Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

IBB - Nailed At Last! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB - Nailed At Last! (2607 Views)

Angry Letter To The Nigerian Youth-- Nailed It / The Message That Nailed Amaechi And Dakuku. Pictures. / Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IBB - Nailed At Last! by Sunofgod(m): 7:16pm On Apr 20, 2010
N27bn Halliburton scam IBB, Abdulsalami, Diya, 77 others indicted
By Emeka Umejei Reporter, Lagos

EIGHTY PERSONS, foreigners and Nigerians, the living and the dead, among them four former Heads of State and two of their wives, as well as former Governors and Ministers – indeed the top echelons of the country’s political and military establishments, including technocrats – have been indicted by the United States law enforcement officials over the N27 billion Halliburton bribery scandal.

Among the foreigners are Jack Chagoury, Gilbert Chagoury, and T.W. Oerlemans, an Australian; but they are rather small fish compared with indicted former Nigerian Heads of State Ibrahim Babangida, Sani Abacha, Ernest Shonekan, and Abdulsalami Abubakar.

Maryam, the late wife of Babangida; Mariam, the wife of the late Abacha, and his son, the late Ibrahim, are included; likewise Mike Akhigbe, the second in command in the Abdulsalami junta; former Abia State Governor, Orji Kalu; and former military Governors of Rivers State, Anthony Ukpo and Samuel Ewang.

Also among the dead are Abdulkadir Ahmed, former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor; and renowned economist, Pius Okigbo, who headed the probe panel on the Gulf Crude Oil Excess sales set up by the CBN in 1994.

But among those alive are former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman, and newly re-appointed National Security Adviser, Aliyu Gusau. (See full list).

According to the report of the investigators, the 80 persons received part of the N27 billion bribe facilitated by foreign contractors for Halliburton to get the contract to build the Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) plant, Africa’s first, in Bonny, Rivers State.

The scandal dates back to 1994 when some foreign companies put up bids for the construction of the plant that was to cost $6 billion.

To win the contract, a joint venture company, named TSKJ, was set up – comprising equal holdings between some companies, Technip (French), Sanmprogetti (Italian), KBR (U.S.), and part of the Halliburton group and Japanese engineering and construction company, JGC.

The investigators said the consortium bribed political leaders and top government functionaries through Tri-Star Investment Limited and Marubeni Inc.

They also recruited British lawyer, Jeffery Tesler, to co-ordinate the affairs of Tri-Star, as well as Wojciech Chodan, an American, to co-ordinate the affairs of Marubeni.

TSKJ mandated Tri-Star to solely take charge of bribing Nigerian officials at senior level, Marubeni was restricted to bribing junior level officials.

Tesler disclosed in a court deposition that TSKJ mandated both companies to bribe the officials.

As part of the investigation, the Swiss Justice Department followed the steps of the Police Judiciare of France, which in 2003, started an investigation that revealed fraudulent Halliburton payments to Tesler.

In the U.S., KBR and Halliburton have admitted to violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) by engaging in a decade-long bribing scheme to secure contracts in Nigeria.

Both agreed to pay a combined fine of $579 million to settle criminal and civil charges brought by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Department of Justice.

Those Indicted

Ibrahim Babangida

Maryam Babangida

Ernest Shonekan

Abubakar Abdulsalami

M. D. Yusufu

T.W. Oerlemans

Pius Okigbo

Aminu Saleh

Don Etiebet

Aliyu Mohammed Gusau

Edmund Daukoru

Victoria Ihonde

Toyin Olakunrin

Gilbert Temisan Grant

Gabriel Abolade Soyoye

Patrick Dele-Cole

E. Ihetu

Onya (NNPC personnel)

Sani Abacha

Joshua Dogonyaro

John Shagaya

U. J. Itsueli

Ombu Isokariari

G.O. Ejiga

Babagana Kingibe

Hakeem Bello-Osagie

J.O. Maduka

Sena Anthony

Dalhatu A. Bayero

Ogenyi (NNPC official)

