Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Alone In The Dark - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Alone In The Dark (431 Views)

Another Block Of Alphabet. (Dark Poetry). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alone In The Dark by kalaro(m): 2:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hello nairalanders what do you think about my poem.
It was written to encourage us to be strong in our challenging times because there is always a brighter side.

Alone in the dark
Filled with rage
Not for the dark, but the absence of love
Love, so easy to find
Yet so hard to keep in todays world

Alone in the dark
Birds sing beautifully well
Not to appease me, but to remind me that beautiful things still exist in todays world

Alone in the dark
I still feel the fresh breeze
Not to direct my part, but to give me believe in good things i have not seen(faith) in todays world.

2 Likes

Re: Alone In The Dark by Renegadefrank(m): 11:33am On Feb 12, 2018
Some correction first: 'today's world' instead of 'todays world.'
Then 'give me belief' instead of 'give me believe'.
For the poem: Given the fact that it talks about not just one thing in particular, but several; I think its too short. In my opinion, it doesn't have enough to adjectives or words to cover your various themes. My perspective though. I love the heading by the way but it feels inadequately short and incomplete. If you could work on the individual themes and make them fleshy or just pick one single theme and make it clear. Best Wishes

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Death Of Death / For The Pen / Show Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.