Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc (25794 Views)

'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' / Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by nnadychuks(m): 10:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
Hello, I'm a Nigerian, 19 years old. I've had this feeling burning inside me for the past three years; I don't want to follow the steps of my parents(study, work, marry, have children,etc..) I'm thinking of playing football like Cristiano or Neymar but people around me make me feel like I'm crazy and they make me feel like something is wrong with not wanting to live a normal life.
Is there anything wrong with me not wanting a normal life?

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Eco99(m): 10:41pm On Jan 27, 2019

So you want ordinary people to motivate you to live an extra ordinary life...

Keep waiting

314 Likes 25 Shares

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
At 19 u still thinking of playing football? Are u good at d game?

28 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by greatnaija01: 10:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
you are LIVING A NORMAL LIFE ALREADY.... so stop squealing about it or making a fuss about it.

IT IS COMPLETELY NORMAL IN THIS ENLIGHTENED AGE TO BE SO PASSIONATE TO PURSUE YOUR DREAMS.

The most celebrated people today are those who DID, so really it is easier to be allowed to pursue your dreams now than how it was 20 YEARS AGO.

So step out and make moves..... stop announcing your PLANS or GOALS or VISION to others.
EAGLES DO NOT DISCUSS WITH CHICKENS on how HIGH THEY ARE PERMITTED TO FLY.

So if you are still being supported by custodians and parents.... then it is wise to do what they want you to do for now till you have an exit strategy to be ON YOUR OWN and then you can follow your dreams without LOOKING BACK.

nnadychuks:
Hello, I'm a Nigerian, 19 years old. I've had this feeling burning inside me for the past three years; I don't want to follow the steps of my parents(study, work, marry, have children,etc..) I'm thinking of playing football like Cristiano or Neymar but people around me make me feel like I'm crazy and they make me feel like something is wrong with not wanting to live a normal life.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by nnadychuks(m): 10:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
Eco99:

So you want ordinary people to motivate you to live an extra ordinary life...

Keep waiting
So it's normal to think my parents are right for wanting me to live a normal life?

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 27, 2019
The only thing wrong with you, is you.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by nnadychuks(m): 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
greatnaija01:
you are LIVING A NORMAL LIFE ALREADY.... so stop squealing about it or making a fuss about it.

IT IS COMPLETELY NORMAL IN THIS ENLIGHTENED AGE TO BE SO PASSIONATE TO PURSUE YOUR DREAMS.

The most celebrated people today are those who DID, so really it is easier to be allowed to pursue your dreams now than how it was 20 YEARS AGO.

So step out and make moves..... stop announcing your PLANS or GOALS or VISION to others.
EAGLES DO NOT DISCUSS WITH CHICKENS on how HIGH THEY ARE PERMITTED TO FLY.

So if you are still being supported by custodians and parents.... then it is wise to do what they want you to do for now till you have an exit strategy to be ON YOUR OWN and then you can follow your dreams without LOOKING BACK.

I don't know, but before I'll leave my parents home I'll be at least 23. Then it might become normal for me to live like them

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by greatnaija01: 11:08pm On Jan 27, 2019
if TIME can make you forget a DREAM then you are just fantasizing and NOT really having a TRUE VISION for whatever you claim is your passion.

VISIONS Are TESTED OVER TIME
LOVE IS TESTED OVER TIME

fooooolishness due to childishness is always in a hurry.

GET A MENTOR that can curb your excesses and calm your boiling blood and clearly show you what it takes BY 30 you may have changed career 4 - 5 TIMES.

nnadychuks:
I don't know, but before I'll leave my parents home I'll be at least 23. Then it might become normal for me to live like them

10 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by TheManofTomorrow(m): 11:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
Those who lead extraordinary life started making their bed right from their tender age. Some as early as 6, say,messi and Rinaldo you mentioned. I'm sure you know their story.

But considering the Nigerian factor, age 19 isn't too bad to key into the footballing profession provided you re already good at it and not just going their so as the be termed extra ordinary or because you see well paid footballers and you envy them. You know the amount of work they put?

