Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Why Some People Don’t Want To Have Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Some People Don’t Want To Have Children (1204 Views)

'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' / I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc / Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Some People Don’t Want To Have Children by AjalaJ(m): 1:50pm On Feb 08, 2018
I’m actually blown away that most people end up having kids. I look at having children as a burden onto my ridiculously free lifestyle.

I have no obligations or responsibilities except to myself. I will end up saving millions of dollars. I will save hours and hours of time to do more exciting things like travel around the world and watch really cool old movies. I will be able to fulfill my life’s purpose of helping people form better relationships with each other.

And yes, I understand that I don’t realize the wild, unconditional love I could feel for having a kid.

I don’t want to have to feel such love for my kids in the same way that I don’t want to feel such addiction to heroin. I’m sure it feels amazing to watch my offspring run around, but I’d rather just avoid the whole situation altogether and do stuff that I want to do.

And yes, I understand that kids will take care of me when I’m old. But guess what? I’m going to be really rich when I’m old, so I won’t need a kid to take care of me. Plus, I would love to relieve them of that obligation in the first place.

I am simply too selfish to have kids.

Plus, my little sister is going to have kids, and I’m going to be coolest, most loving uncle anyone’s ever met! And then, after I’ve played with my little nieces and nephews, I can go home and do whatever the hell I want—alone!

Lastly, I just don’t feel strongly enough about wanting to carry-on my lineage. I’ll be dead by then, so I don’t give a shit. It doesn’t matter to me. When I die, that’s the end of the world for me. It’s the end of my narrative. And carrying-on my lineage is not a big enough sell if I can’t actually watch it happen for eternity.

As you ask me why I don’t want any kids, I think the more interesting question is why do you actually want kids?

Source: https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-you-want-any-kids

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: ItuGlobal
Re: Why Some People Don’t Want To Have Children by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 08, 2018
Like seriously?
Lord, I only want 12 kids!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Some People Don’t Want To Have Children by anoda(m): 10:35pm On Feb 08, 2018
modelmike7:
Like seriously?
Lord, I only want 12 kids!!
takit easy on her
Re: Why Some People Don’t Want To Have Children by Daeylar(f): 11:46pm On Feb 08, 2018
I like this topic. smiley
Re: Why Some People Don’t Want To Have Children by BizLifeE: 1:36pm On Feb 09, 2018
In Western countries, we see kids as a big deal. But in Western countries, they don't see them as a big deal.
Re: Why Some People Don’t Want To Have Children by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
To each their own. Thankfully, in our time it is possible to have s.ex without having children. I understand why many people decide not to have children, unfortunately, more often than not, these people would raise children properly because they have the intellect and resources to when many people who have plenty of children raise malnourished mo.rons.

Anyway, as with everything, there are advantages and disadvantages to each and every decision.
Re: Why Some People Don’t Want To Have Children by jashar(f): 9:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
It's your life and choice to make.

smiley

I wanna have children.

kiss
Re: Why Some People Don’t Want To Have Children by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:07am On Feb 10, 2018
this question should goes to only few people but for the married couples, they want it and to me, children are our most valued natural resources,...i dnt see why anyone will not want it..if I hv the funds,, i can have up to 30 kids...

(1) (Reply)

I Need To Leave The Village For The City. / How Not To Talk To Your Husband / Why Igbos Girls Don't Or Hardly Date / Marry Other Tribe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.