Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,844 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:44 AM

How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals (14633 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Pays Condolence Visit To Pastor Odukoya Over Wife's Death (Pix) / Bishop Oyedepo & Wife, Faith Celebrate 38th Wedding Anniversary (Throwback Pics) / Bishop David Oyedepo, Wife And Children In Lovely Family Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by georgiana: 4:23pm On Feb 08, 2018
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor E.A Adeboye, on Monday, during his ministration at the birthday thanksgiving service of Bishop Oyedepo’s wife, Faith Oyedepo, who clocked 60 years on February 2nd, revealed how God delivered Mrs Oyedepo from the hands of death.

Bishop Oyedepo, had, during the service, revealed how he got connected with the Adeboyes and how God used Baba Adeboye during his wife’s illness.

Oyedepo said, “The Lord connected us by divine direction to the spiritual family tree of Baba Adeboye. During the time of my wife’s challenge she was already published as dead and they went to Redemption Camp to distribute it.”
Read more: http://naijachurchnews.com/pastor-adeboye-recounts-initially-informed-oyedepos-wife-death-years-ago/

Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by iclass1: 4:25pm On Feb 08, 2018
Hallelujah!!!
Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by 4reala(m): 4:41pm On Feb 08, 2018
Our God is great. more anointing daddy
Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by Seun(m): 5:37pm On Feb 08, 2018
Somebody thought she was dead and published it. The person was duly corrected. And somehow, this is a miracle. tongue

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by Evablizin(f): 5:43pm On Feb 08, 2018
God is a mighty healer.

For you to be alive today is a great testimony,take it or leave it,you know yourself.tongue

1 Like

Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by Daviddson(m): 5:48pm On Feb 08, 2018
Seun:
Somebody thought she was dead and published it. The person was duly corrected. And somehow, this is a miracle. tongue
Just wondering why none of the threads you comment on ever gets to the front page. Or at least 80% never gets to FP.
Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by spartan117(m): 7:57am On Feb 10, 2018
Seun:
There will come a time in your life when all your logic and rationalizations will fail you. All that will be left for you to do is believe in God for a miracle. Until then.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by Seun(m): 9:06am On Feb 10, 2018
spartan117:
There will come a time in your life when all your logic and rationalisations will fail you. All that will be left for you to do is believe in God for a miracle. Until then.
Countries in which most people rely on logic and evidence are far more successful than countries in which most people rely on God and miracles

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by sonofluc1fer: 10:04am On Feb 10, 2018
Last last she go die. Adeboye and Oyedepo too.. me too.

All these scammers always using fear to push their lies..

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by sonofluc1fer: 10:05am On Feb 10, 2018
spartan117:

There will come a time in your life when all your logic and rationalizations will fail you. All that will be left for you to do is believe in God for a miracle. Until then.
Lol. That anticipation for evil to befall a sinner so they can come to God. You lot are a sick bunch of people.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by J2381: 10:12am On Feb 10, 2018
Daviddson:
Just wondering why none of the threads you comment on ever gets to the front page. Or at least 80% never gets to FP.
That's cos he's a coward. grin
Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by J2381: 10:14am On Feb 10, 2018
sonofluc1fer:

Lol. That anticipation for evil to befall a sinner so they can come to God. You lot are a sick bunch of people.
If evil have never fallen on our religious and political leaders, I doubt it will fall on anybody for airing their opinion.
Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by sonofluc1fer: 10:28am On Feb 10, 2018
J2381:
If evil have never fallen on our religious and political leaders, I doubt it will fall on anybody for airing their opinion.
God don try punish me well well sha. But I always survived. I might be the only one who will be raptured to Hell Fire. Been giving Yahweh tribulation here on earth.
Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by J2381: 10:33am On Feb 10, 2018
sonofluc1fer:

God don try punish me well well sha. But I always survived. I might be the only one who will be raptured to Hell Fire. Been giving Yahweh tribulation here on earth.
lol. believe, going by all what i've seen and experience here in Nigeria, i've come to believe that Hell (if it exist) is going to be one very funky and fun place to be.
Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by spartan117(m): 10:35am On Feb 10, 2018
Seun:

Countries in which most people rely on logic and evidence are far more successful than countries in which most people rely on God and miracles
It's astonishing that you think Christians don't use logic maybe it's from your interactions with a few Christians who lack knowledge.

