Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Popular Kenyan Comedian Obinna Buys His Dad A New Car (Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Popular Kenyan Comedian Obinna Buys His Dad A New Car (Photos) (477 Views)

I Own More Than 3,000 Pairs Of Shoes- Popular Kenyan Comedian Jalang’o Brags / Mayorkun Buys His First House. Davido Reacts (Photo) / Mompha Exposes Hushpuppi: Fraudster, Your Mom A Bread Seller & Dad A Taxi Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Kenyan Comedian Obinna Buys His Dad A New Car (Photos) by Groovenaija360(m): 11:31am On Feb 10, 2018
>> I Was kicked Out Of My House For Not Paying Rent.
>> Obinna revealed that he offloaded maize from trucks for a Sh130 pay
>> At one point, the comedian lived in Fred Omondi’s house for over six months
>> Obinna recently gifted his dad with a car

Popular Comedian Obinna has revealed how he was once kicked out from a house since he couldn’t afford his rent at some point in his life.

In an interview with Heads Up, the comedian said that before all the fame, he was a broke man.

“I was once kicked out of my house in Kaloleni. I couldn’t pay rent. It was 3k a month. 30days I couldn’t raise 3k. I was once a street boy in this same city. I lived in a salon in Majengo with my friend ICY. I slept hungry on many occasions. Every morning, I would head to Industrial Area to offload maize trucks where I was paid Sh130. We lived six men in one room,” he said.

The Comedian who recently gifted his dad with a car to appreciate him also revealed how he was hosted by his friends.

“l lived in Fred Omondi’s house for over six months. I lived in a single room with Owago and Othuol in South B, where we paid Sh6,000. Some months, we couldn’t pay. I camped outside Scratch Records so that the producer, Roba could just record one song for me. I did club shows in town for 300-500 bob. Every day I try to be a better person. The memory of where I’m from makes me work harder and never give up. I’ve thought about committing suicide three times. But I didn’t.”

Obinna revealed that his dad has been his support system and the gi­ft was to appreciate him.

“I wanted to surprise my dad because he deserves it. He always talked about how his friend wanted to sell him a car for Sh80,000. I had a gig in Kisumu and I told him I had brought him something small from Dubai. He came, we had coffee and later gave him the car keys. The look on his face was priceless,” he said.

>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/popular-kenyan-comedian-obinna-buys-dad-new-car-photos/

Re: Popular Kenyan Comedian Obinna Buys His Dad A New Car (Photos) by Nutase: 11:37am On Feb 10, 2018
Do Kenyans answer Obinna? If yes, what does it mean?
Re: Popular Kenyan Comedian Obinna Buys His Dad A New Car (Photos) by Groovenaija360(m): 11:41am On Feb 10, 2018
lalastcilala
Re: Popular Kenyan Comedian Obinna Buys His Dad A New Car (Photos) by ufuosman(m): 12:08pm On Feb 10, 2018
Good one

(1) (Reply)

BBNAIJA! Watch Anto Give Tobi A Sexy Lap Dance During Truth Or Dare 1 / Praiz, Simi And Adekunle Gold To Perform At 100% Concert / Starboy Record' Boss (wizkid) Signs New Artist Terri, Set To Drop “made In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.