I. Dapchi

M.A. Olorunfemi

Wilfred C. Eze

Umar Baba

Orji Kalu

Jeremiah Useni

Abba Gana

Ibrahim Abacha

Oladipo Diya

Chamberlain O. Oyibo

Judith Attah

Abdulkadir Ahmed

Anthony Ani

O.O. Okwara

Philip Asiodu

Endo (Marubeni Nigeria)

Hamman Tukur

S.J. Ollerearnshaw

Dan Etete

B. Soyode

Akin Ogunleye

Tom Ikimi

Gidado Idris

Sola Alabi

Ismaila Gwarzo

Mariam Abacha

Halilu Akilu

Abdullahi Mohammed

Hamza El-Mustapha

Ibrahim Aliyu

Edmund Ayoola

Anthony Ukpo

Samuel Ewang

Ismaila Usman

Tunde Soleye

Christ Akerele

Umaru Shinkafi

Philip Chukwu

Bunu Sherrif Musa

Rilwan Lukman

Aret Adams

Mike Akhigbe

Faruk Iya

Hassan Adamu

Prince Nzekwe

Gen. Adeyosun

Jasper Jumbo

Jack Chagoury

Gilbert Chagoury

Mohammed Atiku
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by violent(m): 7:27pm On Apr 20, 2010
I doubt anything will be done!

However, if Jonathan is willing to make a firm statement of his stand on corruption, he should pave way for proper investigation and due course!

It will sure go a long way in crushing the back bone of godfatherism in the country!
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by skfa1: 7:36pm On Apr 20, 2010
Na wah o, thats why the coming ones are suffering here and there *shakes head in disbelieve and walks calmly out of thread*.
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by jaybee3(m): 7:43pm On Apr 20, 2010
Why can't they just use this report and impending charges (I wish) to checkmate the dude as per his presidential ambition?
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by Sunofgod(m): 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2010
No Ribadu like character with the balls?
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by debosky(m): 7:48pm On Apr 20, 2010
The list involves almost everyone who has ever held a high post in the NNPC and the Petroleum Ministry or the government.

How much can possibly be done?
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by sjeezy8: 7:51pm On Apr 20, 2010
yoooo this guy OBJ is trying to make Jonathan presido by all means.

all those IBB Gasau and co are among those who stand in front of johnny boy in 2011!!!!!
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by Sunofgod(m): 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2010
OBJ get his own wahala wey dey come his way, shocked
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by sjeezy8: 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2010
^^ Obj can locked up it doesnt mattr but he shouldnt be put in jail before Jonathans term is over.

Because without Obj jonathan can never be president.
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by Sunofgod(m): 8:13pm On Apr 20, 2010
Because without Obj CIA jonathan can never be president.
shocked                                                                                  shocked
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by sjeezy8: 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2010
CIA has relationship with Obj. and No southern person aside from OBJ can do all this.
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by Sunofgod(m): 8:22pm On Apr 20, 2010
Estimate how long OBJ has left on this earth?

Then do the same for Jonathan?

Who would you rather have in your pocket?
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by snowdrops(m): 8:35pm On Apr 20, 2010
4 former heads of state!!! Shame on Nigeria.

I believe OBJs name has been mischieviously omitted.
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by debosky(m): 8:52pm On Apr 20, 2010
snowdrops:

4 former heads of state!!! Shame on Nigeria.

I believe OBJs name has been mischieviously omitted.

I doubt it - the LNG plant construction was completed in 1999, before OBJ came to power. At the time all this money was being shared, OBJ was cooling his heels in an 'executive jail cell' courtesy of the evil goggled one. grin
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Apr 20, 2010
Hold up . . . is this to say that our next president could be a confirmed criminal? ROFLMAO!!!
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by simplychic(f): 9:08pm On Apr 20, 2010
Good that we are all seeing this
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by sjeezy8: 9:29pm On Apr 20, 2010
Sun of god:

Estimate how long OBJ has left on this earth?

Then do the same for Jonathan?

Who would you rather have in your pocket?

You cant compare Jonathan to obj- because jonathan has absolutely NO exerience

Jonathan is still a nobody somewhat. He doesnt have the respect of 70% of the country or the boys in
khaki(military).

