Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean (56312 Views)

40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean / 28 Toyota Trim Level Acronyms And What They Mean / Pastor Igwe Erick Nwankwo's Car Number Plate Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by fabregas04(m): 8:12am On Feb 11, 2018
Nwaohafia1:

When the LG name is not used, the town which is the Headquarters is used.

RSH means Karshi

RBC means Rubuchi

AAA means Lagos Island

YAB means .....Yabo
i mean in Abuja. FCT only had 6 LGs and you see more than 9 number plates carrying FCT, you see BWA, GBW, KUJ, ABJ, ABC, KWL, RSH, RBC, YAB, AAA, i am not understanding.
Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by oluawe2017: 11:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
fabregas04:
i mean in Abuja. FCT only had 6 LGs and you see more than 9 number plates carrying FCT, you see BWA, GBW, KUJ, ABJ, ABC, KWL, RSH, RBC, YAB, AAA, i am not understanding.
For Abuja;
6 area councils
ABC - Abuja Municipal Area council
ABJ - Abaji Area council
GWA - Gwagwalada Area council
BWR - Bwari Area Council
KUJ - Kuje Area council
KWL - Kwali Area Council

Additional 3 LGAs
RSH - Karishi LGA
RBC - Rubochi LGA
YAB - Yaba LGA
Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by fabregas04(m): 1:01pm On Feb 12, 2018
Thanks for the detailed explanation. BTW, how about AAA? Pls when were these 3 additional LGs created?, cos i have been seen those numbers since '02, are they recognized
oluawe2017:

For Abuja;
6 area councils
ABC - Abuja Municipal Area council
ABJ - Abaji Area council
GWA - Gwagwalada Area council
BWR - Bwari Area Council
KUJ - Kuje Area council
KWL - Kwali Area Council

Additional 3 LGAs
RSH - Karishi LGA
RBC - Rubochi LGA
YAB - Yaba LGA

Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by Nwaohafia1: 11:05am On Mar 04, 2018
fabregas04:

My opinion. I believe they used more than one town in a LG to accommodate the many number of cars registered in Abuja.
Re: Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean by RuggedSniper: 4:44am On Nov 19, 2020
Automotive1:

Ever wondered what the codes on license plate number stands for.

The unique plate combination of all non customised plate numbers is in the format ABC-123DE.The first three letters indicate the Local Government Area in which the vehicle was registered, which are followed by three digits and two letters.

ABC-123DE example
KSF-622AE for Kosofe LG

GGE-123ZY for Agege LG

ABA-321AA for Aba south

AAH for Anambra(oguocha)

The following first three letters you see on any Lagos plate number indicates the Local Government area in which the vehicle was registered.

SMK= Somolu LG

JJJ = Ojo LG

KJA = Ikeja LG

AAA = Lagos Island LG

FKJ = Ifako Ijaiye

AKD = Ibeju Lekki LGA

LND = Lagos Mainland LG

LSR = Surulere LG

LSD = Oshodi Isolo LG

KSF = Kosofe LG

AGL = Ajeromi Ifelodun

APP = Apapa LG

KTU = Alimosho LG

BDG = Badagry LG

EKY = Eti-Osa LG

KRD = Ikorodu

EPE = Epe LG 

MUS = Mushin LG

GGE = Agege LG

FST = Festac LG

The same rules applies to all non customised plate numbers in all 36 states In Nigeria.

In size and shape,Nigerian license plates are based on those of the United States. Nigeria and Liberia are the only two African countries that do not use the European license plate format.

The license plates are generally white and the number itself is imprinted in blue. In the upper left-hand corner they carry the Flag of Nigeria or the national coat of arms. The state name and slogan is displayed at the top centre of the plate, and the "Federal Republic of Nigeria" is written at the bottom.

You are free to add your state/local government license plate codes if you know one.

Source https://autojosh.com/lagos-state-license-plate-number-codes-mean/

AWESOME! grin

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car / States With The Most Beautiful Police Cars In Nigeria (Photos) / Photos Of Customized Nigeria Police Keke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.