Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,241 members, 7,860,547 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:24 PM

If I Have More Than Enough Money… - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If I Have More Than Enough Money… (276 Views)

A Prayer For When There's Not Enough Money / Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? / Leke Adeboye Denies Osun Election Comment: 'Na Lie, I Checked If I Was Hacked' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If I Have More Than Enough Money… by Kingdombase(m): 4:06am On Feb 10, 2018
Have you ever considered what you would do, if money never became a problem to you? What would you use your money to achieve or acquire? How would you live your life? How would you treat others? All these questions are relevant to us as Christians as we often brag about how we would have loved to help people who are poor around us but can’t do so now because we do not have enough money.

Is any amount of money ever going to be “enough” for you? Like we all know that the human wants are insatiable. If we have a car, we would be thinking about how to get another car for our wives/parents/children or how to get the latest model of your car as yours is already beginning to look old fashioned, outdated, and doesn’t befit you anymore. If we have a house, we would be thinking about acquiring more landed properties for our children and children’s children. We would want to get the latest mobile gadget because the ones we use presently are old and we have grown tired of it. We would want the best clothes around, our kids must attend the best school around not minding the cost, and we would put in money in this and that.

All these things are very good. As a matter of fact, God wants us to live a very comfortable life. But the thing is; while God is blessing and enriching us, we are supposed to extend that blessings and enrichment to the less privileged around us. We are meant to be a channel of God’s blessings and not a reservoir tank of the blessings. This means that when God blesses us, we are supposed to replicate by blessing someone who desperately needs it not storing up the entire blessings for yourself and your family.

Catch Phrase: “We are meant to be a channel of God’s blessings and not a reservoir tank of the blessings”.

Ask yourself this question: What would I do when I am financially blessed beyond my wildest imaginations? Personalize the question and give an honest answer to it. Would you oppress people with your wealth? Would you show people that ‘you have arrived’? Would you become the loudest and proudest neighbor around? Or would you become a source of hope for people around you?

You can start with the little you have; you don’t have to be a billionaire to be able to help people who are in need. There is the story of the poor widow in the bible who prepared her last meal for Elijah, and because of her act of faith and kindness, her blessings were mouth-watering.

As kingdom ambassador’s, the best kind of investment we can ever make is not real estate, agriculture or oil and gas, but investing in the lives and development of people. Real estate investments are beautiful, oil and gas investments are wonderful, but they do not have spiritual values. Invest more in the lives of people because when we are on our dying beds, we would be surrounded by our loved ones, by people whose lives we have touched in one way or the other. We won’t be surrounded by our cars, buildings, shares, educational and professional certificates and accolades or what have you.

If you know how quickly people forget the dead, you’d stop living to impress but be a force that contributed to the betterment of people and the community at large. What do you want to be remembered for? Do you wish to leave your footprints in the sands of time? Then, start doing what is right.

Our solemn duty as Christians is to spread the kingdom of God upon the earth. God is love, therefore spread love. And one of the best ways to do this is by contributing to the spiritual and physical growth of people. Jesus Christ our ultimate mentor in one of his teaching to the apostle said “whatsoever you do to the least of my brethren, that, you do unto me”. This means that if you do good to men, you’re equally doing good to Jesus Christ and if you do evil unto men and women around you, you’re equally doing it to Jesus.

Having excess money is good, in fact, it is everyone’s desire but your money cannot intercede for you (only people can), your money cannot take you to heaven (your impact on people’s life contributes to that), your money cannot buy you salvation (honest kingdom advancements will), and your money cannot attract more blessings from God the Father (what you do with God’s blessings can). Money can either be the source of your evil, or the source of your joy. It all depends on how you treat it.

Let others see God in you and through you. Let your life be a reflection of Christ. Let God’s name be blessed through your act and God will never forsake you when you call on Him.

Finally, money does not rule us as Christians, we rule money. I know this because after creation of man, God gave us power and dominion over all things. Do not become a slave to what men have created (money). As you begin to advance the kingdom of God through your works, may God in His infinite goodness and faithfulness who sees your secret works and endeavors continue to bless you openly, Amen.

To read more inspirational posts:
www.kingdombase..com

(1) (Reply)

Exposing The Goat Nature In Church (3) [1 John 2:3-6] / How Can I Know If Something Is A Sin? / Where Are We Going? .....billy Graham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.