Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,857 members, 7,844,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Slay The Beast - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Slay The Beast (541 Views)

Adventure With The Slay Queen's / The Choosen One {the Beast Of Gevaudan} Written By Horluwap1 / Ikomoja The Beast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Slay The Beast by Princephelar(m): 12:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
If all I've been through in the little time I've spent around can be translated into scares then baring my cloth will expose my ugly body.

If all my pains can be translated into a song, then it will be a perfect song for the sad man.

If all my joy can be translated into waters, it will be a very wide and deep ocean of waters.

I make boast in my pains, I wear my flaws like a soldier wears his badge, I keep moving on, blazing through all barriers knowing forward is the only direction to go.

I never say die, never back down, I fall 7 times and stand right back up on my feet 49 times because I'm done for if I don't.

I derive joy from threading the path my dream leads me, I'm encouraged from above in times of despair, I draw strength from my weakness and courage from my fear.

I slayed the beast, roasted and served it as barbecue, I filled my cup with its blood and merry in the hurts of the injuries sustained.

Sometimes I feel like giving up and throwing in the towel, but I bounce back hard and strong because the joy of the Lord is my strength.

Call me pained, call me hurt, call me distressed, call abandoned, call me frustrated, call me...but one thing I'm not and will never be is FAILURE.

I know I've not been around for quite long which makes me almost unqualified to write this letter to you, but then I think I now know why I'm writing this.

This is for you, who have more scares than I do, who have bigger fears than I do, to you who have bigger dream than mine, to be you who have bigger beast to slay, to you who have more barriers to blaze through, to you who have fallen many times than your memory can keep track of.

To you who is scared of loosing your identity in the crowd, to you who is scared of fading off with the light of the day, to you who is scared of loosing your voice in the noise around, to you who...

You're the champion, you're more than conqueror, you're the real deal, you're a rear gem, a refined gold beautiful to behold, you're the real MVP...YOU'RE NOT ALONE!

Courtesy:www.princephelar.com
©princephelar2018
#MCtoSET
#KutazFirstBorn
Re: Slay The Beast by Oscilo1(m): 8:23am On Mar 10, 2018
Great

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lump In My Breasts?(true Story) / Journey To The Unknown (Episode 1):By Kolawole Victoria / Dauda: Chapter 2 [Love And Other Drugs]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.