Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,407 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" (5455 Views)

Atiku Releases ‘Evidence’ Of Election Result From INEC Website / INEC Website Shows How Buhari Benefitted From Manual Voting In 2015 / Take Advantage Of APDA Platform; Party Youths Urge Nigeria Youths (2) (3) (4)

Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by AlexReports(m): 5:54pm On Feb 08, 2018
Labour Party Youths Protest; insists Sacked Chairman's Name be removed from INEC Website

Youths of labour party across Nigeria convened at Abuja yesterday to protest over the delays and illegitimate positions of INEC for its frivolous engagements with sacked party chairman, as well as the failure to install and recognise Dr. Mike  Omotosho as the legitimate National Chairman and leader of the party.

The call for the removal of  A.A Salam as the party leader on the official site of INEC became a priority with the incessant threats; distortion of party progress and the invasion of party secretariat with touts and thugs to sabotage developments in the party. According to youths who carried placards and posters chanting for the removal of A A Salam from the official website of the electoral commission, they spoke to our reporters saying that A A Salam is corrupt and is the reason why the party’s advancement was backslided. 

According to the records A. A Salam embezzled over 1.4 billion naira belonging to the party and perpetrated alot of criminal activities, which eventually led to his removal. However, considering the National Convention of the party held last year, Dr. Mike Omotosho was elected by party members to be the new National Chairman of the party. Constitutionally, the results of the convention upholds Omotosho and puts an end to the reign of A.A Salam as the party chairman, but the Independent National Electoral Commission has failed to recognise the position of the party because the sacked chairman shares an unholy relationship with the commission.

The democratic move or protest as the case may be, had several youths holding placards and banners with inscriptions like “INEC legal dept should stop the game and recognise Mike Omotosho as party chairman”, “the court has ruled, Mike Omotosho is our chairman”, “remove A.A Salam from INEC website”, “INEC legal dept should do the needful omotosho is our chairman”, “INEC remove A.A Salam from your website and stop misleading the public”, “INEC cannot impose a corrupt leader on us” and several other inscriptions. However, this was a perfect expression of the plights, worries and challenges of labour party members on the position of INEC in the party’s leadership.

Dr. Mike Omotosho has commended party members and the youths of the party for coming out in such an amazing number to democratically clamour for what is right, he says, “we have come out to peacefully call on INEC to accept our submission on the issues surrounding the leadership of our party and we are sure that our voices will be held, and that the right thing will be done”. He concluded by encouraging Nigerians youths to always stand for truth and justic‎e

http://www.alexreports.info/2018/02/labour-party-youths-protest-insists.html?m=0

Re: Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by kelvinhilton(m): 5:56pm On Feb 08, 2018
What are they waiting for??

Re: Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 09, 2018
Na dem sabi...
Re: Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by 12submarine(m): 9:12am On Feb 09, 2018
Whatever, Buhari will be voted out. That is what I know, nothing concern me with one yeye update in one yeye website.

Re: Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 09, 2018
� maybe he promised bruhari labour party vote comes 2019, and buhari want inec to retain him

Ghen ghen

Re: Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by Nathan2016: 9:14am On Feb 09, 2018
Which one be labour party?

Re: Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by kollinpowel(m): 9:16am On Feb 09, 2018
Are they a new party in Nigeria cos I only know 3 parties APC ,PDP and the rest.
Re: Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by israkin01: 9:18am On Feb 09, 2018
Boring news
Re: Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by lelvin(m): 9:19am On Feb 09, 2018
In developed countries youths like this could hack and shut down the INEC website to make their point.
Re: Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by Shawnnn01: 9:20am On Feb 09, 2018
12submarine:
Whatever, Buhari will be voted out. That is what I know, nothing concern me with one yeye update in one yeye website.
All these Igbo Ipob PDP idiots making noise on social media na you wan vote am out ? Vote out Buhari for any God forsaken PDP politician to continue the plundering of the national treasury like Allison Metuh Dasuki are doing right ?

Re: Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by 12submarine(m): 9:23am On Feb 09, 2018
Shawnnn01:

All these Igbo Ipob PDP idiots making noise on social media na you wan vote am out ? Vote out Buhari for any God forsaken PDP politician to continue the plundering of the national treasury like Allison Metuh Dasuki are doing right ?
Firstly, I'm not Igbo and secondly, it is only fools that will want Buhari in office beyond today despite what we are going through. Lastly, where did you see PDP in my post? PDP, APC and CMN are all bunch of rogues. Even Obasanjo is a mad man. Jos crisis the swallowed over 1000 people happened when he was the president, I can never forget, so he should shut the fucckk up.

Re: Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by KLWL(m): 9:31am On Feb 09, 2018
12submarine:

You 5% ipob will be surprised to see Buhahi winning in 2019. By the way, who cares about your votes in 2015?
I know some of you will vomit suicide after Buhari's triumph in 2019 election.

Oooooo da booooo.
Re: Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by QTEST007(m): 9:35am On Feb 09, 2018
t
Re: Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by 12submarine(m): 9:39am On Feb 09, 2018
KLWL:

You 5% ipob will be surprised to see Buhahi winning in 2019. By the way, who cares about your votes in 2015?
I know some of you will vomit suicide after Buhari's triumph in 2019 election.

Oooooo da booooo.
Below is my response to one of your types. Read through and adjust it to suit your response.

12submarine:

Firstly, I'm not Igbo and secondly, it is only fools that will want Buhari in office beyond today despite what we are going through. Lastly, where did you see PDP in my post? PDP, APC and CNM are all bunch of rogues. Even Obasanjo is a mad man. Jos crisis the swallowed over 1000 people happened when he was the president, I can never forget, so he should shut the fucckk up.

Re: Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by lordrah2020: 10:40am On Feb 09, 2018
jobless youths from a shithole country who think our shithole leaders understand protest

Re: Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by Ttipsy(f): 10:53am On Feb 09, 2018
pls when is kano maradi naija republic railway opening ?? rubbish
Re: Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website" by Shawnnn01: 11:31pm On Feb 15, 2018
12submarine:

Firstly, I'm not Igbo and secondly, it is only fools that will want Buhari in office beyond today despite what we are going through. Lastly, where did you see PDP in my post? PDP, APC and CMN are all bunch of rogues. Even Obasanjo is a mad man. Jos crisis the swallowed over 1000 people happened when he was the president, I can never forget, so he should shut the fucckk up.

You can as well tell us we do not deserve a choice in this democracy. Plus I can smell an Igbo from a planet away, their hate for every God creation always shine through.

If My Mother Is Igbo, Can I Claim And Contest For Governorship In Her State / Naira Crisis: Presidency Warns El-rufai, Ganduje / The Hatred I Have For Igbos Make Me Realize This