Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

What Are The Biggest Career Mistakes To Avoid? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Biggest Career Mistakes To Avoid? (10625 Views)

Biggest Career Opportunity Campaign / You Must Avoid These 6 Career Mistakes In 2019 / My Biggest Career Decision. Pls Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Biggest Career Mistakes To Avoid? by Brightgem(f): 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2018
True. Your boss is also not your friend, you are there to offer a skill/serves for pay, do so and move on no stupid loyalty. Though there will be one or two persons who will make great friends at work, but if it plays out that way, fine! don't look for it.

Keep improving your skills and you don’t have to stay forever in one organisation, you become a wallpaper and your value will diminish, and it doesn't mean u will not be kicked out tomorrow.

Let u growth be constant, and believe you can do what you set out to, believe in urself and the time is now.

Check out my reviews at Naija Screen Vibes.
Re: What Are The Biggest Career Mistakes To Avoid? by Jamaticulus(m): 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2018
Hmmn...Read this few days ago on quora. Excellent write up
Re: What Are The Biggest Career Mistakes To Avoid? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:05am On Feb 11, 2018
jojothaiv:
I will go with point 7 and the "Believe" part!

This is a thoughtful post by the way, thanks OP.

You are welcome. Sharing is caring.
Re: What Are The Biggest Career Mistakes To Avoid? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:07am On Feb 11, 2018
Brightgem:
True. Your boss is also not your friend, you are there to offer a skill/serves for pay, do so and move on no stupid loyalty. Though there will be one or two persons who will make great friends at work, but if it plays out that way, fine! don't look for it.

Keep improving your skills and you don’t have to stay forever in one organisation, you become a wallpaper and your value will diminish, and it doesn't mean u will not be kicked out tomorrow.

Let u growth be constant, and believe you can do what you set out to, believe in urself and the time is now.

Check out my reviews at Naija Screen Vibes.

Believing in oneself can't be over-emphasized.
Re: What Are The Biggest Career Mistakes To Avoid? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:09am On Feb 11, 2018
OboOlora:
Makes sense!

Let me add mine:

Don’t always think you will be favored cos u kiss ur bosses’ asses!
Key point to note. Speaking from an indirect experience.
Re: What Are The Biggest Career Mistakes To Avoid? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:15am On Feb 11, 2018
MegaStarr:

Very well written. I made the mistake on point #2 while working for a multinational petroleum service company. I bailed my colleagues out financially whenever a genuine need arose and my help was sought. The very week I left, the story became different. From then, I place colleagues as JUST colleagues, no personal closeness allowed.
I have a friend who had a similar experience where he worked. Well loved - even by the company's CEO. Something happened which was more around promises not kept my the org. He decided to express his displeasure about this and before you know it he was sent packing. He was shocked that just a few of his colleagues thought it wise to reach out to him to confirm what exactly happened.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Stay In The Engineering Field Or Move To The Finance Sector / I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next / Nurses Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.