However need I remind you that the Jews one of the most religious people on the planet have contributed the most to every aspect of science, countless other Christians around the globe have made scientific breakthroughs. When you come to the understanding that the spiritual is connected to the physical and you realize that God gave man a sense of reasoning for him to use it then you will be free to harness your immense mental capacity and use it to better mankind.

But we Christians who are spiritually minded know that there is a limit to what science can achieve. When we are confronted with a seemingly impossible challenge we know that there is a higher life we are called to live and in there is the solution to the challenge we face. That's why throughout the course of history there has never been and neither is there any challenge we can't surmount.

Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by chemystery: 10:36am On Feb 10, 2018
spartan117:

Invariably only the evil things that makes people turn to god and not the good things.
What i understand by this is that those who invented god (the good guy) also saw the need to invent Satan (the bad guy) so that god will seem relevant
Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:42am On Feb 10, 2018
Seun:

You need to realise that there is a distinction between religion and superstition, most African countries are superstitious and misinterpreting it with religion.

Religion goes beyond Believing.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by Seun(m): 12:06pm On Feb 10, 2018
spartan117:

It's astonishing that you think Christians don't use logic maybe it's from your interactions with a few Christians who lack knowledge.
The most successful Christians are those who compartmentalize their religion from their work. So at work, they rely on logic for most of their important decisions. The most successful religious country (USA) is the one that has strict separation between church and state in its constitution, so that most civil and legal decisions are made based on logical reasoning. So yes, Christians use logic too, and it works for them in the areas of their lives in which they choose to use it. If all that outspoken atheists can achieve is to persuade religious people to use logic in more areas of life, it’s totally worth it.

However need I remind you that the Jews one of the most religious people on the planet have contributed the most to every aspect of science
Jews are not very religious. A Gallup survey in 2015 determined that 65 percent of Israelis say they are either "not religious" or "convinced atheists", while 30 percent say they are "religious" Source (Wikipedia)

countless other Christians around the globe have made scientific breakthroughs ... But we Christians who are spiritually minded know that there is a limit to what science can achieve. When we are confronted with a seemingly impossible challenge we know that there is a higher life we are called to live and in there is the solution to the challenge we face.
This attitude is one of the reasons why religious thinking is so damaging. When Christians can’t easily figure out the solutions to their problems, they switch off their brains and turn to God. Instead of just doing more research, reaching out to human experts who may know better, and persevering in brainstorming until they figure out the solution, they start praying and fasting, which is totally unproductive.

As long as we don’t understand that our hardest problems (e.g the herdsmen attacks, corruption, terrorism, poor healthcare, insecurity, etc) will not be solved until we come up with comprehensive solutions and implement them effectively, we will continue implementing half-baked solutions and hoping that our supporting prayers will make them work.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by spartan117(m): 12:13pm On Feb 10, 2018
Seun:

The most successful Christians are those who compartmentalize their religion from their work. So at work, they rely on logic for most of their important decisions. The most successful religious country (USA) is the one that has strict separation between church and state in its constitution, so that civil and legal decisions are made based on logical reasoning. So yes, Christians use logic too, and it works for them in the areas of their lives in which they choose to use it. If all that outspoken atheists can achieve is to persuade religious people to use logic more frequently, it’s totally worth it.

Jews are not very religious. A Gallup survey in 2015 determined that 65 percent of Israelis say they are either "not religious" or "convinced atheists", while 30 percent say they are "religious" Source (Wikipedia)

This attitude is precisely why religious thinking is so damaging. When Christians can’t easily figure out the solutions to their problems, they switch of their minds and turn to God. Instead of just doing more research, reaching out to human experts who may know better, and persevering in brainstorming until they figure out the solution, they start praying and fasting, which is totally unproductive.

