Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) (45734 Views)

Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Stealing N2000 (Disturbing Photos) / Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) / Armed Fulani Herdsmen Arrested After Engaging Soldiers In A Fire Fight. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by stephenduru: 4:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
After  series of meetings between the Otukpo Local government Chairman, Hon. George Alli and the Fulani community in Otukpo over the law prohibiting open grazing as enacted into law by Benue State government, with its implementation from November 2017, recalcitrant Fulani herdsmen were seen openly grazing their cattle in Otukpo.

The Otukpo Council Chairman, who personally witnessed the gross violation of the Anti-Open Grazing Law immediately directed the arrest of the culprits while investigation into the motive behind the criminal act is ongoing.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/02/open-grazing-george-alli-directs-arrest.html?m=1

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by stephenduru: 4:39pm On Feb 11, 2018

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by bigboss80s(m): 4:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
Very good. Arrest and prosecute them. Also search for hidden weapons and extract confessions from them regarding the whereabouts their armed militia.

187 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Slikbae: 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
Good.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Daviddson(m): 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
Very good. They behave as if laws have no effect on them. What nonsense.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
Way to go

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by NwaNimo1(m): 4:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
Reprisal attack coming....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by ihitenansa: 4:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
they must face the full music

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by dlondonbadboy: 4:48pm On Feb 11, 2018
Buhari Media Cows would not like this....

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by duroc(m): 4:50pm On Feb 11, 2018
Cowhari people will come bail them out..

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by TheFreeOne: 4:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
Prosecute them asap to serve as deterrent to others.

There should be no sacred cows.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Ikwokrikwo: 5:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
TheFreeOne:
Prosecute them asap to serve as deterrent to others.

There should be no sacred cows.

Literally!

46 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by SweetJoystick(m): 5:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
People wey orders from above go release soon
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Built2last: 5:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
So in Benue people's mind. Abubakar Idris of Police and Abubakar Malami all Fulani will prosecute these people. They are learners. They should get ready for more attacks

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by tooth4tooth: 5:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
The law has come to stay and there is no going back. No amount of intimidation,bully and barbaric killings can stop it. I stand with Orton and the entire Benue people on this.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by JORDAN202: 6:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
WHY ARREST THEM ?

THESE BENUE PEOPLE ARE NOT EVEN SERIOUS.

EVERY DAY THEY CRY OUT ABOUT HERDSMEN SLAUGHTERING THEM AND VANISHING.

NOW THEY MANAGE TO CATCH SOME LIVE!

IS THERE ANY REASON FOR THESE BENUE PEOPLE TO INVOLVE THE POLICE ?

THE SAME POLICE THAT DID NOT PROTECT THEM

OR IS THAT THESE BENUE PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO ENSURE THAT OTHER HERDSMEN DO NOT RETURN TO THEIR STATE??

PMB & MIYETTEH ALLAH DID NOT DO ANYTHING WHEN BENUE PEOPLE WERE KILLED.

ARE THE SAME POLICE PEOPLE WHO THE HERDSMEN WERE HANDED OVER NOT GOING TO GET AN 'ORDER-FROM-ABOVE' TO RELEASE THESE KILLER HERDSMEN THAT WERE CAPTURED, AND THEY RETURN TO KILL MORE BENUE PEOPLE ??

I REALLY DID NOT EXPECT SUCH STUPIDITY FROM BENUE PEOPLE.

10 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Andrewgame42: 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
Baba will come and free them very soon

Is it not the shithole I know??

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by SmartMugu: 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
Just a few honest questions about these herdsmen saga. I'm asking because I don't really understand their lifestyle and school of thoughts.

Where do they sleep at night since they're always with their cows? Hotels? Where then do they keep the cows while asleep? Isn't it more convenient for the owners of the cows to provide a permanent piece of land for their own cows with shelter for the herdsmen (tasked with grazing the animals and replenishing already grazed plots and keep recycling)?

Do they have homes in various states -as it appears they walk all around the nation with their cows?

