Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,164 members, 7,860,175 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:19 AM

Did I Made A Mistake Of Going To College Of Education? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Did I Made A Mistake Of Going To College Of Education? (564 Views)

What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? / Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? / Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Made A Mistake Of Going To College Of Education? by Sadiqali24(m): 7:51am On Nov 21, 2018
My name is Ali Sadiq Abubakar, I got 203 in JAMB in the year 2015 and that was my first attempt,my ambition was to study civil engineering in the prestigious federal university of technology, Minna.I couldn't secure admission but how God will make it, I got two admission from poly(civil engineering) and college of education(mathematics/physics)that same year but cuz of lack of counseling I choose college of education, fast forward to present times, I graduated with 4.25 as CGPA. My thought is poly students have the advantage of doing HND unlike college of education students were they have to spend another 3 years in the university before going to service. My question is did I make a mistake of going to college of education? I'm 22 years of age.
constructivist response please.
Re: Did I Made A Mistake Of Going To College Of Education? by waleyp(m): 7:59am On Nov 21, 2018
If You Spend Another 3 Years In A UNI Is No Big Deal, Time De Go So Start Processin A UNI
Re: Did I Made A Mistake Of Going To College Of Education? by Sadiqali24(m): 8:01am On Nov 21, 2018
thank you
Re: Did I Made A Mistake Of Going To College Of Education? by samsamo48: 1:14pm On Nov 21, 2018
Take that advice and process your university admission now while u r still this young.

1 Like

Re: Did I Made A Mistake Of Going To College Of Education? by Mobsync(m): 5:48pm On Mar 14, 2019
Sadiqali24:
My name is Ali Sadiq Abubakar, I got 203 in JAMB in the year 2015 and that was my first attempt,my ambition was to study civil engineering in the prestigious federal university of technology, Minna.I couldn't secure admission but how God will make it, I got two admission from poly(civil engineering) and college of education(mathematics/physics)that same year but cuz of lack of counseling I choose college of education, fast forward to present times, I graduated with 4.25 as CGPA. My thought is poly students have the advantage of doing HND unlike college of education students were they have to spend another 3 years in the university before going to service. My question is did I make a mistake of going to college of education? I'm 22 years of age.
constructivist response please.

No, you didn't.

Poly graduates also spend three years in the uni to get their B.Sc. Engineering students spend four years.

Poly graduates also spend one or two years on industrial training (depending on the grade they graduated with) before they can go for their HND. So it is balanced.

The HND becomes a disadvantage when you want to get a Masters. Poly graduates spend one year to get a post-graduate diploma before they can proceed for their Masters.

(1) (Reply)

Job Interviews / How To Make Medicated Soap FREE Of CHARGE / Meet The First Nigerian To Be Appointed Professor At Havard School Of Law.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.