Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos (31047 Views)

Nurse Set To Divorce Her Husband For Wanting To Pursue The Same Career As Hers / How Can I Do Away With My Wife? ( Correct Or Divorce Her) / I Would Divorce Her- My Wife Is Callous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Tetragramaton(m): 1:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

If he has never had any cause to check his genotype over the years, he might actually not know what it is. Many people in Nigeria do not even bother to find out their blood group! shocked I had to educate people who were filling out their drivers' license forms on the dangers of writing the wrong blood group in their forms.

That's the excuse he gave that the last time he did it he was very young and he was aa. So he is also surprised that he is as because he believed both his parents were aa. When the thing turn to wahala and they had to involve both parents. The boys parents said they were aa and that perhaps there was a mistake. The parents did their genotype in the 80s so they were sure something was wrong somewhere. So they decided to do it again and later found out that the boys father is indeed as, his mum aa, all his siblings are aa while only him is as. They concluded that it was a wrong diagnosis in the first place. I'm wondering how many people go through this kind of wrong diagnosis in Nigeria with genotype and other kinds of illnesses.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Sterope(f): 1:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
Have you ever witnessed a crisis?
ubunja:

keep supporting women in their shallow persuits and see how far that will get you. you think from Eden people have been making babies by testing each other's genotype? you think anyone normal even today does that nonsense..smh
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by ubunja(m): 1:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
trustyshoess:

How's it shallow to want to avoid bringing sick children into an already difficult world?
so your own parents went for genotype tests? and are you sick? did your grandparents go for genotype testing? were your parents sick? get out of here you shallow thing
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

Like what exactly?
why the interrogation? are you a General practioner? (Doctor) sad
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by PastorAji(m): 1:20pm On Feb 10, 2018
rxmusa:
Faithfulness and Sincerity are vital ingredients for long term sustainable relationship.

Meanwhile some patriotic Nigerians are defining ineptitude of Buhari's administration
An inept govt paid govt workers salary arrears from 2011-2016.

An inept govt will is paying pensioners from 1980 and given pensioners the best treatment never given through PTAD.

An inept govt has completed Abuja metro line.

An inept govt started Mambilla Hydropower project of 3050mw 40years after.

An inept govt is improving on power generation and transmission from less than 3000mw in 2015 to over 7000mw 2years after.

An inept govt will commission itakpe-warri-ajaokuta standard gauge rail line abandoned since 1987.

An inept govt has reduced out of school pupils from 10.5m to 8.6m in two years according UNICEF and UNESCO.

An inept govt is feeding over 5m pupils every school day in 19 states.

An inept govt is increasing saving in Excess Crude Account and increased foreign reserves to $40b from $29b inherited.

An inept govt moved 24 steps in World Bank ease of doing business global ranking.

An inept govt bailed out all states (whether it is PDP or APC) with 2trillion to be able to pay workers and run.

An inept govt is rolled back Boko Haram.

An inept govt reduced monthly import bill from $5b to $1.5b.

An inept govt increased Agro export by 150per cent in 2017.

Under an inept govt revenue generating agencies are posting record revenues to federation account e.g FIRS, Customs, NIMASA.

An inept govt is embarking on ambitious national rail network projects and roads.

So the govts that were not inept what did they do?

What did previous govt do that this 'inept' govt now turned bad. Previous govt left First World class network of roads and pipelines?

Did they leave working refineries and downstream infrastructure like depots etc and this inept govt destroyed them in two years or more?

I forgot to write earlier that this inept govt has reopened fertiliser blending plants of about 15 moribound out of over 30 nationwide.

The inept govt too is reopening national oil pipelines and depots abandoned.

are u related to alagba Sarrki? The chief

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 10, 2018
dhabrite:

Chief you don't have credible evidence to back your claims. I guess you have been fooled all this while. All these are just speculations. Its so simple. Its called cross breeding. When you get Nzeogwu parents data, quote me again.

1. I own a copy of Peter Nzeogwu's biography of his much elder brother...and in it, he specifically blames sickle cell disease for the death of three of his siblings.

So, not exactly lying.