Do they just sleep anywhere the night meets them and their cows? What if it rains or they get attacked by animals or someone?

How come most of the herdsmen are from one particular ethnic group? Don't other ethnic groups breed and rear cows? If they do, do they walk around the country with cows too?

Why haven't we ever heard of Igbo/Kanuri/Ijaw/and so on/Yoruba/Kalabari/etc herdsmen before? Don't they have cows in their various areas?

Of all professions, why choose to walk around the nation with cows when horses, sheep, goats, and even cows in sane nations are raised in ranches?

Why would any parent even want his/her child to grow up just walking around with cows? Dont they expect them to have their own homes eventually?

I haven't been around the herdsmen before, I only see them when I see many cows controlled by one or two men holding sticks. I naturally assumed they're just trying to deliver the cows to a reseller or something. Finding out they actually walk with cows from states to states appears barbaric to me.

Some people really have some survival tactics beyond normal human comprehension, which applies in this case, but when it hurts or hinders others, the idea is worthless. I still don't know why anyone would want to walk all around with cows from states to states. I guess it's for exercise or just their passion for cows.

I bet these young men in these pix aren't the real owners of these many cows, they are rearing them for someone. Why then can't the owner of the cows get a piece of land for his cows? After all, he gets all the profit and only pays his workers whatever they agreed on. Why achieve that at other people's expense? Isn't that parasitism - where Mr A wants to take everything from Mr B and return nothing?

What are herdsmen looking for on other people's property with their cows without the property owners' permission? Are they brainwashed to think the entire nation belongs to the actual owners of the cows? Common sense applies here - you can't find anyone walking with cows on roads, schools, other people's farms, etc in any sane nation. Why did a governor decide to allocate hectares of land that doesn't directly belong to him to harbor privately owned cows? Shouldn't the owner of the cows be responsible for creating and replenishing his range for his cows? Does he share the proceeds with other random people his cows inhibited in some ways or whose farms were destroyed while his cows were being fed?

I think there may be something more to this herdsmen thing. You won't find anyone in many western countries walking on the roads or schools with cows. All these can be contained in a piece of land the owners of the cows purchase or lease for their business. Unless the owners don't want to spend anything to maintain animals they intend to benefit from using what belongs to other people?

If you can't feed a dog or a goat on your personal property, why own them in the first place? Isn't this common sense? I think some people just intentionally disregard that word 'society' - everyone should coexist, and no one has the right to tamper with other people's peace for their personal gains at other people's detriment.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by coolie1: 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
better cut their head too oh
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
Likei:
Kill them all to send a message to that terrorist buhari
Don't kill. Just use the law to legally lock them up for a loooong time.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
tooth4tooth:
The law has come to stay and there is no going back. No amount of intimidation,bully and barbaric killings can stop it. I stand with Orton and the entire Benue people on this.
Exactly. But anyone openly carrying arms without being a security officer should be gunned down. Such a person has lost his civilian character by being armed according to the international humanitarian laws and the laws of war

10 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
Way to go..

The next headline is to see them face a firing squard.

They deserve capital punishment
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by rawtouch: 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
arrest the cows..

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by fesla: 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
I am very sure buhari will be sober 4 this.useless Fulani's

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
Buhari would not be happy o.....

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by 12submarine(m): 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
JORDAN202:

WHY ARREST THEM ?
Why not?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by ZombieBuster: 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
That's a good one

Nobody is above the law

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by MiyettiAllah: 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2018

We nor go gree!

Na we get Benue, it is part of the estate of our forefathers.

#CattleLivesMatter.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by D2DK(m): 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
I'm sure buhari will not like this news grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by obaataaokpaewu: 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
Kwakwanso go come bail these ones soon

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by ballerin(m): 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
very stubborn people.. Oga at the top will soon secure their release.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The TRUTH About Disappearing MANHOOD Exposed!!! / A Friend of Mine Received A Death Threat Sms Please Help / Man Arrested With Human Parts In Ilorin, Kwara State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.