Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean (56309 Views)

40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean / 28 Toyota Trim Level Acronyms And What They Mean / Pastor Igwe Erick Nwankwo's Car Number Plate Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by nwakibie3(m): 1:42pm On Feb 09, 2018
EKY is Eti-Osa I guess

1 Like

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by JudgementHammer: 1:42pm On Feb 09, 2018
FST is not festac LG. Its Amuwo Odofin.
Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by alienvirus: 1:42pm On Feb 09, 2018
JJJ is OJO.

AAA is LAGOS ISLAND

The person wey form the acronyms no try at all.

Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by Danielnino00(m): 1:43pm On Feb 09, 2018
Mimienudles:
KTU-----Ketu

Ketu isn't an LGA. its under Alimosho LGA

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by wellmax(m): 1:43pm On Feb 09, 2018
Mimienudles:
KTU-----Ketu

I used to think so but again ketu is not a local government area.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by Alphafeezay(m): 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2018
Mine is SMK.... Though I live in Abuja. Now I know. Thanks
Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by AdeolaSoji(m): 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2018
There is no Festac Local Government. It's Amuwo Odofin Local Government. The headquarters is Festac hence FST

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by Jarus(m): 1:46pm On Feb 09, 2018
EKY is the most sought after.

I currently use an LND. Used GGE, LSR and I think APP in the past.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by femi4: 1:46pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nothing like Festac lg, its amuwo odofin lg
Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by femi4: 1:48pm On Feb 09, 2018
Jarus:
EKY is the most sought after.

I currently use an LND. Used GGE, LSR and I think APP in the past.
No, AAA is the most sought after because its unique

1 Like

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by obidevine(m): 1:48pm On Feb 09, 2018
Automotive1:

Ever wondered what the codes on license plate number stands for.

The unique plate combination of all non customised plate numbers is in the format ABC-123DE.The first three letters indicate the Local Government Area in which the vehicle was registered, which are followed by three digits and two letters.

ABC-123DE example
KSF-622AE for Kosofe LG

GGE-123ZY for Agege LG

ABA-321AA for Aba south

AAH for Anambra(oguocha)

The following first three letters you see on any Lagos plate number indicates the Local Government area in which the vehicle was registered.

SMK= Somolu LG

JJJ = Ojo LG

KJA = Ikeja LG

AAA = Lagos Island LG

FKJ = Ifako Ijaiye

AKD = Ibeju Lekki LGA

LND = Lagos Mainland LG

LSR = Surulere LG

LSD = Oshodi Isolo LG

KSF = Kosofe LG

AGL = Ajeromi Ifelodun

APP = Apapa LG

KTU = Alimosho LG

BDG = Badagry LG

EKY = Eti-Osa LG

KRD = Ikorodu

EPE = Epe LG 

MUS = Mushin LG

GGE = Agege LG

FST = Festac LG

The same rules applies to all non customised plate numbers in all 36 states In Nigeria.

In size and shape,Nigerian license plates are based on those of the United States. Nigeria and Liberia are the only two African countries that do not use the European license plate format.

The license plates are generally white and the number itself is imprinted in blue. In the upper left-hand corner they carry the Flag of Nigeria or the national coat of arms. The state name and slogan is displayed at the top centre of the plate, and the "Federal Republic of Nigeria" is written at the bottom.

You are free to add your state/local government license plate codes if you know one.

Source https://autojosh.com/lagos-state-license-plate-number-codes-mean/

KSF-622AE for Kosofe LG. This is a Hyundai

1 Like

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by femi4: 1:50pm On Feb 09, 2018
alienvirus:
JJJ is OJO.

AAA is LAGOS ISLAND

Nonsense
AAA means Ademola Adeniji-Adele (AAA) = Lagos Island
Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by Nkarchi: 1:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
Op Festac is not a local govt, that LG where festac is, is called Amuwo Odofin

1 Like

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by Mimienudles(f): 1:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
Danielnino00:

Ketu isn't an LGA. its under Alimosho LGA
Had no idea. Thanks
Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by Mimienudles(f): 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
wellmax:

I used to think so but again ketu is not a local government area.
thanks smiley
Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by Evidence1000(m): 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
laserjet:
PMB 019 MG meaning
PRESIDENT MOHAMMADU BUHARI 2019 MUST GO grin grin
smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by alienvirus: 1:59pm On Feb 09, 2018
femi4:
AAA means Ademola Adeniji-Adele (AAA) = Lagos Island

What about JJJ. Justice Jimoh Jamiu?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by femi4: 2:00pm On Feb 09, 2018
alienvirus:

What about JJJ. Justice Jimoh Jamiu?
Is he from Ojo?
Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 09, 2018
Lrn ilorin, sha share
Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by Egein(m): 2:19pm On Feb 09, 2018
Automotive1:

Ever wondered what the codes on license plate number stands for.

