Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,298 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded (14575 Views)

Flights Grounded In Abuja Over VIPs Movement / Workers Shut Down Lagos Airport, Travellers Stranded / Major Power Failure At Manchester Airport Leaves Flights Grounded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by thegeniusmedia: 7:49am On Oct 10, 2018
Hundreds of passengers are reportedly stranded at the domestic terminal of the Murtala Muhammed Airport 2(MMA2) on Wednesday, as aviation unions carried out their shutdown threat over the sack of workers by Bi-Courtney Aviation Services Limited.

The unions involved in the shutdown are Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (ATSSSAN), the National Union of Air Transport Employees (NUATE) and the National Association of Aircraft Pilots and Engineers (NAAPE).

They disregarded a Federal High Court order granted Tuesday restraining them from disrupting the operations of the Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal Two (MMA2).

The court granted the order in the suit filed by Bi-Courtney Aviation Services Limited (BASL), operators of MMA2.

The unions had given notice that they would disrupt operations at MMA2 from today over the disengagement of some workers of BASL who they said were disengaged for their alleged attempt to join them, but who the company said had attained retirement age or were found not to be diligent in their duties.

BASL said Tuesday: “We will like to bring it to the attention of the entire public that the Federal High Court in Lagos in suit number FHC/L/CS/16412/18 has granted an order restraining the unions from carrying out their threats of disrupting the activities of the terminal. Pursuit to this order, members if the unions found in the premises of MMA2 would be liable to trespass. We reserve our right under the law of Nigeria to deal with such person as a trespasser”.

BASL also assured customers and passengers of MMA2 that they will continue having seamless access to the facility.

The statement said: “BASL is fully aware of the plan by some unions in the aviation sector to disrupt the operations of MMA2 over our decision to disengage some employees. Disengaging the ex-employees had nothing to do with unionism, as we were not aware of this. In as much as we know that the unions have the right to protest without disturbing public peace and safety, we too reserve the right to ensure that our operations and services are not interrupted in any way whatsoever”

https://www.thegeniusmedia.com.ng/2018/10/10/unions-shut-down-mma2-flights-grounded/

Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by Kwamecron(m): 7:52am On Oct 10, 2018
shocked
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by Topccy007z: 7:54am On Oct 10, 2018
As long as the dullard of daura (DOD) remains in power news like this must keep coming up

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by peacengine(m): 9:01am On Oct 10, 2018
Lawless people.
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by osabiya16(m): 10:10am On Oct 10, 2018
Money has different names !!! In church its called (offering), in school its (fee), in marriage it's called (dowry), in divorce (alimony), when you owe someone its (debt ), when you pay the government (tax), in court (fines), civil servant retirees (pension) boss to workers (salary), master to subordinates (wages), when you borrow from bank (loan), when you offer after a service (tip), to kidnappers (ransom), illegally received in the name of service (bribe). The question is "when a man gives it to his girlfriend what do we call it?? Answer

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by kennynelcon(m): 10:10am On Oct 10, 2018
Frustration!

na one Jonah dey there as passenger grin
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by Larryslim(m): 10:11am On Oct 10, 2018
Why now na?
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by midehi2(f): 10:11am On Oct 10, 2018
I hope it won't affect my passenger at int'l travelling today, hian
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by ehissi(m): 10:11am On Oct 10, 2018
Buhari is working...........Sai Barber..... angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by Austine2k: 10:12am On Oct 10, 2018

Study In London for Free - Newcastle University Fullfunded International Student Scholarship

Apply now: http://studydegreehq..com/2018/09/newcastle-university-vcgs-scholarships.html
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by yomalex(m): 10:13am On Oct 10, 2018
na wa o
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by enemyofprogress: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2018
Sai baba tongue
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by cosmatika(m): 10:14am On Oct 10, 2018
Anything to stop Buharising this shithole. This country needs Atikulation for things to move forward. Ask ur neighbor, ARE U ATIKULATED?

5 Likes

Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by grandstar(m): 10:14am On Oct 10, 2018
I wonder why they were sacked?

I'm not a fan of unions

Always seeking Utopia. rather than pragmatism.

Strong unions can make your company uncompetitive if care is not taken

The prime reason why unemployment is high in so south Africa boils down to rigid labour laws that the unions demanded. The labor market is now rigid discouraging hiring

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by stalwart123(m): 10:14am On Oct 10, 2018
Economic sabotage.

This is unacceptable!!!

embarassed
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by oluwasegun007(m): 10:15am On Oct 10, 2018
WHAT'S ALL DIZ.... MY FLIGHT IS DUE FOR 11AM today.... grin grin grin
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by Bacteriologist(m): 10:16am On Oct 10, 2018
Unionism wreaking havoc since 800BC.
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by Splasshhh(f): 10:16am On Oct 10, 2018
Wetin!
Please fly through your Mobile app
Checkout my signature for more
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by mrJeje48354: 10:17am On Oct 10, 2018

1 Like

Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:17am On Oct 10, 2018
osabiya16:
Money has different names !!! In church its called (offering), in school its (fee), in marriage it's called (dowry), in divorce (alimony), when you owe someone its (debt ), when you pay the government (tax), in court (fines), civil servant retirees (pension) boss to workers (salary), master to subordinates (wages), when you borrow from bank (loan), when you offer after a service (tip), to kidnappers (ransom), illegally received in the name of service (bribe). The question is "when a man gives it to his girlfriend what do we call it?? Answer
Maga undecided

1 Like

Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by lexy2014: 10:20am On Oct 10, 2018
osabiya16:
T-fare but in actual fact its fvck fee

3 Likes

Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by ayaside(m): 10:20am On Oct 10, 2018
Imagine missing your flight for a very important meeting because of this...
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by emmie14: 10:22am On Oct 10, 2018
osabiya16:

Are you with your senses? How is your comment related to this topic?

2 Likes

Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by adaweezy(m): 10:25am On Oct 10, 2018
Is Babalakin and Co mad

When did the federal high court have the power to adjudicate over judicial disputes.
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by osabiya16(m): 10:27am On Oct 10, 2018
emmie14:

Are you with your senses? How is your comment related to this topic?
No my senses is with you fool

How is it my my business or urs if the airport is shut down?

2 Likes

Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by Sirpaul(m): 10:31am On Oct 10, 2018
THIS IS NIGERIA.
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by ib22003(m): 10:32am On Oct 10, 2018
AJO that will not reach your turn
osabiya16:
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by dvee2: 10:33am On Oct 10, 2018
Topccy007z:
As long as the dullard of daura (DOD) remains in power news like this must keep coming up

Only a dullard like you who doesn't know Bi Courtney is a private entity.
Only a mumu like you who doesn't know Bi Courtney is a creation of OBJ PDP

1 Like

Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by pol23: 10:37am On Oct 10, 2018
Nigeria of my dream is What Australia is now.
Re: Aviation Unions Shut Down Lagos Airport, Flights Grounded by ekanDamie: 10:39am On Oct 10, 2018
midehi2:
I hope it won't affect my passenger at int'l travelling today, hian
I hope so too cos someone I know is traveling.
Even though deep down I hope it would so she can come back to me
Even though dat sounds selfish, I want her here with me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dubai, Dubai Everyday! / 13 Steps To Pay For Your International Passport Online With N9000. / Qantas Airlines Is The World’s Safest Airline For 2019.See The Top 20 Safest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.