Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" (64283 Views)

Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear / Is There Any Culture In Igboland That Does Not Allow Women To See Men When Eatin / #OjudeOba Ogun: Masquerade Danafojura On Fire, Pulls Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by vioment: 7:38am On Feb 11, 2018
12submarine:

Young man, he did not make law for the land, he said he will not allow a woman to wear trousers inside HIS PALACE. How is this an issue? I can decide that no one enters MY HOUSE with footwear or vice versa, is it not my house?

You are right. He did say in his palace but not .0001inch outside his palace. Thank you for the reminder.
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by TheLawTheLegal: 7:44am On Feb 11, 2018
rafindo:
Another brainwashed youth spilling is macho tendency. I hope he reject audience with Beyonce when she visits his cave.
You obviously did not read the interview and it is unfortunate you didn't do so before commenting.
Or did you purposely refuse to understand where he said that speaking English is not allowed unless you are not from that kingdom?
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by iamjavadem(m): 7:50am On Feb 11, 2018
Trash. Nobody cares.
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Smoj(m): 8:13am On Feb 11, 2018
ManFromJos:
What makes him a brainwashed youth? Who told you beyonce would not even be eager to put on ancient ijaw costumes if she were ever going to visit his palace?
You are the brainwashed one for failing to realise that every house owner has his own rules.. Just because u wanted to join those born sarcastic.. But u got it wrong son..
It's not as if he even abolished or banned trousers.. (it was just restricted from the gee's palace)..
I was expecting u to applaud the young man for trying to make his people see essense in their tradition.. Abi did u miss the part where he urged them to even try n 'mix' their language with any other one they are familiar with just to keep it flowing?
Trousers are not bad at all,.. But Son.. this is 2018.-if a snake can swallow N36mil, then i see no reason why you refuse to look for sense..
gn its 11

Concluding part yen jami lara je walahi
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 11, 2018
ManFromJos:
What makes him a brainwashed youth? Who told you beyonce would not even be eager to put on ancient ijaw costumes if she were ever going to visit his palace?
You are the brainwashed one for failing to realise that every house owner has his own rules.. Just because u wanted to join those born sarcastic.. But u got it wrong son..
It's not as if he even abolished or banned trousers.. (it was just restricted from the gee's palace)..
I was expecting u to applaud the young man for trying to make his people see essense in their tradition.. Abi did u miss the part where he urged them to even try n 'mix' their language with any other one they are familiar with just to keep it flowing?
Trousers are not bad at all,.. But Son.. this is 2018.-if a snake can swallow N36mil, then i see no reason why you refuse to look for sense..
gn its 11
There's nothing ancient here, if you are familiar with ijaw people, u will know that most of their kings are just recently installed. Like that of Gbaramatu and the one in benin, the throne is not even up to 20yrs old.
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by ufuosman(m): 8:37am On Feb 11, 2018
Good for him
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by DivinelyBlessed: 8:59am On Feb 11, 2018
bewla:
how much b Jersey
We have the original. It's just N10,000
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by OyinO: 9:00am On Feb 11, 2018
Great Royal Majesty. Afrocentric and Pan Africanist.
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by ikwedim(m): 9:35am On Feb 11, 2018
Yes because pulling trouser takes time n you might be caught trying to... Skirt is easy n simple maka doggy doggy
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by maasoap(m): 9:46am On Feb 11, 2018
Imagine this was from an emir! Islam would have been dragged into the mud by now. Nigeria, home of hypocrites!
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by ruggedtimi(m): 9:53am On Feb 11, 2018
aljharem:
What is ijaw. Abeg we have Hausa Yoruba igbo
mumu.. cadavre like you, Ijaw region is feeding the nation.
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by lakesider(m): 10:43am On Feb 11, 2018
Young and stupid
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by 12submarine(m): 10:47am On Feb 11, 2018
ruggedtimi:
mumu.. cadavre like you, Ijaw region is feeding the nation.
Truth.
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Allisonstvs(m): 12:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
dainformant:
The Pere of Kabowei Kingdom, Barrister Shadrach Erebulu, Aduo lll, who is said to be the youngest king in the entire Ijaw nation - has revealed he doesn't allow women to wear trousers, or speak any other language except Ijaw in his palace.

The young graduate of Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka - was presented with a staff of office on Monday, Oct 23, 2017 during his official installation of as pere of kabowei kingdom at the pere's palace in the vicinity of Patani, Delta state.

