Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning (2947 Views)

Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate / Give Us RUGA : Students Of Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto(UDUS) Stage Protest / Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Before Amalgamation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by sinkhole: 11:19am On Feb 10, 2018
Fani-Kayode to Fulani prof. : Yoruba were in world’s best universities when Usman dan fodio was still learning to ride a horse –Femi Fani-Kayode

The professor said that the Fulani people were educated before others in Nigeria and had manuscripts dating as far back as 300 to 500 years. What do you think about that?

The truth is that the opposite is the case. They are the ones that knew nothing whilst others were far ahead of them and well advanced in matters of civilisation and governance. He is wrong and we must set the record straight so that the younger generations are not misled. The Caliphate has only existed for about 220 years and before then, the Fulani were barely educated, they were nothing and they knew nothing.
In terms of qualifications and education, they are very far down the line when compared to the numerous ethnic nationalities that make up Nigeria. As painful as it may be, this is the bitter truth.

What do you think about their leadership qualities?

There is something very interesting that Napoleon Bonaparte once said about the British cavalry. I believe it was at the Battle of Waterloo. He said that the British had the best cavalry in Europe but that it was the worst led. This describes the Fulani very well. They are a wonderful people who are courageous in battle, fearless and disciplined. They are also deeply loyal to their friends and bitterly ruthless and ferocious with their enemies, never forgetting a favour or a slight. Sadly, their traditional institutions and political leadership encourage and sustain a feudal system, which frowns on education for the ordinary people and keeps them in darkness and bondage. Worse still, they have a rigid class system which does not serve them well.

That is why the great Hausa leader from Kano, Mallam Aminu Kano, once said that until all the Fulani Emirs were removed, the ordinary people and masses would remain in servitude and would not be truly free. That is what the Fulani leaders have done to their own working class people. They would rather have them herding cows or walking the streets as almajiris and begging for alms and food than lead them into a place of enlightenment, liberty and prosperity and I think that is a failure on their part. If you cannot lead your own people right and you insist on keeping them in bondage and ignorance, how can you then possibly lay claim to leading others? Outside of that though; I must add this and it is very important. When it comes to furthering and protecting a collective tribal interest or championing the cause and interest of their own ethnic group, there is no tribe that is better at that than the Fulani. And this applies to both their rich and their poor. They are focused, courageous, patient, disciplined, tough, resilient, ruthless and able to take pain without betraying any emotion, all because they think far ahead and they know what they wish to achieve for the greater good of their tribe and kinsmen.

However, when it comes to furthering or protecting the national interest; in my view, they are the weakest and the worst, simply because, generally speaking, they see themselves as overlords and masters of everyone else and this breeds hatred and resentment.

Most of them actually believe that Nigeria was created for their benefit alone and that the country and its people are essentially their footstool. Labdo’s words actually betray the thoughts of most of them, though they would never say it publicly.

They conquer not just by force of arms but by guile, deceit and assimilation. History proves that, particularly the way they conquered Gobir and Ilorin. And of course, President Muhammadu Buhari’s actions and style of governance over the last three years, which is basically Fulani and Muslims first in everything and to hell with everyone else, proves that.

I am very reluctant to judge a whole race of people based on the failings of their present and past leaders but generally speaking, I am not impressed by their leadership abilities because it is always more about promoting a tribal and ethnic interest rather than a national interest. They always pretend otherwise, but that is the reality. Actions speak louder than words. I know the history of our country well and sadly, that has always been their trait and style whenever the Fulani are in power.

To them, everything is about conquest and domination. And it is not just ethnic but also religious and that makes it even more dangerous. Worse still is the fact that they never allow their most civilised and liberal or their brightest and best to get to the top.

They fight and attempt to destroy people like Abubakar Dangiwa Umar, Sambo Dasuki, Kabiru Turaki (SAN), Sule Lamido, Ahmed Makarfi, Abubakar Atiku, Shehu Sani, Rabiu Kwankwaso, Aliyu Gusau, Mohammed Dankwambo, Aminu Tambuwal, and others for being too liberal and for accommodating other tribes and faiths, whilst they encourage and promote those that kill Shiite Muslims and Christians in their states and that attempt to justify and rationalise the barbaric genocide and unconscionable ethnic cleansing of the Fulani terrorists and herdsmen. I will not mention names but you know who I mean.

