Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,391 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

His Boss To Be Described Him As Cocky....what Does This Mean? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / His Boss To Be Described Him As Cocky....what Does This Mean? (562 Views)

Sacked Driver Clings To The Bonnet Of His Boss’ Moving Car (Photo, Video) / In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours / A Policewoman Called My Boss To Sack Me At My Place Of Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Boss To Be Described Him As Cocky....what Does This Mean? by Doerstech(m): 6:43pm On Feb 08, 2018
Biko follow nairalanders heLP me answer this question: A friend was called in for a one on one chat with the CEO of a company he recently had interview with.....

The CEO Started by telling him that he had a good review from the panel but one panelist described HIM AS "COCKY".....since then he has been trying to understand what that meant.........Please someone should help me with an answer
Re: His Boss To Be Described Him As Cocky....what Does This Mean? by sammyscholar(m): 6:58am On Feb 09, 2018
It means your friend was arrogant and overly proud. That shouldn't bother him, anyway. I think his confidence was just misconstrued by that particular interviewer.
Re: His Boss To Be Described Him As Cocky....what Does This Mean? by Doerstech(m): 9:54am On Feb 09, 2018
sammyscholar:
It means your friend was arrogant and overly proud. That shouldn't bother him, anyway. I think his confidence was just misconstrued by that particular interviewer.

He just reaffirmed his competence to the panel nothing more really...
Re: His Boss To Be Described Him As Cocky....what Does This Mean? by emmyclassic(m): 11:17am On Feb 09, 2018
Nairaland is now your dictionary.. You should have just Google it.
Re: His Boss To Be Described Him As Cocky....what Does This Mean? by Doerstech(m): 12:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
emmyclassic:
Nairaland is now your dictionary.. You should have just Google it.

Of course first thing we did was to google it.....But I'm not just looking for the dictionary meaning of it rather the context of which the phrase is use which i thought an HR person here will explain......

(1) (Reply)

How Much Do You Know About Train Nigeria Learn Nigeria / React Native Tutorials / Become A Nebosh Certified Safety Professional In Preparation For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.