In an interview with Gbaramatuvoicenews, the monarch spoke about his kingdom, which spreads across two states and his plans for his people, especially in the area of cultural revival.

Excerpts;

How has it been since you ascended the throne?

It will be six months February 16. I’m still quite new on the throne. I must say that initially, it was not so easy, but it is getting better by the day.

What were you into before you ascend the throne?

I was a practising lawyer with a law firm in Warri. By the side, I was the Supervisory Councilor for Works in Patani Local Government Council.

Were you compelled to join the race or was it out of your freewill?

I think God destined it this way and I only followed the way God planned it and worked it out. I wouldn’t say I was compelled but I just flowed as it was unfolding and it worked out fine.

Is the Kabowei kingdom stool hereditary or by appointment?

It is hereditary. It passes from father to son. My late father was the last Pere of Kabowei Kingdom and he passed on, on February, 18 2016. Then, I came after him.

It is said that you also have some elder brothers, so how come you were picked instead of them?

The process moves from father to son, starting from the first son and there are qualifications that are also stated traditionally and even by government’s gazette to guide the kingmakers. I think that was how it was done. I happen to be the sixth surviving son, but I think flowing from the qualifications, the kingmakers found me as the most suitable person for the office.

Can you let us know some of your achievements since you became the Pere?

Before my emergence, I understood the fact that our cultures and traditions are fast fading away. Even our youths find it hard to understand and speak our language. Due to modernisation, everybody now feels that going back to traditional language makes one a lesser person. That was eating fast into our way of life, so my major drive was that as a young traditional ruler, I should be able to reverse these things.

I think my function is not political. It is to keep and preserve the traditions of our people. I had to bring some strict rules. Before now, people came into the palace and they wanted to speak English language while addressing the king. I made it a point for anybody coming into the palace, except you are not from Kabowei kingdom, not to speak the English language, but our language. If you are not fluent in it, mix it, but endeavour to see that you can speak it.

I made it a taboo for any woman to walk into the palace wearing trousers. We see how girls wear all manner of things and walk down the street; that is not our way of life. So even within the town, I had to call the chairmen of the communities to educate their young people to see that they try as much as possible to go back to our tradition. I also set up a committee to see how we can come up with our own cultural heritage, that is how the Kabowei man used to be. Because Kabowei or the Kabo man as he is popularly called, is a unique Ijaw person. We are unique in all we do because our own tongue is different from every other Ijaw man.

If a Kabowei man speaks here, it is different from the way someone from Bomadi or Sagbama would speak. So if we can go back to the way we speak our language, it will help our culture, it will help our uniqueness, because once you lose your culture, you have lost your identity. I try to see how we can bring that back...

What are some of the things you miss as a king, considering the fact that you are young?

Will I say I really miss doing those things? Before I ascended the throne, I just got to the stage in my life where I became a responsible man. I got married in the same year I ascended the throne. As at the point of my getting married, I believe I had had enough of everything I wanted to do as a young man, and it was time for me to be responsible and be focused. If there is anything I miss doing, it is going to court as a lawyer because that is one of the things I cannot do anymore too.

Can you just tell us the reaction of your wife, what did she tell you?

It came via a text message from one of my elder brothers. When I saw the message and showed it to my wife, she didn’t understand what it was and asked, ‘what is this one that Eli congratulating you for?’ And I said that I was selected as the king.She said, ‘King what? You aren’t going to stay in Patani, are you?’ And I said when we get to that bridge, we will cross it. I think her major concern was coming to stay here, because she had only come twice for my dad’s burial and when I brought her to officially introduce her to my mum. That was the only challenge.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/pere-of-kabowei-kingdom-barrister-shadrach-erebulu-aduo-lll-speaks-months-after-ascending-throne.html

See previous thread >>> https://www.nairaland.com/4135023/peremobowei-shedrack-erebulu-becomes-youngest
make dem dey show u panties nah
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Probz(m): 12:54pm On Feb 11, 2018
People don’t know that trousers fit the anatomy of women more than men. Stupid kid.

1 Like

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by InfernoNig: 1:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
Badt guy. wink
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by ChristineC: 1:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
gare:

BUT WHEN YOU SEE THE ONE WEARING TROUSER OUTSIDE YOU GO MAD, BUT FROM THE LOOK ON YOUR WIFE'S FACE, I SEE HER LIKE SOMEONE THAT CANNOT DO WITHOUT TROUSER !!!
you know all these from his wife's face?