They prefer the ultra-conservative feudalists, the ethnic supremacists, the religious bigots, the diehard hegemonists and the radical hardliners amongst them to lead.

In terms of former Presidents of Fulani extraction, the one I can say that I have the most respect and affection for is Shehu Shagari, who, in my view, is a good man.

He was a gentle and moderate leader that did not let power go to his head, that was fair to all ethnic nationalities and had no ethnic agenda.

There are many Fulani that would make good leaders but those that have the mindset of total domination of other ethnic groups hardly ever allow those ones to emerge because they know that they will serve a national interest rather than a narrow tribal or religious one. This is my view about Fulani leadership.

More here: http://reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/5918-fani-kayode-to-fulani-prof-yoruba-were-in-world-s-best-universities-when-usman-dan-fodio-was-still-learning-to-ride-a-horse-femi-fani-kayode

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by Nwodosis(m): 11:22am On Feb 10, 2018
shocked
Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by MDsambo: 11:40am On Feb 10, 2018
When the colonial masters arrived at what is now known as Nigeria their are morethan 150 Arabic school in the North while the southerners were still living in the jungle covering their private parts with leaves and eating their dead ones.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by Stingman: 12:12pm On Feb 10, 2018
MDsambo:
When the colonial masters arrived at what is now known as Nigeria their are morethan 150 Arabic school in the North while the southerners were still living in the jungle covering their private parts with leaves and eating their dead ones.

You lie.

I know a place in Niger state where people still wear leaves as clothes...till today..

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 10, 2018
Back to Daura

sinkhole:
Fani-Kayode to Fulani prof. : Yoruba were in world’s best universities when Usman dan fodio was still learning to ride a horse –Femi Fani-Kayode

The professor said that the Fulani people were educated before others in Nigeria and had manuscripts dating as far back as 300 to 500 years. What do you think about that?

The truth is that the opposite is the case. They are the ones that knew nothing whilst others were far ahead of them and well advanced in matters of civilisation and governance. He is wrong and we must set the record straight so that the younger generations are not misled. The Caliphate has only existed for about 220 years and before then, the Fulani were barely educated, they were nothing and they knew nothing.
In terms of qualifications and education, they are very far down the line when compared to the numerous ethnic nationalities that make up Nigeria. As painful as it may be, this is the bitter truth.

There is something very interesting that Napoleon Bonaparte once said about the British cavalry. I believe it was at the Battle of Waterloo. He said that the British had the best cavalry in Europe but that it was the worst led. This describes the Fulani very well. They are a wonderful people who are courageous in battle, fearless and disciplined. They are also deeply loyal to their friends and bitterly ruthless and ferocious with their enemies, never forgetting a favour or a slight. Sadly, their traditional institutions and political leadership encourage and sustain a feudal system, which frowns on education for the ordinary people and keeps them in darkness and bondage. Worse still, they have a rigid class system which does not serve them well.

That is why the great Hausa leader from Kano, Mallam Aminu Kano, once said that until all the Fulani Emirs were removed, the ordinary people and masses would remain in servitude and would not be truly free. That is what the Fulani leaders have done to their own working class people. They would rather have them herding cows or walking the streets as almajiris and begging for alms and food than lead them into a place of enlightenment, liberty and prosperity and I think that is a failure on their part. If you cannot lead your own people right and you insist on keeping them in bondage and ignorance, how can you then possibly lay claim to leading others? Outside of that though; I must add this and it is very important. When it comes to furthering and protecting a collective tribal interest or championing the cause and interest of their own ethnic group, there is no tribe that is better at that than the Fulani. And this applies to both their rich and their poor. They are focused, courageous, patient, disciplined, tough, resilient, ruthless and able to take pain without betraying any emotion, all because they think far ahead and they know what they wish to achieve for the greater good of their tribe and kinsmen.

However, when it comes to furthering or protecting the national interest; in my view, they are the weakest and the worst, simply because, generally speaking, they see themselves as overlords and masters of everyone else and this breeds hatred and resentment.

Most of them actually believe that Nigeria was created for their benefit alone and that the country and its people are essentially their footstool. Labdo’s words actually betray the thoughts of most of them, though they would never say it publicly.

They conquer not just by force of arms but by guile, deceit and assimilation. History proves that, particularly the way they conquered Gobir and Ilorin. And of course, President Muhammadu Buhari’s actions and style of governance over the last three years, which is basically Fulani and Muslims first in everything and to hell with everyone else, proves that.

