Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,723 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Why You Should Never Overtake A Truck At A Roundabout Or Risk Being Crushed - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why You Should Never Overtake A Truck At A Roundabout Or Risk Being Crushed (14568 Views)

Rare Images Of RRS Team Fixing A Broken Down Truck At Ojota - Photos / Young Lady Dies After Being Crushed In A Fatal Accident While Travelling. Photos / Man's SUV Bashed By A Truck At Emohua, Rivers, Comes Out Unhurt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Never Overtake A Truck At A Roundabout Or Risk Being Crushed by Smartii(m): 12:03pm On Feb 12, 2018
I advise people to never stay behind a truck when climbing a hill or ahead of a truck when coming down a slope, also, at corners, avoid high speed.... When over taking trucks, ensure you're honking the horn at maximum rate to awaken the driver even if asleep.
Re: Why You Should Never Overtake A Truck At A Roundabout Or Risk Being Crushed by salesforce: 1:30pm On Feb 12, 2018
Oh
Re: Why You Should Never Overtake A Truck At A Roundabout Or Risk Being Crushed by CaptainFM1: 4:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
There's a big difference between knowing how to drive and understanding what defensive driving is all about!

I used to think I'm James Bond until when I was fortunate to undergo a proper defensive driving training (DDT).

There's really a whole lot to learn when it comes to driving. It's way beyond you just moving the car from one point to the other.

I will implore everyone that hasn't done DDT to find a very good driving school to enroll...and I don't mean the road side ones.

I'm not going to advertise any school, but I can tell you, that you need more that getting behind the wheel and move. You have to have a very sound theoretical knowledge base when it comes to driving!

Driving in itself is an operation and a very risky one at that, but many see it as fun. A good DDT will highlight a whole range of dangerous scenarios for you, and you will know that you're not James Bond that you think you are.
Re: Why You Should Never Overtake A Truck At A Roundabout Or Risk Being Crushed by Jac007(m): 6:51pm On Feb 20, 2018
Gracesofar:

Not more than I do. I learnt the odd way as a teenager. Was navigating a hill with dangerous bend between igede nd iyin ekiti state. Didn't know dz trailer couldn't climb and the big for nothing was falling back. Thank God for my sensitive and smart brother who made a sharp turn with the steering and headed for the Bush. I was so shaking that day

Thank God...he does that always. He is a merciful God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many States Have You Visited In Nigeria? / LASG Announces Diversion Of Traffic On Apapa-Oshodi Expressway. / Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.