Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,456 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Robbers Attack Air Peace Aircraft While Taxiing To Take Off At Lagos Airp - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Robbers Attack Air Peace Aircraft While Taxiing To Take Off At Lagos Airp (50115 Views)

Air Peace Aircraft Tyre Bursts At Ilorin Airport / Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air / Passengers Attack Air Peace Officials For Canceling Their Flight Due To No Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Robbers Attack Air Peace Aircraft While Taxiing To Take Off At Lagos Airp by DisGuy: 1:33am On Feb 11, 2018
a source close to the scene?

How come there's never a single CCTV monitoring these incidents?
So these robbers are driving some really fast cars on the tarmac or they run faster than Usain Bolt?
Re: Robbers Attack Air Peace Aircraft While Taxiing To Take Off At Lagos Airp by manny4life(m): 9:23pm On Feb 12, 2018
Zionista:

You still don't get it. This is not perpetrated by passengers who are already seated but by criminal elements who cross the perimeter fence of the airport and lurk around the runways

No offence bro, but it's either you've not been around an airport or an airplane or simply, the Nigerian system is crass crazy. How can someone sneak through a secured fence, and cross the taxiways/runways to get to an aircraft or as crazy as it sounds, a taxiing aircraft? Like what are you talking about? Do you know the taxi speed of an aircraft and do you know how fast a human can run? Do the math. Maintenance vehicles proceed with caution (and with clearance) when approaching an "ACTIVE" runway, let alone for someone to lurk around it. Please tell that to someone who isn't familiar with aviation. If there's a security breach, if any, airport security needs to investigate thoroughly.

This was my previous response that need answers

Commonplace for an aircraft to be burgled when taxing? Is it taxing on the ramp, taxiway or runway? After they're done, what's the idea? They jump off the plane or seat back tight upon arrival onto their destination. Jumping off isn't an option because of the speed of the aircraft and the height they'd jump from... So I'm a bit lost on how a thief would successfully steal from a taxing aircraft.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) / I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) / Dangote Truck And Bus Collide In Plateau, Many Dead (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.