I am very reluctant to judge a whole race of people based on the failings of their present and past leaders but generally speaking, I am not impressed by their leadership abilities because it is always more about promoting a tribal and ethnic interest rather than a national interest. They always pretend otherwise, but that is the reality. Actions speak louder than words. I know the history of our country well and sadly, that has always been their trait and style whenever the Fulani are in power.

To them, everything is about conquest and domination. And it is not just ethnic but also religious and that makes it even more dangerous. Worse still is the fact that they never allow their most civilised and liberal or their brightest and best to get to the top.

They fight and attempt to destroy people like Abubakar Dangiwa Umar, Sambo Dasuki, Kabiru Turaki (SAN), Sule Lamido, Ahmed Makarfi, Abubakar Atiku, Shehu Sani, Rabiu Kwankwaso, Aliyu Gusau, Mohammed Dankwambo, Aminu Tambuwal, and others for being too liberal and for accommodating other tribes and faiths, whilst they encourage and promote those that kill Shiite Muslims and Christians in their states and that attempt to justify and rationalise the barbaric genocide and unconscionable ethnic cleansing of the Fulani terrorists and herdsmen. I will not mention names but you know who I mean.

They prefer the ultra-conservative feudalists, the ethnic supremacists, the religious bigots, the diehard hegemonists and the radical hardliners amongst them to lead.

In terms of former Presidents of Fulani extraction, the one I can say that I have the most respect and affection for is Shehu Shagari, who, in my view, is a good man.

He was a gentle and moderate leader that did not let power go to his head, that was fair to all ethnic nationalities and had no ethnic agenda.

There are many Fulani that would make good leaders but those that have the mindset of total domination of other ethnic groups hardly ever allow those ones to emerge because they know that they will serve a national interest rather than a narrow tribal or religious one. This is my view about Fulani leadership.

More here: http://reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/5918-fani-kayode-to-fulani-prof-yoruba-were-in-world-s-best-universities-when-usman-dan-fodio-was-still-learning-to-ride-a-horse-femi-fani-kayode

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by MDsambo: 12:18pm On Feb 10, 2018
Stingman:

You lie.

I know a place in Niger state where people still wear leaves as clothes...till today..

As at 1851 Kano was producing 10Million sandals annually and exporting 5 Million, where were your ancestors at that time? In the jungle chasing apes I guess.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by Emycord: 12:29pm On Feb 10, 2018
I WAITING FOR sarrki to show up here and finish himself here the fight is not on igbo or its about his aclaimed yoruba tribe and his fulani lords. if he agrees with yoruba historics then he is a fulani slave otherwise he is fulani by tribe oya sarrki yaki we are waiting for you here. come and tell us how bushman don fodder (aka dan fodio) is more educated than awolowo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by LaudableXX: 12:45pm On Feb 10, 2018
MDsambo:
As at 1851 Kano was producing 10Million sandals annually and exporting 5 Million, where were your ancestors at that time? In the jungle chasing apes I guess.
I get am before, no be property. sad As at today, in the year 2018, how developed is Kano and its Fulani citizens, compared to other states like Lagos, Rivers and FCT? What is the population of Fulanis that have acquired Western education, and how developed are their people, communities and settlements? What progress have the Fulanis as a whole made over the years in Northern Nigeria, apart from having just a handful of their people in positions of power?

What impact and development have such people given to their Fulani population at large? How many Fulani have access to good schools, healthcare and sustainable income? 10%, 20% or 50%? Those are the questions you need to ask yourself. And those are the problems, your people need to solve. Stop forming Voltron in cyberspace. Oh, sorry...you probably do not know the meaning of Voltron! undecided

14 Likes

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by Stingman: 12:55pm On Feb 10, 2018
MDsambo:

"...The British treasury initially supported the landlocked Northern Nigeria Protectorate with grants, totaling £250,000 or more each year.[61] Its revenue quickly increased, from £4,424 in 1901 to £274,989 in 1910. The Southern Protectorate financed itself from the outset, with revenue increasing from £361,815 to £1,933,235 over the same period..." Wiki

...years later...when Britain came to save you from starvation...what were your ancestors doing...loving cows I guess...