If Obj doesnt back Jonathan who will?
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by violent(m): 9:34pm On Apr 20, 2010
sjeezy8:

You cant compare Jonathan to obj- because jonathan has absolutely NO exerience

Jonathan is still a nobody somewhat. He doesnt have the respect of 70% of the country or the boys in
khaki(military).

If Obj doesnt back Jonathan who will?

I will! cool

Kobojunkie:

Hold up . . . is this to say that our next president could be a confirmed criminal? ROFLMAO!!!

laughing my butts off!
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by OAM4J: 11:25pm On Apr 20, 2010
OMG shocked shocked shocked

Who will deal with all these people now?

I doubt Jonathan has the balls to even set up a probe panel.

Too bad, and these people will even have the gut to contest election.

Jesus wept.
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by Kobojunkie: 11:28pm On Apr 20, 2010
Also among the dead are Abdulkadir Ahmed, former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor; and renowned economist, Pius Okigbo, who [size=13pt]headed the probe panel on the Gulf Crude Oil Excess sales [/size] set up by the CBN in 1994.
roflmao!!!
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 20, 2010
PSShhff. . . . . .

This will be swept under the carpet in 2 days.

Next. . . . .
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by Godalone(m): 8:37am On Apr 21, 2010
I doubt if Uncle Joe can handle this list.
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by nethacker(m): 9:32am On Apr 21, 2010
the limit of the series of names above can't be solved by uncle joe's rule as those names approach infinity grin grin, unless maybe he wants to act like JJRawlings.
Our leaders!!!! chai i hv always been wondering the kind of job these guyz do 2 get such money dat nigerians cant do,
i hv to go n sleep and pretend i dreamt of this,
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by rickie4us(m): 9:42am On Apr 21, 2010
this is small drama , not high level
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by MuNeme(m): 9:45am On Apr 21, 2010
Imagine what all these money they ve stolen can do in providing the much needed amenities; in health care, education, human capacity development, employment, etc.*weeps*, By all means we have to frustrate IBB and his ilk from coming back to power! We ve had enough of these obsolete leaderships, recycled government, men wt zero credibility and reputation, men wt no intellectual dexterity, men whose hands and faces are covered in blood, men who run away from training their young ones so that one day they take over from them, The time is now! We have to mobilize every resource in this direction. Yes together We Can!
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by bibiking1(m): 10:48am On Apr 21, 2010
Well, just as in the case of James Ibori and James Onanefe Ibori, we would soon have a Ibrahim Babangida and an Ibrahim Gbadamosi Babangida saga!
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by honeric01(m): 10:54am On Apr 21, 2010
What about the $16m power probe? what happened to it? OBJ is 90% guilty as charged when it comes to that probe (IMO) but it's been swept under the carpet.
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by Nigerd(m): 10:58am On Apr 21, 2010
bibiking1:

Well, just as in the case of James Ibori and James Onanefe Ibori, we would soon have a Ibrahim Babangida and an Ibrahim Gbadamosi Babangida saga!

Na true ooo
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 21, 2010
Oh please, it's so juvenile of you to think that this means he's 'nailed' . . . Nigeria never reach that level.

I heard Bode George is getting a 'post-conviction bail'! I didnt even know that existed! undecided
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 21, 2010
Okay let me assume what i read is true!who wil cal them to justice?jonathan?i dont think so.
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by safeact(m): 11:56am On Apr 21, 2010
Joeboy needs Gusau atleast 4 now, Anything he does now is tantamount to his security risk! He really needs God's wisdom (solomon) to excell in d present predicament. No be small thing.
Re: IBB - Nailed At Last! by bilymuse: 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2010
Why is the list so long, do you need to bribe so many people before conducting business in Nigeria?
Hope some of those names are not just plug from the air

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghana-american Ex-mayor Of Detroit Indicted On Fraud, Tax Charges / Kaduna State Governor & House Of Assembly Elections; Update / Ex-militants Lay Siege To East-west Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.