Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) (26614 Views)

Nnadi Chimaobi Michael Builds A Drone In Enugu (Photo, Video) / Ray Fish Caught Near The God's Island, Ibeno In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Sea Turtle Caught Near Ibeno Island In Akwa Ibom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by vendenna: 3:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
omg
Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:56pm On Feb 09, 2018
Manufactured or coupled, which one

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nltaliban:
So, we need 5 Nigerian engineers to make a drone?

Something primary school students are using for practicals in advanced country.

Going by this calculation, we'll need about 100 engineers to make a motorcycle and 2000 engineers to make a car undecided undecided undecided

Use your brain, stop celebrating mediocre, this is 2018

Whatvyou said is absurd,
In Manufacturing you might need as much as that when you factor in production of different parts from raw materials to finished products.
Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by zynzyn(m): 3:59pm On Feb 09, 2018
naija problem no be brain. i am not surprised!!

check out interesting website images.

https://www.nairaland.com/4308121/awesome-interesting-amazing-pictures-images
Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by UDIOK: 4:01pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nltaliban:

Going by this calculation, we'll need about 100 engineers to make a motorcycle and 2000 engineers to make a car undecided undecided undecided

Go and sleep....with ur brain i dont think u can produce a jack knife

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by tgmservice: 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nltaliban:

which one can you do am sure you in your house just drinking garri
Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by MezieFresh: 4:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
if only people knew what was involved in this work....

some think it's just buy and assemble..

there is more than it meets the eye

recall what we went through in the research and trying to develop an unmanned aerial vehicle, more complex than this.... but scarcity of parts, dollar rate and delivery hampered it all.

still paining me till today

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by Nasir123(m): 4:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
Not disappointed do.

But I was expecting to see something more advance.

Just the usual.
Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by Willexmania(m): 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
What Is The Meaning Of All This NonSense Comments Here ! angry
Aaargggh!.

Was Rome Built In A Day ?
If Any White Guy Does This Now You People Will Open Your Mouth To Say "Sai Baba, Naija Can't Make A Drone"
Damn !
Why Can't You Just Appreciate What You Have !
All Of You Saying It Was Assembled With Parts 4rm Computer Village, I Dare You To Go To That Same Computer Village And Get Those Same Parts To Make The Same Drone And I Will Even Give You A Reward. You Can't Do It! I'm Sure You Can't Make A Toy Car With Cartons And Bottle Covers With Broomsticks.
RUBBISH ! ! STUPID SADISTS angry

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 09, 2018
Enough of all this Nigerians manufacture drones news, na so so drones we dey manufacture for this country?
This is even assembling sef.
Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by Follygunners: 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nltaliban:

God bless you my bros. We as a people lack basic prioritizations. What I expect our engineers and other professionals in their various fields is improvising solutions to our current issues. (Like finding alternatives to basic power supply etc... )

What's the value-added of this particular drone to the 9ja populace or how does it help resolve our basic issues? Ordinary alternative to common power supply (electricity - our major issue), we can't provide, we're focusing on some nonsense toys kids play with daily here in the U.S.

Abeg, commot!

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by Follygunners: 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2018
Willexmania:
What Is The Meaning Of All This NonSense Comments Here ! angry
Aaargggh!.

Was Rome Built In A Day ?
If Any White Guy Does This Now You People Will Open Your Mouth To Say "Sai Baba, Naija Can't Make A Drone"
Damn !
Why Can't You Just Appreciate What You Have !
All Of You Saying It Was Assembled With Parts 4rm Computer Village, I Dare You To Go To That Same Computer Village And Get Those Same Parts To Make The Same Drone And I Will Even Give You A Reward. You Can't Do It! I'm Sure You Can't Make A Toy Car With Cartons And Bottle Covers With Broomsticks.
RUBBISH ! ! STUPID SADISTS angry

Na craze dey worry ur head abi? This thing na toy wey kids dey play with. Just like comparing toy cars operated with batteries with REAL cars. Borrow urself brain!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by kbcs2020: 4:19pm On Feb 09, 2018
[img][/img]

Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by Sagamite(m): 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2018
stephenduru:
Five smart Nigerian electrical electronic engineers from Akwa Ibom State, Jones Joseph Bassey, Ekemini Abner, Ekpo Esua Ekpo, Gabriel Umoh and Faith okon, have completed the designing, fabrication, production and testing of an unmanned aerial vehicle (drone).According to them,it was a daunting task.They failed many times, discouraged because of high cost of components importation and frustrated because most items were not found in Nigerian market.

