72hours_ig/

Re: How To Make Money Through Affiliate Marketing - Step By Step Guide by Morningstarrr(m): 2:07pm On Aug 15, 2021
naijanative:
I have seen a lot of people asking how to key in into affiliate marketing. Most posts on this require you registering for one training or another. We are going to look at how to start affiliate marketing absolutely free.

What is affiliate marketing ?

It is simply marketing someone's product or services online and get paid commission. It is a kind of referral program. It is similar to house agent work. Get tenants for landlord. Landlord pays you 5% for your effort - as simple as that. Difference is that you now have to do it in online world. Just as a physical house agent puts effort to get tenants so you should in online world. Nothing is free ! You must work to earn !

How does it work ?
In online world, its a bit different. Landlord will now be online merchants like Jumia, Travelstart, any online business that has affiliate program. You the affiliate marketer is the Agent , that would refer customers to their site

How does the merchant know you referred a customer ?

When you signup with a merchant , they give you tools to generate a special tracking code (url) unique to you. Once a buyer clicks on the code and makes a purchase, the merchant will trace back the code to you and pay you.

Here are the Steps to start up:

1. Sign up with the merchant you want to promote their products or services
2. Get a special affiliate link
3. You promote these links

Please if you interested , I want you to indicate and also ask questions . It helps me know that people are benefiting.

In the next tutorials - We are going to look at Companies offering affiliate programs in Nigeria, How to sign up , promote and make commissions. This is a completely legit business. Let me know your thoughts before we continue ...

Read more : Starting As An Affiliate Marketer

What must I have in order to become a wakanow affiliate?

Secondly, how much is wakanow affiliate registration fee?

(1) (Reply)

Liquid Soap Making / Stay Away From Wallets Africa They Are Scammers / Just Saved A Bunch Of Money On My Car Insurance!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.