The unique plate combination of all non customised plate numbers is in the format ABC-123DE.The first three letters indicate the Local Government Area in which the vehicle was registered, which are followed by three digits and two letters.

ABC-123DE example
KSF-622AE for Kosofe LG

GGE-123ZY for Agege LG

ABA-321AA for Aba south

AAH for Anambra(oguocha)

The following first three letters you see on any Lagos plate number indicates the Local Government area in which the vehicle was registered.

SMK= Somolu LG

JJJ = Ojo LG

KJA = Ikeja LG

AAA = Lagos Island LG

FKJ = Ifako Ijaiye

AKD = Ibeju Lekki LGA

LND = Lagos Mainland LG

LSR = Surulere LG

LSD = Oshodi Isolo LG

KSF = Kosofe LG

AGL = Ajeromi Ifelodun

APP = Apapa LG

KTU = Alimosho LG

BDG = Badagry LG

EKY = Eti-Osa LG

KRD = Ikorodu

EPE = Epe LG 

MUS = Mushin LG

GGE = Agege LG

FST = Festac LG

The same rules applies to all non customised plate numbers in all 36 states In Nigeria.

In size and shape,Nigerian license plates are based on those of the United States. Nigeria and Liberia are the only two African countries that do not use the European license plate format.

The license plates are generally white and the number itself is imprinted in blue. In the upper left-hand corner they carry the Flag of Nigeria or the national coat of arms. The state name and slogan is displayed at the top centre of the plate, and the "Federal Republic of Nigeria" is written at the bottom.

You are free to add your state/local government license plate codes if you know one.

Source https://autojosh.com/lagos-state-license-plate-number-codes-mean/

Wrong information, OP.

Festac, Agege, Mushin, and Somolu are not LGs; so I don't know why added "LG" to them.
Also, "KTU", isn't Alimosho LG as you erroneously posted here. "KTU" is nearly literally "Ketu".

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by psalmson001: 2:22pm On Feb 09, 2018
Turks:
Lemme run that number plate the OP posted. I’d like TK know the kind of car OP uses. grin

That should be a Hyundai and if im not mistaken, dats a Hyundai Accent.
Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:25pm On Feb 09, 2018
WAR is Warri in Delta State. I fear una ooo

1 Like

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by Ododoeye0020(m): 2:44pm On Feb 09, 2018
Osun
LRG : ILA-ORAGUN
GNN: OLORUNDA
SGB: OSOGBO
EDE: EDE SOUTH
EDT: EDE NORTH
AAW: EGBEDORE
KRN: IKIRUN
FDY: IFEDAYO

1 Like

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by omaolowo(m): 2:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
seanswitch:
If EPE is EPE, why can't OJO be OJO? Na dem know sha

Letters O and I are not included to prevent their being mistaken for 0 (Zero) and 1 (One) respectively
Consequently, the following towns with I and/or O are given special treatment...

IWO - WWD
IFE - FFE
IFON - FFN (Ondo State)
IFON - FNN (Osun State)
ILESA - LES
ONDO - NND
ORE - REE
OWO - WWW
OYO - YYY

etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by Kaycee9242(m): 2:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
What does the letter after d number stand for, I thought u wanted to explain everything abt plate number, y did u leave some

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by babslepe: 2:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
alienvirus:
JJJ is OJO.

AAA is LAGOS ISLAND

Nonsense
AAA IS LAGOS ISLAND AND I THINK THE AAA IS MEANING ADENIJI ADELE
Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by Bimpe29: 2:56pm On Feb 09, 2018
Noted, but some of the codes are incorrect.
Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by Bimpe29: 2:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
You are right.

babslepe:
AAA IS LAGOS ISLAND AND I THINK THE AAA IS MEANING ADENIJI ADELE
Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by cosade(m): 2:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
seanswitch:
If EPE is EPE, why can't OJO be OJO? Na dem know sha

Because letter "O" could easily be mixed up with zero "0".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car / States With The Most Beautiful Police Cars In Nigeria (Photos) / Photos Of Customized Nigeria Police Keke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.