12 Likes

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by lastmessenger: 12:58pm On Feb 10, 2018
MDsambo:

And fast forward 2018 where are the sandals and Arab schools you claim to have ahead of others. And how has your Arab school helped the ordinary man and woman of the Fulani and Hausa extract. Why are you all still insisting in wondering up and down with cows when the majority now keep the cows in a ranch.with your education how come bokoharam is revaging the whole of the Northeast? What is really wrong with the Fulani people that made the majority of the poor people of Nigeria to come from that part of the country?

I keep telling people that, the Fulani emirate is a fraudulent system designed only to benefit the few elites ones. You encourage your poor ones to marry four wives and sleep with destitute women in the street only with one thing in mind ie to bear more destitute children and use them as a Willing tool to gain political positions. While the elites enjoy the best things of life,sending their children to school abroad to learn and come back to take over political position, the almajaris are in the street beggng for alms and breeding more children killing for any slightest provocation and the circle continues.The Fulani political class are the most evil set of people on earth. The south will get free of these savages one day. Sooner or later it will happen.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by MDsambo: 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2018
Stingman:

"...The British treasury initially supported the landlocked Northern Nigeria Protectorate with grants, totaling £250,000 or more each year.[61] Its revenue quickly increased, from £4,424 in 1901 to £274,989 in 1910. The Southern Protectorate financed itself from the outset, with revenue increasing from £361,815 to £1,933,235 over the same period..." Wiki

...years later...when Britain came to save you from starvation...what were your ancestors doing...loving cows I guess...

Where did you get your statics from?

FYI, one of the oldest market in Kano is dated back 600yrs ago. Northerners are farmers, traders etc since day 1. During the pre colonial era, your ancestor were living in the jungle going around naked with no means of transportation. You should thank God for the colonial rulers for they're the ones that show you the light of civlization, that's why you guys hav no cultural heritage you're totally westernize.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by madridguy(m): 1:17pm On Feb 10, 2018
Following....
Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by 2cato: 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ogogoro gist as usual
Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by obaaderemi: 2:04pm On Feb 10, 2018
MDsambo:

FYI, one of the oldest market in Kano is dated back 600yrs ago. Northerners are farmers, traders etc since day 1. During the pre colonial era, your ancestor were living in the jungle going around naked with no means of transportation. You should thank God for the colonial rulers for they're the ones that show you the light of civlization, that's why you guys hav no cultural heritage you're totally westernize.
Your so-called cultural heritage has led to nothing but disgrace and widespread poverty in the north. That iboman you feel you are insulting had ancestors who engendered in them the seed for progress. I blame only the southerners who have allowed their tribal bickering to let political power to be in the hands of the illiterate north. But then,what has the north been able to do with their political power? Starvation, poverty,disease and illiteracy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by Lifestone(m): 2:35pm On Feb 10, 2018
MDsambo:
A very poor knowledge of History. When was Benin Kingdom, the Oyo Empire was an era of 1600 to 1836 ! with a very strong system of government that gave room for check and balances instead of the feudalism as it is practice in the north.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by furrr(m): 2:35pm On Feb 10, 2018
lastmessenger:
And fast forward 2018 where are the sandals and Arab schools you claim to have ahead of others. And how has your Arab school helped the ordinary man and woman of the Fulani and Hausa extract. Why are you all still insisting in wondering up and down with cows when the majority now keep the cows in a ranch.with your education how come bokoharam is revaging the whole of the Northeast? What is really wrong with the Fulani people that made the majority of the poor people of Nigeria to come from that part of the country?

I keep telling people that, the Fulani emirate is a fraudulent system designed only to benefit the few elites ones. You encourage your poor ones to marry four wives and sleep with destitute women in the street only with one thing in mind ie to bear more destitute children and use them as a Willing tool to gain political positions. While the elites enjoy the best things of life,sending their children to school abroad to learn and come back to take over political position, the almajaris are in the street beggng for alms and breeding more children killing for any slightest provocation and the circle continues.The Fulani political class are the most evil set of people on earth. The south will get free of these savages one day. Sooner or later it will happen.

Why can't nairanlanders stick to the topic at hand ..... the op was clearly trying very hard to distort history and people are simply refuting obvious lies .... if you want to talk about development in 2018 open another thread and we will gladly contribute...

