Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

"I Became Popular Because I Never Stopped Believing In Myself" -nigerian Blogger - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "I Became Popular Because I Never Stopped Believing In Myself" -nigerian Blogger (586 Views)

10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names / Yoga Is Popular Because I Did It Says Gwyneth Paltrow / 5 Persons who became popular through Social Media In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Became Popular Because I Never Stopped Believing In Myself" -nigerian Blogger by Teniola2000: 12:09am On Feb 12, 2018
.... One certain evening in February 2016,I came home from the market, I had gone to buy tomatoes for the stew my sis would prepare that evening,it was a dry evening and the parlor, room and kitchen were a little bit warm... It's just the toilet with tiled walls that clogged up remained cold.

I got on my kneels before my bookshelf and stole glances at the Novel I was writing. .. I was half way into the novel.. I read through the first few paragraphs with hopes that I will publish it one day.. I was quiet choked with the too many procrastinations regarding the publication of that Novel... My Dad promised to publish it when I get into the University... My mum kept promising till I got tired..

A question came to my mind, if I publish this book who will read it? I remembered I had a small blog I use to put up articles in 2015..it was a kind of lifestyle and Gossip Blog anyways.. But I abandoned the blog because.. I had little knowledge about it... I got tired of writing posts just to get 20 views daily.. And about 400views monthly... I was still on the WordPress free blog platform then... I promised to start blogging again and when my blog becomes one of the big blogs in Nigeria... I will publish my blog and put it up for sale in my Blog..

I decided to start blogging afresh with the platform(February 2016).. It was hard.. It was confusing... I was so happy to make 500views in one week... My first Blog post had 6views...out of the 6 I viewed just 3..lol..i promised myself that this blog will surely grow... As long as I drew breath.... I kept writing till I started getting 500 - 800 views daily... I shared my posts on Twitter and Facebook... My friends visited... My Elder brother.. Kept yanking me for blogging for free.. He was the reason I applied for the adsense program.. .. 11 months later..

I joined Bloggers Helping Bloggers, A group filled with Nigerian Bloggers... I got to meet bloggers in the blog sphere... I became friends with Mathias Amodu (the Nicest man I have ever known in the Blog sphere), I made friends with Prosper Noah(The bro of life) Damn his services where too high for me as a student.. Each time we submitted our blogs for review.. Mine stood out.. I was always told to get a custom domain... I used www.williamsjay..com it was a very long url... Lol so I did worse by buying my domain of N1700 @ www.joelwilliamsblog.com.ng...even longer... Lol.. I had to save money to buy my domain because it was essential... I trekked home from FGC, denied my self lunch during break in school just because....i wanted my blog to be accepted... Yes! I got the domain... In October 2016..it gave me hope... It assured me of a brighter future, in November... I hired an App developer Lance... He developed my first Blog App... Sadly I haven't set it up on playstore.. I redesigned it and upgraded it myself.

Things I never did in the blog sphere.. Then was I never bougt traffic.. Bought adsense.. Paid scammers to design my blog and they end up running away with your blog, I did everything myself... I made sure my blog met with the Adsense policy before I applied and that was 10 months after my blog was created, almost a year.

In December 2016,My Blog won the Zealmat Blog of The Year and I met many new bloggers.. I became popular among Nigerian bloggers... I got recognized by Jide Ogunsanya but I never got to be on his Blog of the Week list. Because my blog was an Entertainment Blog... I made new friends, I became friends with Laila Ijeoma, Stella, Miss Petite and other bloggers.. Till now I wonder what could possibly make us enemies because we helped each other... I journeyed through 2017 jumping hurdles, coping with managing my waec and Blog... I passed my Waec and my blog still active.. I started writing articles that went Viral on the Internet even Top Blogs and News sites like: Naijaloaded, Informationng, Naij, The info, TheNet, Lailasblog, Yabaleft, Miss petite Naija... They made use of my articles... Though They did not give credits.. In all I was happy atleast they knew my blog existed and that's how I continued till I became the controversial JoelsBlog Media.. Not writing to please you... But to please those who wanted to be pleased... My posts caused chaos... I cam proudly say I am Quiet popular in some part of Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt and other cities in Nigeria.
To wrap it up, My Efforts Landed me on the Page of Mummy and I Magazine as one of the fast rising Nigerian Entrepreneurs in January 2018,its a Lagos based Magazine.. I was Encouraged to do more as I was able to start up a News company at 16! I shared my posts on whatsapp groups too... I made sure I utilized every possible means to advertise my blog and it was surely paying off... So far I thank God for Every thing... My Blog can comfortably buy my sub.. A new phone..lolz..change of clothes... With hopes to make my days in The Tertiary Institution a Better one... I love my readers... I love my friends... A BIG SHOUT OUT to Every person that contributed in one way or another to make my career as a blogger a beautiful... U all tried for me!!
So anytime soon... Expect my Novel!!
I want to thank you in particular for reading this post... It's a long read.. I really hope I inspire you...

Kindly join me and celebrate JoelsBlog 2yrs Anniversary on the 18th of February 2018.

News by Joelsblog: https://joelsblog.com.ng/the-beginning-joelsblog-media/

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: "I Became Popular Because I Never Stopped Believing In Myself" -nigerian Blogger by Joelsblog(m): 12:21am On Feb 12, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: "I Became Popular Because I Never Stopped Believing In Myself" -nigerian Blogger by dexterautonomy(m): 12:25am On Feb 12, 2018
ok
Re: "I Became Popular Because I Never Stopped Believing In Myself" -nigerian Blogger by OneCorner: 6:08am On Feb 12, 2018
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind cool
Re: "I Became Popular Because I Never Stopped Believing In Myself" -nigerian Blogger by sanity12(m): 6:56am On Feb 12, 2018
smiley
Re: "I Became Popular Because I Never Stopped Believing In Myself" -nigerian Blogger by Teniola2000: 12:35am On Feb 13, 2018
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Ishilove MissyB3
Re: "I Became Popular Because I Never Stopped Believing In Myself" -nigerian Blogger by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 13, 2018
Hmmmm. Popularity?

(1) (Reply)

Star Boy – Soco Ft. Wizkid X Terri X Spotless X Ceeza Milli (prod. By Northboi) / Leaked Video Shows 'gay Inmates' Taking Part In Prison Beauty Contest (watch) / Woman Bath Husband Penis With Acid After He Impregnated Her Best Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.