Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,442 members, 7,850,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:26 AM

Everything Is Possible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Everything Is Possible (653 Views)

It Is Possible With Jesus. I Am A Living Testimony / False Prophets/Pastors Described: Easy Identification Is Possible. / Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everything Is Possible by Kei144(m): 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2018
Mk. 9:23 “`If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for him who believes.”

Ph. 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Everything is possible to you because you can do everything if God gives you the strength. How does one receive strength from God?

Jn. 8:29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.”

God gives strength to a person that pleases Him. Therefore, the question about how to receive strength from God should be rephrased as how to please God. How could I always do what pleases God, so that He will always be with me and then I could do everything through Him?

He. 10:38 But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him.”

God is pleased with those who live by faith. Faith is to believe the message that came from God. What is this message?

Re: Everything Is Possible by Kei144(m): 9:42pm On Feb 10, 2018
The Gospel of Jesus Christ

1Co. 15:1 Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand.
1Co. 15:3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
1Co. 15:4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.

2Ti. 2:8 Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel,
2Ti. 2:9 for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God’s word is not chained.
2Ti. 2:11 Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him;
2Ti. 2:12 if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;
2Ti. 2:13 if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

The above passages of Scripture help us to capture the message from God through Jesus Christ, or the gospel. The message is that Christ died for our sins, he was buried and he was raised from the dead. The message goes on to say that if we died with Jesus Christ, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us; if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself. This is the complete gospel of Jesus Christ. Faith is to believe the complete gospel.

As we can see, there are two parts to the gospel. One part consists of what God has done for us: He gave Jesus Christ to die for our sins and then He raised Jesus Christ from the dead for our justification (Ro. 4:25). The other part consists of our response to what God has done for us: die with Jesus Christ, live with him and reign with him.

Re: Everything Is Possible by IME1: 9:49pm On Feb 10, 2018
Yes sir
Possible only with God

Re: Everything Is Possible by Kei144(m): 9:58pm On Feb 10, 2018
Faith should lead to Action

Ja. 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

Ac. 2:36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
Ac. 2:37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”
Ac. 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

After you have heard or read the complete gospel of Jesus Christ, you need to show that you believe by action. When Apostle Peter finished preaching the gospel in Acts 2, the people asked for what they should do in response to the message. Peter told them that they need to die with Jesus Christ.

Mk. 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
Mk. 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Ro. 6:3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

A person dies with Jesus Christ through baptism in water into the name of Jesus Christ. It is water baptism that unites a person with the death of Jesus Christ on the cross, and hence with the blood of Jesus.

In Ac. 2:38, Apostle Peter stated that baptism into Jesus Christ should be accompanied by receiving of the Holy Spirit. In Ac. 19:2 we see where Apostle Paul asked some people of God, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” Paul got the people to go through proper baptism, followed by prayer for them to receive the Holy Spirit.

Once you are baptized in water into Jesus Christ and the baptism is followed by prayer for the gift of the Holy Spirit, be rest assured that you have received the Holy Spirit. Lk. 11:13 says that God gives the Holy Spirit if we ask Him. It is better to believe what the Bible says than to depend on some visible manifestation, like speaking in tongues, in order to know if you have received the Holy Spirit.

Re: Everything Is Possible by Kei144(m): 10:03pm On Feb 10, 2018
Living with Jesus Christ

Ga. 3:26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus,
Ga. 3:27 for all of you who were baptised into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

If you have been baptized into Jesus Christ in water and in the Spirit, you are a son of God. You therefore need to begin to live like a son of God; Jesus is our example (1Pe. 2:21). How do you begin to live like Jesus Christ? By faith!

Ro. 4:17 As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.” [Gen. 17:5] He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed — the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.

2Co. 4:13 It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.” [Psalm 116:10] With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak,

The practice of faith involves calling things that are not as though they were. We need to manifest our belief by speaking out what we believe. That is faith. The best time to display faith is when we are facing tribulation; instead of complaining or mourning, we begin to speak word of faith. It pleases God a lot. God gives His power to those who please Him.

Re: Everything Is Possible by Kei144(m): 10:12pm On Feb 10, 2018
Reigning with Jesus

Jo. 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

If you unceasingly speak words of faith, you will end up doing the works that Jesus did during his earthly ministry. You will begin to manifest as a son of God.

Jn. 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Mk. 16:17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
Mk. 16:18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

Note that 2Ti. 2:12 (quoted above) says that if we endure, we will also reign with him. This should tell you that your faith must be tested by tribulations before you can reign with Jesus. Before Jesus himself began to reign during his earthly ministry, the Spirit first of all drove him into the desert, where he was tried (Matthew 4). The reason why many people do not grow spiritually is because they are so much focused on worldly prosperity. They are afraid of suffering. In order to become like Jesus, worldly pursuits must decrease so that heaven will increase in you. When worldly pursuits decrease, tribulation sets in. It is faith during tribulations that pleases God so much.
Re: Everything Is Possible by Kei144(m): 10:14pm On Feb 10, 2018
Examples of Word of Faith

Ga. 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

The day you submitted yourself for baptism into Jesus Christ was the day you were crucified with Jesus. When prayer was said for you to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, Christ (the Anointing) came to dwell in your body. God is in you; stop living by yourself and live by God that is in you. You live by God through words of faith—calling the things God has said that He has done or that He does as if you are a witness of those things, even if you are not yet witnessing them. If you endure in calling the things that are not as though they were, before long, you will begin to witness them in reality. It is so miraculous!

Following are examples of word of faith.

I give you thanks the Most High God, for you rescued me and every member of my family from the dominion of darkness and you have brought us into the kingdom of your dear Son Jesus Christ, in whom we have redemption (Col. 1:13-14).

Thank you gracious Father, for by your grace we have been united with Jesus Christ in his death and you have raised us up together with him.

Thank you Holy Father for you have raised us up from sin into righteousness. You work in us to will and act according to your good purpose (Ph. 2:13).

Praise be to God, for I can do everything through Christ in me who gives me strength (Ph. 4:13). In the name of Jesus Christ, I can cast out demons. I can speak any language of the world. If I lay my hand on sick people, they shall become well. Even though I drink deadly poison, it shall not hurt me at all. (Mk. 16:17-18)

By the grace of God, I shall be perfect as my heavenly Father is perfect (Mt. 5:48); for Christ in me works in me to will and to act according to God’s good purpose (Ph. 2:13).

By the grace of God, I shall not worry about my life (Mt. 6:25-34); for my God will meet all my needs according to His glorious riches in Christ (Ph. 4:19).

(1) (Reply)

Cause & Effect Is Organic Resultant Of Speed Of Light Within Our Universe / RCCG Sunday School Teacher’s Manual For May 27th, Lesson 39 — Quarterly Review / Netanyahu: Don't Read The UN Report, Read The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.