As long as we don’t understand that our hardest problems (e.g the herdsmen attacks, corruption, terrorism, poor healthcare, insecurity, etc) will not be solved until we come up with comprehensive solutions and implement them effectively, we will continue implementing half-baked solutions and hoping that our supporting prayers will make them work.
You can't understand spiritual things because you have not been enabled to. However like I said before there will come a time when you will need to and I pray it comes soonest because therein lies the answers to all your questions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by hahn(m): 12:22pm On Feb 10, 2018
spartan117:

You can't understand spiritual things because you have not been enabled to. However like I said before there will come a time when you will need to and I pray it comes soonest because therein lies the answers to all your questions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by Seun(m): 1:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
spartan117:

You can't understand spiritual things because you have not been enabled to.
How can we distinguish between spiritual things, which can’t be understood logically,
and arrant nonsense, which also cannot be understood logically?
Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by Geeman23(m): 3:56pm On Feb 10, 2018
Seun:

How can we distinguish between spiritual things, which can’t be understood logically, and arrant nonsense, which also cannot be understood which logically?
This is the loophole this Pentecostal preachers exploit to put self-serving so called spiritual truth into thethinking of people.unfortunately the context of such spiritual truth would be what pastors stand on the altar an throw at people with spiritual emotion.

I am a christian but overtime I have discovered that the best religion should be is just at level of individual faith and not on a general scope of life as in health,prosperity,business as our pentecostal preachers would want us to believe.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by spartan117(m): 6:00pm On Feb 10, 2018
Seun:

How can we distinguish between spiritual things, which can’t be understood logically,
and arrant nonsense, which also cannot be understood logically?
I know someone who once said "my foolishness is wiser than the wisdom of men!"
No wonder the natural man sees spiritual things as foolishness.

So to answer your question NO! You can't distinguish between spiritual things and arant nonsense for one simple reason: you lack the capability to do so.

According to my Bible there are three kinds of man
1) the natural man : this is the normal man born by flesh and blood. We were all once under this category but some of us transcended. The natural man lacks the capability to understand spiritual things because he lives and is limited to just his 5 senses.

2) the carnal man: the carnal man is essentially a natural man who has chosen to live after his flesh (that innate desire for worldly passion) unfortunately many Christians fall under this category though they have received Christ they have no desire to know anything about the realm of the Spirit. The Bible declares: to be carnally minded is death and to be spiritually minded is life. This man is not capable of producing anything Supernatural, though he is saved he will live and die like just any natural man.

3) The spiritual man. This is a growing breed of believers that hunger and thirst after things of the Spirit. This man is born again, he has God's holy spirit living in him and he recognizes his place in Christ, he is essentially a God on earth! He doesn't operate according to natural laws, not because they are false but because he operates by a superior law called 'the law of the Spirit of life'

This man has the power to heal the sick raise the dead and pull down strongholds *this man does not get sick* if he gets sick he recognizes that thesame spirit that rose up Christ from the dead lives in him and that spirit revitalizes his mortal body (no wonder apostle Paul got bitten by a deadly viper and just simply shrugged it into the fire lol) if a global food chain is drawn up today this man will be right at the very top of the food chain.

Please note that it would be impossible to understand what I wrote about the spiritual man because unfortunately every man falls into the category of the 'natural man' until he accepts Christ and do's God's word.

In conclusion from your natural perspective you CANNOT distinguish spiritual things it will be like trying to run a Windows program on a Java operating system, spiritual things then looks just exactly like arant nonsense.
However we who are spiritually minded have the ability to see things both from the natural perspective (logic) and also from the spiritual perspective,thus we can distinguish spiritual things from jibberrish.
Re: How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals by felaismyhero(m): 10:44am On May 13, 2018
wow,bro.u are so on point.a lot of people are too lazy to think(tho i must confess real thinking is hard job),hence the need for religion.the ancient romans had an altar to the unknown god;they just attribute all the other unexplainable natural phenomenon to it.

(1) (Reply)

How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? / Is Gambling A Sin? / Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.