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Paulezuzu(m): 1:55pm On Feb 11, 2018
rafindo:
Another brainwashed youth spilling is macho tendency. I hope he reject audience with Beyonce when she visits his cave.

every environment or organisation has his rules and guidlines if it is not comfortable by you, you stay clear. there are churches u dont wear slippers into dame way mosque u dont wear trousers into as a lady, you dont wear bum shot into a courtroom and wont wear cap even as a man into the court room. so the rules guiding his palace remains his rule. no matter your status if you get liver go wear cap enter high court if nor be prison u go land yourself if u refuse to remove when the judge want to sit. he has made his point have a problem with it go hug transformer or kiss mad woman
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Paulezuzu(m): 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
lakesider:
Young and stupid
Poor fool why are you frustrated? U get sense at all?
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Paulezuzu(m): 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
Probz:
People don’t know that trousers fit the anatomy of women more than men. Stupid kid.

Mature animal, do u even have an origin? Coming to nairaland to mk a fool of urself
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Paulezuzu(m): 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
ikwedim:
Yes because pulling trouser takes time n you might be caught trying to... Skirt is easy n simple maka doggy doggy

Big fool dictated.
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Probz(m): 2:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
Paulezuzu:

Mature animal, do u even have an origin? Coming to nairaland to mk a fool of urself

Typical village cunt. Look at this mumu.

1 Like

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
rafindo:
Badbelle is allowed (in MI's voice)
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by abukaokab: 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
nice talk the king
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Tapreal: 8:15pm On Feb 11, 2018
The thing dey pain u? stupid head with no sense.
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by poik(m): 12:07am On Feb 12, 2018
dainformant:
The Pere of Kabowei Kingdom, Barrister Shadrach Erebulu, Aduo lll, who is said to be the youngest king in the entire Ijaw nation - has revealed he doesn't allow women to wear trousers, or speak any other language except Ijaw in his palace.

The young graduate of Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka - was presented with a staff of office on Monday, Oct 23, 2017 during his official installation of as pere of kabowei kingdom at the pere's palace in the vicinity of Patani, Delta state.

In an interview with Gbaramatuvoicenews, the monarch spoke about his kingdom, which spreads across two states and his plans for his people, especially in the area of cultural revival.

Excerpts;

How has it been since you ascended the throne?

It will be six months February 16. I’m still quite new on the throne. I must say that initially, it was not so easy, but it is getting better by the day.

What were you into before you ascend the throne?

I was a practising lawyer with a law firm in Warri. By the side, I was the Supervisory Councilor for Works in Patani Local Government Council.

Were you compelled to join the race or was it out of your freewill?

I think God destined it this way and I only followed the way God planned it and worked it out. I wouldn’t say I was compelled but I just flowed as it was unfolding and it worked out fine.

Is the Kabowei kingdom stool hereditary or by appointment?

It is hereditary. It passes from father to son. My late father was the last Pere of Kabowei Kingdom and he passed on, on February, 18 2016. Then, I came after him.

It is said that you also have some elder brothers, so how come you were picked instead of them?

The process moves from father to son, starting from the first son and there are qualifications that are also stated traditionally and even by government’s gazette to guide the kingmakers. I think that was how it was done. I happen to be the sixth surviving son, but I think flowing from the qualifications, the kingmakers found me as the most suitable person for the office.

Before my emergence, I understood the fact that our cultures and traditions are fast fading away. Even our youths find it hard to understand and speak our language. Due to modernisation, everybody now feels that going back to traditional language makes one a lesser person. That was eating fast into our way of life, so my major drive was that as a young traditional ruler, I should be able to reverse these things.

I think my function is not political. It is to keep and preserve the traditions of our people. I had to bring some strict rules. Before now, people came into the palace and they wanted to speak English language while addressing the king. I made it a point for anybody coming into the palace, except you are not from Kabowei kingdom, not to speak the English language, but our language. If you are not fluent in it, mix it, but endeavour to see that you can speak it.

I made it a taboo for any woman to walk into the palace wearing trousers. We see how girls wear all manner of things and walk down the street; that is not our way of life. So even within the town, I had to call the chairmen of the communities to educate their young people to see that they try as much as possible to go back to our tradition. I also set up a committee to see how we can come up with our own cultural heritage, that is how the Kabowei man used to be. Because Kabowei or the Kabo man as he is popularly called, is a unique Ijaw person. We are unique in all we do because our own tongue is different from every other Ijaw man.

