Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,969 members, 7,821,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria (1570 Views)

Tell Garba Shehu To Save Nigeria From Herdsmen Before Saving It From Kanu / Donald Duke On Their Salvaging Coalition To Save Nigeria / Implementation Of Confab Report Can Save Nigeria—Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by domainOfficial: 1:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
Over 50years of independence, mixed with military and democratic government, there has never been true voice of the masses on political/socio-economic development of the country.
Nigerian issues are totally caused by the corrupt political class, where same individuals keep repeating and representing political interest of over 180 million Nigerians.
How do we stop same group of corrupt folks from hijacking the political system? How do we represent the voice of the masses, the voice of average Nigerian, the civil servants, the poor artisans, the students in striking universities, the traders, the NGOs with interest of the masses, etc
Suddenly an idea came to mind (Why can't we have shamelist)
What's ShameList

ShameList is list of all corrupt Nigerians that will never hold any political office or head any organization either by election or appointment.
Generating ShameList

Each name on the list will have verifiable information collectively posted by both citizens and non-citizens of Nigerian. The information will be vetted by an online group before being posted on public domain....
Purpose of ShameList

Shamelist will be consulted by national and international bodies when making political /developmental decisions that concerns Nigeria.
INEC and other related bodies will make reference from this list before making their decision.
Availability of ShameList

ShameList will be a web application, developed by Nigerians, hosted offshore.
Note
I'm actually a concerned Nigerian, and I believe there are people in this forum that cares about Nigeria.
I need constructive critics.... How can this fly...

Added new directives

ShameList Project development Draft

Basically the program flow will be like this

There will be “complainant”

Complainants are those who add new suspect/candidate. Apart from adding candidates, they also open new cases. Anybody (Nigerian/non-Nigerian) can be a complainant.

Voters (Any Nigerian)
Voters will vote on “cases” with documents(photos, texts,videos,links etc) in support /against listing a candidate on the shame list.
All votes will be publicly available in “Joe Doe” names

Vetter
They will review the publicly available data
Their Identity will not be publicly available....
Note: There are Nigerians that have never been to Nigeria but hates what is happening in Nigeria. When facts are presented to these individual they will review and make appropriate input.
Since the votes and supporting verifiable documents are publicly available it will be almost impossible for their vetting to be partial.

Candidates/suspects profile will be like this

Names
Educational timeline (from nursery to .....)
Work timeline
Cases : With votes

Etc

Mods Please

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by braine(m): 1:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
I support this. List corrupt politicians, down to the ward level sef.

Let's start with a befitting domain name.

1 Like

Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
This makes so much sense. I'm in.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
braine:

Let's check

(www.Naijashamelist.com) and more suggestions needed......
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by domainOfficial: 1:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
braine:

Thanks for your contribution
Shamelist.org.ng
shamelist.ng

I'm so concerned that I won't mind getting these domains today
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by Pavore9: 1:54pm On Feb 11, 2018
Nigeria needs it.
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by braine(m): 1:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
domainOfficial:

Shamelist.org.ng
shamelist.ng

This is good. It's short. Please let us know if you need assistance. I can help with some graphics if you need help with that.

This is a great idea and I am completely in.
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by braine(m): 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
modelmike7:

Let's check

(www.Naijashamelist.com) and more suggestions needed......

Domain too long and doesn't sound/look 'professional' with that naija prefix.
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
braine:

Domain too long and doesn't sound/look 'professional' with that naija prefix.

More suggestions bro.......
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 11, 2018
domainOfficial:

Shamelist.org.ng
shamelist.ng

Shamelist.org.ng

This is it!!
Let's do this guys.......
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by braine(m): 2:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
modelmike7:

More suggestions bro.......

Shamelist.org.ng is great.

The name is unique and fits this project. Plus it sounds like something that will stick whenever anyone hears/sees it.
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by domainOfficial: 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
braine:

This is good. It's short. Please let us know if you need assistance. I can help with some graphics if you need help with that.

We need to start git project, and seek for contributors...
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by domainOfficial: 2:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
braine:

Shamelist.org.ng is great.

The name is unique and fits this project. Plus it sounds like something that will stick whenever anyone hears/sees it.

Yes, I concur.....
Great things starts from little beginning.....

First thing first, ANY corrupt MEMBER of any POLITICAL PARTY in the country must be there.
This should never be a party or political thing.
And what will be the YARDSTICK of making sure their names will be on the list?
As the saying goes that , they are all innocent until proven guilty in the court of law...
In as much as it is so glaring , that they are thieves and corrupt.
These are the first 2 things that should be applied....
I hope we get to that part soon.......
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by dollytino4real(f): 2:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
i hope it will not be like 2face n charlie boy? i concur even to those consellours without ideas only to marry wives
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by braine(m): 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
modelmike7:

Yes, I concur.....
Great things starts from little beginning.....

First thing first, ANY corrupt MEMBER of any POLITICAL PARTY in the country must be there.
This should never be a party or political thing.
And what will be the YARDSTICK of making sure their names will be on the list?
As the saying goes that , they are all innocent until proven guilty in the court of law...
In as much as it is so glaring , that they are thieves and corrupt.
These are the first 2 things that should be applied....
I hope we get to that part soon.......

We can start with the news. People involved in corruption cases. Like they say, there is an iota of truth in every rumour.

