Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,711 members, 7,862,253 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:20 PM

Different Kinds Of People In Church (7) [1 Peter 5:1-4] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Different Kinds Of People In Church (7) [1 Peter 5:1-4] (478 Views)

You Are Livingstones Built Into A Spiritual House (1 Peter 2:4-6) / What Does 1 Peter 3:19 Mean? / Different Kinds Of People You Will Meet In Nigerian Churches (Meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Different Kinds Of People In Church (7) [1 Peter 5:1-4] by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 10, 2018
Using the typology of a sheepfold, the final type of people we see are the sheepdogs. These are sheep that have followed the shepherd well enough and they are now able to guide other sheep aright in their followership. The Chief shepherd calls men into the office of a pastor to shepherd the flock. The shepherd, knowing he cannot function alone, appoints sheepdogs which include the elders, leaders, intercessors, deacons, and those serving as stewards in the Church. It is thus important that we know our responsibilities as sheepdogs. When the devil comes into the lives of the sheep to separate them, he is clear about his goals. He comes in sheep clothing even though he is a wolf.

Sheepdogs, are the ones teaming up with the pastor and the Holy Spirit to accomplish what God is doing in the church. The wolves (enemy of the sheep) always hide in the undergrowth, stalking the sheep. The sheepdogs identify wolves and oppose the wolves before they are able to strike the sheepfold. They stay alert and on guard watch while the sheep continue grazing unaware of any danger.

The work of the sheepdog is in three-folds:

i.Keep all the sheep in the fold.

ii.Curtail the excesses of the goats in the church and quench the strives they cause;

iii.Keep out the wolves.

When the sheep obey instruction from the shepherd through their sheepdogs, the wolves are defeated.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive grace to take my place serious in the church. I pray for every leader in church to do their assignment with accuracy and excellence in Jesus’ name. Amen.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 30:11-31:18, Matthew 26:47-68, Psalms 32:1-11, Proverbs 8:27-32

Rev and Rev Mrs Olusola Areogun

(1) (Reply)

Billy Graham Is Late / Why Are You A Christian Or Muslim / Pastor Adeboye Prayed For Safe Release Of Missing Leah Sharibu From Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.