Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Mourinho Opens Up On Zlatan, Bailly Return, Pogba’s Best Position - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Opens Up On Zlatan, Bailly Return, Pogba’s Best Position (425 Views)

Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance / See Manchester United Star, Ericbailly Comment On Zlatan Last Post On IG / Mourinho Opens Up On Zlatan, Bailly Return, Pogba’s Best Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho Opens Up On Zlatan, Bailly Return, Pogba’s Best Position by solbase10(m): 4:02pm On Feb 09, 2018
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has confirmed that Zlatan Ibrahimovic has returned to training but remains a doubt to feature in the Premier League fixture against Newcastle United on Sunday.

Mourinho whose side are 13 points adrift of leaders Manchester City in the Premier League also ruled out Eric Bailly from his squad for the game.

The former Chelsea manager also insisted he has no problem with Paul Pogba after the French midfielder was dropped from the starting line-up for United’s 2-0 win over Huddersfield.

“Paul had a very professional behaviour,” said Mourinho during his pre-match conference on Friday ahead of the clash at Newcastle.

“The week was not different to what Paul is every week. He works well, he’s a good professional He likes to train. I’ve never had a single problem with him. He likes to train.

“I had a few laughs over the past week because I heard and watched, read a few things, and I’m not English but I think I understand English enough when you want to say box to box.

“But with some comments from some important people in football, I got a little confused. For me box to box means box to box. You have to be good in this box and have to be good in that box.

“It means you have to defend well in this box, the physical condition and desire and stamina to go until the other box. In the other box you have to be good at scoring, creating, heading and so on.

“For me Paul is a midfield player. He’s not a left back, he’s not a striker. When people ask his best position: he’s a midfield player. It depends on the tactical system but he will always be a midfielder.

“Then with so many opinions, and we are in a world of opinions, people can get confused. There is no confusion between me and Paul. It’s difficult to play a midfielder with more potential than Paul.”

Source:https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/mourinho-opens-zlatan-bailly-return-pogbas-best-position/

(1) (Reply)

Mohamed Salah Transfer Value Rises Most In Europe / To All Sport Lover Get Paid For Your Passion / Firmino Reveals A Surprising Name As One Of Premeir League's Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.