Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Is IrokoTV Founder Simdul Shagaya Blaming Nigeria For The Failure Of Konga? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is IrokoTV Founder Simdul Shagaya Blaming Nigeria For The Failure Of Konga? (748 Views)

Billionaire Businesswoman, Bola Shagaya Is 60, Shares Lovely Pictures / Become An Irokotv Dealer Today And Earn Big!!! / IROKOTV Voucher Codes 3 Months ₦ 1,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is IrokoTV Founder Simdul Shagaya Blaming Nigeria For The Failure Of Konga? by EtzEkeyz(m): 4:08pm On Feb 08, 2018
Finally The IrokoTV boss, Jason Njoku has finally disclosed why Konga’s founder, Simdul Shagaya decided to sell the Iroko TV to Zinox
Jason has vehemently reproved all rumors that claims that Konga was sold put out for sale to Zinox due to mismanagement, theft and criminality. He said it is just time for Sim Shagaya to throw in the towel and let go of his childbrain.

“Nigeria Inc is poorer now in my opinion. When companies in Nigeria fail, it’s usually because of basic criminality and theft. The captain never goes down with the ship. Let me be clear. Sim+Shola ‘went down’ with their ship. I would say 95% of his material wealth was tied up in Konga.”

“As for criminality + theft? That wasn’t the case at Konga. No doubt they had internal and external fraud problems. It’s Nigeria. I’m sure, as I look around at IROKO, someone is trying to steal from me right now. But there was aggressive market development.

“There was overspending on everything because that’s what they felt they needed to do to ‘win this market’. There was no sense of impropriety. They gave it their best and the market, this fucking horrendously difficult market Nigeria, this market which turns dreams to ashes daily, just wouldn’t yield.”

“It was never about cash. Jumia has cash. All they are doing is burning more of it. The market is pushing back any effort of rationalisation. It may be untameable. I am 100% sure if I hadn’t ignored Nigeria for first 5 years of IROKOtv’s life, we would probably be dead. In fact, IROKOtv should have died in 2015.”

Is He blaming Nigerians for the Failure of Konga?

http://www.notedwap.com/2018/02/irokotv-founder-jason-njoku-reveals-why.html

(1) (Reply)

15% Off On Your First Spa Visit Ikeja GRA / Start Your Plastic Manufacturing (injection And Moulding) Business. / How To Create Multiple Accounts On Fiverr Using One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.