Nonsense!

Where is the drone?
Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by Willexmania(m): 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2018
Follygunners:

Na craze dey worry ur head abi?
You Are Stupid !
I Smell Illiteracy.....

Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by Bobosneh: 4:27pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nltaliban:

those countries don dey do advance science before there is anything like nigeria. we must learn to learn. kudos to those guys jare atleast dem try

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by Rainmaker69(m): 4:28pm On Feb 09, 2018
@RCDIY has been holding it down right here on NL. No doubt.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by Bobosneh: 4:30pm On Feb 09, 2018
Follygunners:

Na craze dey worry ur head abi? This thing na toy wey kids dey play with. Just like comparing toy cars operated with batteries with REAL cars. Borrow urself brain!
may God bless u jor
Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by luke55720: 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2018
I just dey look all those people wey dey come here dey talk rubbish, this is what kids use to play in there school, this is a toy, bla bla.
which one you don do, nothing just dey talk nonscence.

na all this nonscence talk dey make nigeria talent dey leave this country to go country wey go encourage them. By the way for USA the toys wey ona talk say na children dey make na one na toy drone no be drone. Abeg lets encourage our talent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by LordNapoleon: 4:56pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nltaliban:

And what have you accomplished? Learn to appreciate, the journey of a thousand mile starts with a step

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by Follygunners: 4:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
Willexmania:

You Are Stupid !

I Smell Illiteracy.....

Well done, educated FOOL! grin
Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by deji17: 5:29pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nltaliban:

Apart from running others down with your mouth, what can you make as an individual?

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by cytell56: 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2018
stephenduru:
Five smart Nigerian electrical electronic engineers from Akwa Ibom State, Jones Joseph Bassey, Ekemini Abner, Ekpo Esua Ekpo, Gabriel Umoh and Faith okon, have completed the designing, fabrication, production and testing of an unmanned aerial vehicle (drone).According to them,it was a daunting task.They failed many times, discouraged because of high cost of components importation and frustrated because most items were not found in Nigerian market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71ojnKCEUBg

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/02/5-smart-nigerian-engineers-manufacture.html?m=1

This one nah wetin primary school children dey do for Japan
Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by electropiz(m): 5:38pm On Feb 09, 2018
My alma mater, University of Uyo, I can tell from the buildings around that's faculty of engineering... AKA Perm site
Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by Sinof(m): 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2018
Assemble Or Manufacture, Im Proud Of U Guys. Bleep Haters Akwa Ibom Rocks. Proudly Eyen Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by deji17: 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2018
Sinof:
Assemble Or Manufacture, Im Proud Of U Guys. Bleep Haters Akwa Ibom Rocks. Proudly Eyen Akwa Ibom
Yes o.
Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 09, 2018
stephenduru:

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/02/5-smart-nigerian-engineers-manufacture.html?m=1

There's a huge difference between assembling n manufacturing.
Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
Sunofgod:
Manufacture.....or assemble?
Assemble is more like it cheesy.
Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by shumuel(m): 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2018
stephenduru:

mtcheeeh! I even thought it was something very big, na this toy they made and you call it News angry something secondary school student in Nigeria makes evey Friday, to inclusive grin
Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by shumuel(m): 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
stephenduru:

mtcheeeh! I even thought it was something very big, na this toy they made and you call it News angry something secondary school student in Nigeria makes evey Friday, today inclusive grin
Re: 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) by RCDIY(m): 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
Rainmaker69:
@RCDIY has been holding it down right here on NL. No doubt.
Thank you, bro.

And for those who keep asking questions about 'assemble or manufacture', how are things actually made? I'll challenge you to mention one manufacturers that doesn't have to assemble or couple at some point. Only devices that are classified as simple machines can be wholly manufactured (at least mostly)
There are hardly complex machine or devices that are produced end to end these days.

On the drone...
Well done, guys! Despite tons of videos and materials available online, this project is still a daunting (and expensive) undertaking. There isn't a description of its capabilities. I see a GPS puck and assume it has navigation features.

It would be nice to see upgrades to this basic design like Planned mission capabilities and 3D obstacle avoidance.
With Planned mission, these crafts can be adapted for small to medium agricultural purposes like Pest control (Crops dusting) and farm mapping

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Four Astronauts Make History With Spacex Launch / Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures) / Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.