And talking about not being a part of any political party, I think some NGO registration needs to be done. But I think that can be done when the web application is established to some extent.
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by Mustack: 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
I have to switch from airtelfreebasis us my data just to comment... Am a corper serving Niger state... Enough of that... Am a concern Nigeria but the level of corruption is at the highest level my bro and sis... Its a welcome development but you know something can easily corrupt the mind of your fellow (bribery/kickback/palm greasing etc) any grouping tanking this mantu is subjected to integrity but nobody is trusted again.... The only thing wort reliable is if they can take a spiritual oat that will go inline with the all the family to decease anything apart from that is not worth thrusting....
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by debolayinka(m): 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
Nice idea.
But the difficulties might include unverified rumours and biasedness of the part of those to confirm the "corrupt" status of deserving Nigerians.
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by MisterSols(m): 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
Good idea

But wrong information or a hack could do more harm
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by bb6xt(m): 5:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
domainOfficial:
Repository started

https://bitbucket.org/deparagon/shamelist

This repository is private. I recommend making it public so that more people can contribute. Any particular reason for picking bitbucket over github?
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by domainOfficial: 5:22pm On Feb 11, 2018

Complainants are those who add new suspect/candidate. Apart from adding candidates, they also open new cases. Anybody (Nigerian/non-Nigerian) can be a complainant.

Voters (Any Nigerian)
Voters will vote on “cases” with documents(photos, texts,videos,links etc) in support /against listing a candidate on the shame list.

Vetter
Note: There are Nigerians that have never been to Nigeria but hates what is happening in Nigeria. When facts are presented to these individual they will review and make appropriate input.
Since the votes and supporting verifiable documents are publicly available it will be almost impossible for their vetting to be partial.

Names
Work timeline

Etc
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by domainOfficial: 5:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
bb6xt:

This repository is private. I recommend making it public so that more people can contribute. Any particular reason for picking bitbucket over github?

The main reason for picking bitbucket, is because of the private feature which is available by default.
We can decide to make it private and allow contributors post their username before they can be added to the project...

I suggest Laravel for the project...

Expecting more input in support /against..
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by Incredibleme: 9:39am On Feb 12, 2018
domainOfficial:

The main reason for picking bitbucket, is because of the private feature which is available by default.
We can decide to make it private and allow contributors post their username before they can be added to the project...

I suggest Laravel for the project...

Expecting more input in support /against..

Why not use nodes.js? I think it has a larger bandwidth
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by domainOfficial: 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2018
Incredibleme:

Why not use nodes.js? I think it has a larger bandwidth

Thanks for your suggestion...
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by domainOfficial: 9:16pm On Feb 12, 2018
braine:

We need logo. Can you work on that....

Domain is ready...
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by domainOfficial: 9:32pm On Feb 16, 2018
While the project is in progress, lets keep watch on this thread...
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by Cromagnon: 2:18am On Feb 17, 2018
domainOfficial:
Over 50years of independence, mixed with military and democratic government, there has never been true voice of the masses on political/socio-economic development of the country.
Nigerian issues are totally caused by the corrupt political class, where same individuals keep repeating and representing political interest of over 180 million Nigerians.
How do we stop same group of corrupt folks from hijacking the political system? How do we represent the voice of the masses, the voice of average Nigerian, the civil servants, the poor artisans, the students in striking universities, the traders, the NGOs with interest of the masses, etc
Suddenly an idea came to mind (Why can't we have shamelist)
What's ShameList

ShameList is list of all corrupt Nigerians that will never hold any political office or head any organization either by election or appointment.
Generating ShameList

Each name on the list will have verifiable information collectively posted by both citizens and non-citizens of Nigerian. The information will be vetted by an online group before being posted on public domain....
Purpose of ShameList

Shamelist will be consulted by national and international bodies when making political /developmental decisions that concerns Nigeria.
INEC and other related bodies will make reference from this list before making their decision.
Availability of ShameList

ShameList will be a web application, developed by Nigerians, hosted offshore.
Note
I'm actually a concerned Nigerian, and I believe there are people in this forum that cares about Nigeria.
I need constructive critics.... How can this fly...

Added new directives

Voters (Any Nigerian)

Vetter

Names
Work timeline

Etc

Mods Please
no shame since everyone is a thief
they will bribe you the same way they bribe media to keep quiet
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by Mustack: 8:59am On Feb 17, 2018
Cromagnon:
no shame since everyone is a thief
they will bribe you the same way they bribe media to keep quiet
na true oh dats why i stated eirlier that if they cant take shrine oat wit instant result they should just forget it.
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by Cromagnon: 7:52pm On Feb 17, 2018
Mustack:
na true oh dats why i stated eirlier that if they cant take shrine oat wit instant result they should just forget it.
they took oath in okija and ogun state nothing happened
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by Mustack: 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2018
Cromagnon:
they took oath in okija and ogun state nothing happened

Them never take original one
Re: Shamelist: Lets Save Nigeria by Cromagnon: 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2018
Mustack:

Them never take original one
story
Ppl that dont fear God
Is it jazz they will fear

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Will Vote Buhari Again And Again. / As A Youth; Why I Want Buhari To Remain Nigerian President / ‘R-APC Won’t Make Any Impact’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.