You can buy the book on Amazon...
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by ubunja(m): 1:22pm On Feb 10, 2018
Sterope:
Have you ever witnessed a crisis?
oh please not another useless mention....
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by LaudableXX: 1:22pm On Feb 10, 2018
gypsey:
look! any child can get ill regardless sickler or not, besides i didn't read were it was mentioned that a proffessional or A doctor confirmed that the child will be a sickler.
what's the guarantee that children who aren't sicklers will not suffer, she is just been unnecerssarily hysterical and paranoid.

Yes, she is being paranoid, but if you have ever seen an SS patient going through a crisis or suffering pain, then you would never trivalise such an issue, like you have been doing so far. Like I said earlier - educate yourself! The stress, pain and suffering SS children go through, is nothing to be sniffed at. And it could have been avoided, if their parents had checked out their genotype and avoided getting involved. Sicklers aren't just born by accident, their parents make them one.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Gangster1ms: 1:25pm On Feb 10, 2018
gypsey:
how did she came to the conclusions that the child will suffer? has a doctor confirmed that the child will suffer? she is just been unneccerssarily paraniod, besides any child can get ill regardless of what genotype they are.
our parenst gave birth to us without comparing genotype i am still here healthy appart from the ussual fever, cold and Flu after 30 years.
It's better not to take chance with these things... are u ss? Do u know what they go through?
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by LaudableXX: 1:25pm On Feb 10, 2018
gypsey:
why the interrogation? are you a General practioner? (Doctor) sad
You are trivalising the issue of sickle cell, which was why I asked that question. undecided Bringing a sickle cell child into the world can be avoided, if only their parents did genotype testing before getting married and conceiving them. Being a sickle cell sufferer is a world of pain, constant hospital visits and lots of money spent on medication, support and blood transfusions. You have no idea what it entails. So stop trivalising the issue of sickle cell.
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by naijafox(m): 1:26pm On Feb 10, 2018
dhabrite:

There is one in four chance that the couple would give birth to a sickle celled child.

that one could be the first

nowadays there is advancement in medicine, even in hospital now, when they check the pregnancy and see that that baby is free of sickle cell, then the pregnancy can go on, but if not it would be taken care off
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2018
ubunja:

so your own parents went for genotype tests? and are you sick? did your grandparents go for genotype testing? were your parents sick? get out of here you shallow thing
It's ignorance in things such as this that leads to people having children who are extremely ill or die early and are labelled "ogbanje". Smh
Yes my parents went for genotype testing before marriage, to know whether or not it was safe to have kids together. Why make a child suffer when you can avoid it? My grandmother (My mother's mum) didn't do genotype testing with her first husband and guess what? Her first 8 children died either at birth or a few years after. It was after her 9th child (my aunt) fell ill at a young age that her and her husband were found to be both AS genotype, so most, if not all of the kids who died might have been SS.
Even when SS children survive, they live their lives in pain and constant fear as anything can happen at anytime. Avoiding this by having kids with someone who has complementary genotype is not shallow. It's wise

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by BIXYBABE: 1:34pm On Feb 10, 2018
No Comment
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by naijafox(m): 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2018
gypsey:
what the hell is a genotype? eh? our parents got married 40 years ago and some parents got married 60/ 50 years ago without comparing genotypes and still managed to give birth to beautiful, strong and healthy children like we.

Genotype my butt! grin

Bros, those abiku that u normally hear those days (that means children that come and go) ,don't you know some of them might have been SS, bros Sickle cell is bad, they can go anytime

our mothers those days suffered alot, cos of ignorance they might AS and marry their AS husband too, then they start giving birth to some SS children that normally dies later,

those women will be termed witches and children Ogbanje, then the few lucky ones that lived on will be as result of their gods interference not knowing there were AS or AA

please know your genotype
when you are ready to be in a serious relationship that might lead to marriage, always know your partner genotype

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by ubunja(m): 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2018
trustyshoess:

It's ignorance in things such as this that leads to people having children who are extremely ill or die early and are labelled "ogbanje". Smh
Yes my parents went for genotype testing before marriage, to know whether or not it was safe to have kids together. Why make a child suffer when you can avoid it? My grandmother (My mother's mum) didn't do genotype testing with her first husband and guess what? Her first 8 children died either at birth or a few years after. It was after her 9th child (my aunt) fell ill at a young age that her and her husband were found to be both AS genotype, so most, if not all of the kids who died might have been SS.
Even when SS children survive, they live their lives in pain and constant fear as anything can happen at anytime. Avoiding this by having kids with someone who has complementary genotype is not shallow. It's wise
shut up your mouth. long ago healthcare was shiity and many babies died young. now healthcare has improved and people arent dying as much, the same reason why people are living longer and the world is overpopulated. it has nothing to do about genotypes. NOTHING!!!!!
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