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by furrr(m): 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2018
Lifestone:

A very poor knowledge of History. When was Benin Kingdom, the Oyo Empire was an era of 1600 to 1836 ! with a very strong system of government that gave room for check and balances instead of the feudalism as it is practice in the north.

Granted oyo and the Benin empire are old, although not as old and as big as the mentioned hausa\fulani empire ....
But my guy don't talk about government structure....
And fyi when the colonialist came virtually all southern states where under direct rule whereas the Hausa kingdoms where under indirect rule . This is because the fulani kingdoms have the equivalent of virtually all modern government positions and hence the imdirect rule...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by OneCorner: 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2018
MDsambo:
Mumu...
Arabic house na school?
Well na skul, cause na dere dem dey teach how to carry bomb and say 72 Virgins dey heaven cool

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by Caseless: 3:22pm On Feb 10, 2018
Femi is always senseless.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by OKUCHI11(m): 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2018
I just comment because I son learn something...
Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by OKUCHI11(m): 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2018
I just comment because I don learn something...
Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by NASTYNASOSO: 4:04pm On Feb 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

I get am before, no be property. sad As at today, in the year 2018, how developed is Kano and its Fulani citizens, compared to other states like Lagos, Rivers and FCT? What is the population of Fulanis that have acquired Western education, and how developed are their people, communities and settlements? What progress have the Fulanis as a whole made over the years in Northern Nigeria, apart from having just a handful of their people in positions of power?

What impact and development have such people given to their Fulani population at large? How many Fulani have access to good schools, healthcare and sustainable income? 10%, 20% or 50%? Those are the questions you need to ask yourself. And those are the problems, your people need to solve. Stop forming Voltron in cyberspace. Oh, sorry...you probably do not know the meaning of Voltron! undecided

HMMMMMMM

WHAT MANNER OF STUPIDITY.
WHAT IS YOUR BASIS IF COMPARING KANO WITH RIVERS, LAGOS AND FTC .BESIDES FTC IS STILL FULANI LAND.
ASK YOURSELF AGAIN IS RIVERS DEVELOPED.
YOUR STUPIDITY AMAZES ME, WHO TOLD YOU EDUCATION IS ALL ABOUT WESTERN LEARNING.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by kayfra: 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2018
MDsambo:

Yet, with all that claimed head start, the North has the highest concentration of poverty in the world and by far the lowest literacy rates in the country and probably the entire world.

Abandon your feudal society and embrace 2018.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by orisa37: 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2018
O Yes. Fulani Herdsmen now sets up Bokoharam to destroy Western Education and Civilization in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by banku: 4:30pm On Feb 10, 2018
Please let us take this opportunity to educate one another. I am not a great fan of Fani-Kayode but that is beside the point. He made a bold claim he could not or probably did not back up very well.

In the same vein the Sambo guy that was trying to glorify the Fulani is a thief of Hausa culture and well documented literacy. Hausa were rulers of old West African Empires.

Before those Empires were African Empires or Kingdoms in the Southern part of West Africa from Senegal to Cameroon not to mention East Africa.

The civilizations in charge of gold in Southern West Africa were neither Fulani, Arabs or Europeans. If anything, the Morocco invaders killed the last West African Empire partly ruled by Hausa and Kanuri - Kanem Bornu.

Many people claimed Ife did not have an Army. So were the kings and queens around the world. What they had were Balogun(s) and Generals that protected and guided them jealously. Otherwise their civilization could have perished. Well, to some extent some of these perished.

The problem the Yoruba have today is a fight between who is superior - the General or the King. While it is true that Generals have to lead battles like a King or a King like the Generals, kings and queens leave it to their appointed generals.

The Igbo culture gave us a good example of of a republican culture that placed less emphasis on kings and queen but existed separately as independents ruled by representations. (Wonder what became of one of the best democracies in the world?)

Take a look at University of Timbuktu, Oyo cabinet system, Queen Amina, Igbo Ukwu, Benin Kingdom and King Shaka Zulu.

If we are talking about literacy, The Senegalese, Sudanese, Egan in Nigeria and Ethiopians were literate before Europeans and Arabs. In no way did the Fulani come close.