You can lead an extraordinary life, but you gat to be extraordinary first. Sacrifice your time, energy, money and what have you.
The sky will be ur starting point

6 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Fuckallmods: 11:32pm On Jan 27, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by lilmax(m): 11:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
it's funny how we look a those at the top thinking it's so easy to get there

just like all these entrepreneurs look at dangote and tell most of you to quit school grin

one thing you need to understand is your life is in your hand, and be ready to dance to whatever song you're about to play

as far you do not blame anybody later if it doesn't work out, then you're on the right path

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 28, 2019
follow ur dream.engage in sports and go to the stadium to practice frequently and hopefully small club fit see u and pick u.but hope u want to play football cos of d passion u got for d game and not cos u want to hamma like messi cos if na money jus dey ur eye then u might not go far o.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:11am On Jan 28, 2019
nnadychuks:

you gave us a half story, Christiani and Neymar are people who are talented in football hence their career is footballer

as for you what your talent ir carer path you want to follow ?

do you know that Christiano has kids and a girfriend so he is a father though not married but we say he is a family man

dont confuse a career and personal life, all these talented footballers have life aka personal life like any other person, girlfriends/wives, kids etc

you only see them as footballers and you think thats it, without knowing that after the 90mins they go home to wives/girfiends etc

7 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by CreepyBlackpool: 2:03am On Jan 28, 2019
lol, you're still 19 grin
its normal for you to want to be different now.
By 23/24 you'd give anything to have that normal life

9 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Nobody: 4:44am On Jan 28, 2019
nnadychuks:
if you're truly determined football Is where your talent lies, then don't let anybody stop you......

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by nnadychuks(m): 7:05am On Jan 28, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

you gave us a half story, Christiani and Neymar are people who are talented in football hence their career is footballer

as for you what your talent ir carer path you want to follow ?

do you know that Christiano has kids and a girfriend so he is a father though not married but we say he is a family man

dont confuse a career and personal life, all these talented footballers have life aka personal life like any other person, girlfriends/wives, kids etc

you only see them as footballers and you think thats it, without knowing that after the 90mins they go home to wives/girfiends etc
I won't argue with you but I believe u understood what I meant by "normal lifestyle"
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by nnadychuks(m): 7:07am On Jan 28, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
lol, you're still 19 grin

its normal for you to want to be different now.

By 23/24 you'd give anything to have that normal life
this set of people will also tell you 'you can't find love now, wait till 10 years later then you'll reminisce about loving that girl and laugh'

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Satan66(m): 7:47am On Jan 28, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
At 19 u still thinking of playing football? Are u good at d game?
Mbappe is 18 years and people are calling him the next Ronaldo.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 28, 2019
Satan66:

Mbappe is 18 years and people are calling him the next Ronaldo.
Kindly understand me. D op is still thinking while mbappe has achieved so much at that age. I hope he's already making moves towards his dreams and not just thinking

8 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:05am On Jan 28, 2019
nnadychuks:
I won't argue with you but I believe u understood what I meant by "normal lifestyle"

saying what i think is not an arguement

what is normal life style to you ?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 28, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Kindly understand me. D op is still thinking while mbappe has achieved so much at that age. I hope he's already making moves towards his dreams and not just thinking
is it a must every great footballer must have started practicing since childhood?
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 28, 2019
futurist369:
is it a must every great footballer must have started practicing since childhood?
Not really
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by mimicue(f): 9:48am On Jan 28, 2019
youre still young, as you grow older you will have more sense

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by LalasticlalaPA: 9:58am On Jan 28, 2019
Dear OP, playing football is still a normal life, but daring to make a difference in whatever "field" of life u find urself is living an extraordinary life.
Pursue your passion with hardwork and perseverance, and it'll surely pay off. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 28, 2019
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by MicroBox: 9:59am On Jan 28, 2019
Abeg you with God follow your dream and aim Georgia as your first destination, it's a small European country which will probably prepare you for your football career
in Europe.
About marriage and family, when the time comes you will do that, no need to say much..

Good luck ..
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by kekakuz(m): 10:00am On Jan 28, 2019
futurist369:
who is this illitrate. why dont you just shut up if you dont understand the chat
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Haymaykar(m): 10:00am On Jan 28, 2019
Guy my advice for you is to follow your dream and not that of your parents....cause if you follow theirs when things might be going hard for you they might not be there....as for me am just 18 years and am already 6.5ft tall...but I have just started following my dream on becoming a good basketballer...

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by IamProdigy: 10:00am On Jan 28, 2019
cheesy

Interesting.. Thought, you wanted to do something really "different"....football is pretty normal is just there are slim chances of entering the big leagues.

Different like: finding a cure to an epidemic, visiting space, touring 20 countries Bfr 35, sponsoring the education of 50 total strangers, becoming super influential with a time period etc cheesy

Meanwhile..
It's A new year let's help u rebrand

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Godskidk(m): 10:00am On Jan 28, 2019
At 19, you're still aspiring to be like CR7 or Neymar... Guy receive sense.
It's time to start acting on your aspirations already... Do somrsomet to push you to their level

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Return The Money To Your Parents After The Floggings? (Photo) / Hilarious Lies You've Ever Told Your Parents! / Fell@tio and cunnil!ngu.s-a Taboo In African Marriages. Where Do We Start?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.