If a Kabowei man speaks here, it is different from the way someone from Bomadi or Sagbama would speak. So if we can go back to the way we speak our language, it will help our culture, it will help our uniqueness, because once you lose your culture, you have lost your identity. I try to see how we can bring that back...

What are some of the things you miss as a king, considering the fact that you are young?

Will I say I really miss doing those things? Before I ascended the throne, I just got to the stage in my life where I became a responsible man. I got married in the same year I ascended the throne. As at the point of my getting married, I believe I had had enough of everything I wanted to do as a young man, and it was time for me to be responsible and be focused. If there is anything I miss doing, it is going to court as a lawyer because that is one of the things I cannot do anymore too.

Can you just tell us the reaction of your wife, what did she tell you?

It came via a text message from one of my elder brothers. When I saw the message and showed it to my wife, she didn’t understand what it was and asked, ‘what is this one that Eli congratulating you for?’ And I said that I was selected as the king.She said, ‘King what? You aren’t going to stay in Patani, are you?’ And I said when we get to that bridge, we will cross it. I think her major concern was coming to stay here, because she had only come twice for my dad’s burial and when I brought her to officially introduce her to my mum. That was the only challenge.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/pere-of-kabowei-kingdom-barrister-shadrach-erebulu-aduo-lll-speaks-months-after-ascending-throne.html

See previous thread >>> https://www.nairaland.com/4135023/peremobowei-shedrack-erebulu-becomes-youngest

Trouser na woman cloth before?
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 12, 2018
Nizguy:
How on earth will a gal that can't urinate straight wear trouser to visit king?[/quote[quote author=Nizguy post=64959287]How on earth will a gal that can't urinate straight wear trouser to visit king?

Are you God that created women to ease themselves while automatically covering their dignity? Is God not smarter than you? You are just a common ape who doesn't understand the special anatomy of a woman. Only a worm like you would compare a woman urinating bent down with a man standing up. The organs are different and divinely made different to fit, not for one to ignorantly claim superiority over the other becuse of simple private parts. Even if you went to any school you're just an educated illiterate. So your mother, wife and daughters are nothing but second classes Humans/Citizens? Just because one human passes ordinary urine with his thing standing up and the other bends dignified by God's designed to hid her womanhood where everyone comes from including a money like you? Does it make a woman a less than you. Are you saying God made a mistake? Ordinary cave fool like you who can't even create a single follicle on his head? #StupidFool we don't blame you, we blame your worthless mother and useless father who didn't teach you to respect woman for who they truly are to the world and humanity. You are nothing but a misguided brat from a damaged family. Idiot as if you will make heaven with your satanic unjustified pride just because you were born with a tiny stick poking between your legs? You are not special than your fellow worman nor man. #TryAndGetSmallSense! #Abaya! #Olodo! #YouAreDefinatelyAnIgboBrat]

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Probz(m): 7:08pm On Feb 12, 2018
iamjavadem:
Trash. Nobody cares.

The little bastard thinks he’s a bad man too. To hell with the prick.
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Probz(m): 7:11pm On Feb 12, 2018
Paulezuzu:

Everybody should look at this little bastard. Someone who can’t even spell is saying another man is making a fool of himself.

O di egwu. O di egwu. Anuohia.

1 Like

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Nizguy(m): 9:04pm On Feb 12, 2018
[quote author=GodBlessMe4Life post=65009067][/quote]

so all these long epistle was just for u to express ur anger? well sorry cos u ended up saying trash.

Note: I don't argue with fools like u on any social media cos that the only way fools like u open their cavity to talk trash and went untouched. onye ara Nl
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by bukatyne(f): 6:55am On Mar 05, 2018
The King sounds wise and accommodating.

Lol! at they should mix it with the language they know.

Great sense of humour too.
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Gggg102(m): 7:54am On Mar 05, 2018
dainformant:

Excerpts;

but why are men allowed to wear trousers, afterall it isn't their cultural attire.

if he wants to promote culture and tradition, he shouldn't do it from one side.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Make-Up Free Photo Of Ola Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife, Shows Her Tribal Marks / The Igala People In Anambra State / Photos Of The Women Who Have Left Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.