It is like those labelled Barbarians in those days claiming to be the most educated today.

http://www.gamji.com/article5000/NEWS5174.htm

ARCHEOLOGY: The best tools we have are the discovery made in Nigeria in spite of wet acidic soil that is not good for preservation. A relative comparison of discoveries inside and outside of Nigeria can be convincing evidence of our ancient civilization:

Iwo Eleru – 10,000 B.C Between Akure and present Ile-Ife

Nubia culture - 10,000 B.C

Indian culture - 6,000 B.C

Dafuna Canoe near Yobe dated 8,000 years old compared to oldest

Egyptian boat 5,000 yrs old

China culture - 3,000 – 2,200 B.C

Malenician and South Pacific Hawaii – 2,000 B.C

Olmec Mexico- 1,100 B.C

Igbo Ukwu - 10 AD In the heart of Igbo land

I have left out many Yoruba, Igbo and Benin Arts paraded around the world exhibiting African craft before our Asian and European neighbors caught on to our civilization.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by NASTYNASOSO: 4:44pm On Feb 10, 2018
[quote author=kayfra post=64949481]

Yet, with all that claimed head start, the North has the highest concentration of poverty in the world and by far the lowest literacy rates in the country and probably the entire world.

Abandon your feudal society and embrace 2018. [/quote
]HMMMNNN

AS IF POVERTY AND ILLITERACY IS RELEGATED TO THE NORTH ALONE
SPEAKING ENGLISH DOES NOT MAKE YOU LITERATE BROS

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by emmysoftyou: 4:57pm On Feb 10, 2018
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMMMMM

WHAT MANNER OF STUPIDITY.
WHAT IS YOUR BASIS IF COMPARING KANO WITH RIVERS, LAGOS AND FTC .BESIDES FTC IS STILL FULANI LAND.
ASK YOURSELF AGAIN IS RIVERS DEVELOPED.
YOUR STUPIDITY AMAZES ME, WHO TOLD YOU EDUCATION IS ALL ABOUT WESTERN LEARNING.
how stupid is ur comment. Who told you Fulani is the owner of fct (abuja)?
They are not even the owner of Hausa land talk more of abuja.
Man if you are Fulani guy, u better wake up and read about fulanis cos they re senegambia.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
sinkhole:

yet Fulani rule
Who university come epp?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by kayfra: 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2018
[quote author=NASTYNASOSO post=64950262][/quote]

Both are more predominant in the North. The numbers coming from the North is what skews Nigeria's representation. Remove that region and we have a better human development index.

You guys better change from that Almajiri system which puts you in perpetual poverty
Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by Ahmeduana(m): 5:55pm On Feb 10, 2018
furrr:

Granted oyo and the Benin empire are old, although not as old and as big as the mentioned hausa\fulani empire ....
But my guy don't talk about government structure....
And fyi when the colonialist came virtually all southern states where under direct rule whereas the Hausa kingdoms where under indirect rule . This is because the fulani kingdoms have the equivalent of virtually all modern government positions and hence the imdirect rule...
THE HAUSA FULANI ARE UNDER INDIRECT RULE BECAUSE THEY ACCEPT TO DO THE BIDDING OF THERE COLONIA SLAVE MASTERS
Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by Nowenuse: 6:23pm On Feb 10, 2018
MDsambo:

See this Arabized abokii. Your people no longer answer any tribal names and you have the guts to call another person westernized?
Many hausas now even think that Mohammed & Fatima are hausa names. All the traditional hausa & fulani names are gone! Trying to be more arabic than the arabs. How laughable!

Go to north africa and many other progressive core arabic countries and see how liberal they are. Yet some black imbeciles here in northern Nigeria will tell you that hijab, niqab, burqa & jallabiya are hausa cultures. What foolishness... Go and see how western-educated and civilized people are in Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan e.t.c, but the black imbeciles in northern Nigeria will tell you that almajiri is their culture. Shamelessness!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Were In World’s Best Universities When Usman Dan Fodio Was Still Learning by furrr(m): 7:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ahmeduana:

THE HAUSA FULANI ARE UNDER INDIRECT RULE BECAUSE THEY ACCEPT TO DO THE BIDDING OF THERE COLONIA SLAVE MASTERS
Sorry but that's simply not true ..。。。。。
Pls make more research b4 posting.....
There's a reason why the vast majority of slave taken from Nigeria are from the south no offence....

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Malam Ibrahim Shekarau Officially Defects From PDP To APC / 60 Vehicles Recovered From Okorocha Rochas Of Imo State / Xenophic Attack In SA: We're Sorry For What We Have Done - Malema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.