You are trivalising the issue of sickle cell, which was why I asked that question. undecided Bringing a sickle cell child into the world can be avoided, if only their parents did genotype testing before getting married and conceiving them. Being a sickle cell sufferer is a world of pain, constant hospital visits and lots of money spent on medication, support and blood transfusions. You have no idea what it entails. So stop trivalising the issue of sickle cell.
yes! perhaps, what about parents with a down syndromes child should down syndrome children not be brought into the world?

Again as i ve mentioned this Article didn't confirm if the unborn child has been confirmed by a Doctor to be at risks of turning out a sickler, the pregnant woman is been paranoid based on Assumptions.

i am not in dispute of your explainations, besides any child can get ill regardless of sickle cell or not, some children have been born with cancerous illnesses even though their parents have taken all nerccerssary precautions.

i am bipolar! if you still wants to know and it's hard living with bipolar.
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by LaudableXX: 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2018
gypsey:
yes! perhaps, what about parents with a down syndromes child should down syndrome children not be brought into the world?

Again as i ve mentioned this Article didn't confirm if the unborn child has been confirmed by a Doctor to be at risks of turning out a sickler, the pregnant woman is been paranoid based on Assumptions.

i am not in dispute of your explainations, besides any child can get ill regardless of sckle cell or not, some children have been born with cancerous illnesses even though their parents have taken all nerccerssary precautions.
I am sure that if it were possible to do genotype testing to avoid bringing a child with Down's syndrome into the world, many people would do it.

But for Sickle-cell, a simple, inexpensive genotype test exists, that prospective parents can take, to avoid bringing SS children into the world. That is why in this day and age, it is sad if parents still go ahead deliberately to have SS kids, when they could have avoided it.

If you are bi-polar it would explain why you have been giving such strange responses on this thread. Please take your medications. Accept my sympathy on your condition.
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 10, 2018
pocohantas:
Hmmm, I didn't know men tell lies too to get a wife. I thought we are the only ones scared of menopause and loneliness lipsrsealed

Didn't they do those [compulsory] medical tests before [church] marriage?

Anyway,her reason for wanting this divorce is very sensible.
For the sake of her unborn kids.

Where is the sense in what you just said undecided
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by LaudableXX: 1:49pm On Feb 10, 2018
ubunja:

shut up your mouth. long ago healthcare was shiity and many babies died young. now healthcare has improved and people arent dying as much, the same reason why people are living longer and the world is overpopulated. it has nothing to do about genotypes. NOTHING!!!!!
She was referring specifically to sickle-cell children, and not to the world in general. Healthcare has improved now, but it has not prevented some sickle cell children from going through crises, and dying young.
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 10, 2018
ubunja:

Many babies died for "unknown reasons ". Health care has improved because we now know why many kids were dying and are able to avoid it.
Dude, you're ignorant so I'm not gonna waste my time talking to you anymore.
Pls do test before you go about bringing sick kids into the world

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 10, 2018
naijafox:

Bros, those abiku that u normally hear those days (that means children that come and go) ,don't you know some of them might have been SS, bros Sickle cell is bad, they can go anytime

our mothers those days suffered alot, cos of ignorance they might AS and marry their AS husband too, then they start giving birth to some SS children that normally dies later,

those women will be termed witches and children Ogbanje, then the few lucky ones that lived on will be as result of their gods interference not knowing there were AS or AA

please know your genotype
when you are ready to be in a serious relationship that might lead to marriage, always know your partner genotype

you have made a lot of sense, i have 2 children already and i didn't compare genotypes with their mothers and they are both fine. appart from the ussual cold, flu and fever. however i am swayed towards Agreeing with your explainations. grin you have made a splendid point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by naijafox(m): 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2018
trustyshoess:

very true, I just wonder the pain you grand mother must have went through. society would have label her witch, that she was eating her children not knowing it was SS as a result of ignorance

if you watch the American documentary and history, the blacks were labelled with sickle cell anemia and early child birth cos they don't get married, they just impregnate

my dad married 2 women before he met my mom, the women both gave birth and the children died, society called the women names and drove them out, he then married my mom in the 1990's with out any prior hospital test, normal traditional marriage

unknown to him, he is AS, and my mom is AA, that's y we the children are alive and healthy

what if my mom was AS too

another story for load, know your genotype, forget love
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by ubunja(m): 1:57pm On Feb 10, 2018
trustyshoess:

Many babies died for "unknown reasons ". Health care has improved because we now know why many kids were dying and are able to avoid it.
Dude, you're ignorant so I'm not gonna waste my time talking to you anymore.
Pls do test before you go about bringing sick kids into the world
bullshiit straight out of a bull mouth. long ago most people never reached 40 yrs. take that genotype rubbish and eat it
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by naijafox(m): 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2018
ubunja:

Bros the only thing I can tell u is, pray make your children or your relative or your enemy or anybody u know shoudl not be SS,

crises nor be beans o
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by naijafox(m): 2:01pm On Feb 10, 2018
gypsey:

i am not in dispute of your explainations, besides any child can get ill regardless of sickle cell or not, some children have been born with cancerous illnesses even though their parents have taken all nerccerssary precautions.

i am bipolar! if you still wants to know and it's hard living with bipolar.

Yea, u are very right, the woman should just wait and do test when the pregnancy is 3 months to know if the baby is free of sickle cell, before she takes any other action
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by ubunja(m): 2:02pm On Feb 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

She was referring specifically to sickle-cell children, and not to the world in general. Healthcare has improved now, but it has not prevented some sickle cell children from going through crises, and dying young.
oh please !!!old time people were stronger than the weakling crybabies i see today.its funny coz before this genotype nonsense babies were stronger. now with all the healthcare babies are weak as jelly.look at any old time photo and see just how strong humans used to be. this genotype rubbish will get you acting like iidiots
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

I am sure that if it were possible to do genotype testing to avoid bringing a child with Down's syndrome into the world, many people would do it.

But for Sickle-cell, a simple, inexpensive genotype test exists, that prospective parents can take, to avoid bringing SS children into the world. That is why in this day and age, it is sad if parents still go ahead deliberately to have SS kids, when they could have avoided it.

If you are bi-polar it would explain why you have been giving such strange responses on this thread. Please take your medications. Accept my sympathy on your condition.
there are tests Available to determine if a child is down syndrome or not here in England, problem is it's not Always Accurate, before my son was born the doctors suggested the tests to which we declined, the doctor was %90 sure that my son would be down symdrome, but he was wrong! the child is now 5 years old good looking boy just like his father grin**jokes** this is also one of my reasons of not taking the genotype issues Too serious.

thanks! i am Always on meds. it can be difficult but i have no choice.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by LaudableXX: 2:04pm On Feb 10, 2018
ubunja:

oh please !!!old time people were stronger than the weakling crybabies i see today.its funny coz before this genotype nonsense babies were stronger. now with all the healthcare babies are weak as jelly.look at any old time photo and see just how strong humans used to be. this genotype rubbish will get you acting like iidiots
OK, may you give birth to an SS child, so that you will understand what people are talking about. Say Amen!
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 10, 2018
naijafox:

Yea, u are very right, the woman should just wait and do test when the pregnancy is 3 months to know if the baby is free of sickle cell, before she takes any other action
precisely my point. No need for her to be hysterical, paranoid and threatning Divorce if it has not been confirmed that the unborn child will suffer.
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by naijafox(m): 2:09pm On Feb 10, 2018
But the funny irony of life is that, if you are a AA, u tend to always meet and date people that are AA but if you are AS, you will always � � jam AS people

life nor fair but baba God Abeg bleach my own

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

OK, may you give birth to an SS child, so that you will understand what people are talking about. Say Amen!
come on! don't be Ridiculous! grin saying Amen will not determine the birth of a sickle cell child.

people have been told that they will die and they are still Alive grin i am sure you are more Educated that that from your comments on this topic.
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by LaudableXX: 2:12pm On Feb 10, 2018
gypsey:
come on! don't be Ridiculous! grin saying Amen will not determine the birth of a sickle cell child.

people have been told that they will die and they are still Alive grin
So why are you afraid of saying Amen?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes / My Wife Demands For Lab Test Most Times When One Is Not Cheating / Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.