Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,007 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. (3629 Views)

Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan / Buhari Launches Presidential Campaign Fund: Targets N7billion / Buhari Launches Presidential Campaign Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by KunleOshob(m): 9:29am On Apr 21, 2010
The Donald Duke Organisation has luanched it's website with which it intends to reach out to millions of Nigerian youth all over the world to support it's cause to restore Nigeria to greatness, to learn how you can assist please visit : http://www.donalddukeorganisation.org/

Lets join hands to make Nigeria great again cheesy

Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by KunleOshob(m): 12:11pm On Apr 21, 2010
Mmmh no reply to this post yet, i hope my people are responding and signing up to support The Duke to lead the Nigerian youth to greatness, the future belongs to the youth!
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by SkyBlue1: 12:17pm On Apr 21, 2010
Last time I checked he is still a member of PDP and PDP hasn't yet had its primaries or selected its flag bearer. Plus, I would like to know what other options there are first. I am happy he is running though, would try to see if I can work with others to push for a presidential debate before the next elections; that would be something to watch.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by vigasimple(m): 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2010
I like the man Donald Duke but his party PDP, the DO NOTHING PARTY? uhh.

Check out this guy, Ishola Balogun on youtube.

We need more progressive to come out and also debate what is it that they are going to do for this country, what it will costs, where is the money coming from, when are they going to do it. It will be nice to see projects completed within 4 years and then the longer term projects in 8 years or 10 years.

We need a visonary and direction focused leaders unlike the last Clueless non leader we have in YAR A'CLUELESS. We cannot afford to waste more time.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by Godalone(m): 1:47pm On Apr 21, 2010
Donald Duke is a nice man but he can't win Primary in PDP,he should come out in another party not PDP.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2010
I wish I could reach this guy.

I have a blue print to dislodge the PDP which has to start now and the salient bits of it I don't wish to divulge on the internet.

Only if I can reach the guy.

Anybody know how to contact him?
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by bilionaire: 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2010
That is nice but he need to stand strong.

infact i need anybody that has nice political strategy to get to me so that we can brainstorm on getting the right man at the helm of affairs.

send me a mail @ daladegbami@yahoo.com
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by violent(m): 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2010
Sky Blue:

Last time I checked he is still a member of PDP and PDP hasn't yet had its primaries or selected its flag bearer. Plus, I would like to know what other options there are first. I am happy he is running though, would try to see if I can work with others to push for a presidential debate before the next elections[b][/b]; that would be something to watch.
"

Presidential debate in Naija?
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by SkyBlue1: 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2010
violent:

"

It is not impossible, I have some ideas on how something like that (or at least a more informative campaign season) could be achieved if a lot more people got involved.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by OAM4J: 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2010
I like him, really wish he has a chance in Nigeria
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 21, 2010
violent:

"

There has been Presidential debate before

Abiola vs Tofa
babagana Kingibe vs Silvester Ugo VP debate.

There was even meant to be one in 2007, Buhar and others showed up Yar'adua chickened out.

I think we need to have a debate in the run up to 2011 elections
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by DisGuy: 3:04pm On Apr 21, 2010
Anyone thats doesnt agree to a debate should be ignored, the youth media should push for one

the problem with Duke is that he's a lightweight, his supporters are usually women, internet users and diasporan annd some nigeria who cant be bothered to vote!!
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by SkyBlue1: 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2010
Dis Guy:

Anyone thats doesnt agree to a debate should be ignored, the youth media should push for one

the problem with Duke is that he's a lightweight, his supporters are usually women, internet users and diasporan annd some nigeria who cant be bothered to vote!!

Major issue. Vehemently arguing the cause and not backing it up with your vote is indeed tantamount to all talk and no action. People really need to vote during the coming elections. The excuses of "what difference would it make" are no justification, just excuses to what is most of the time just laziness.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2010
Who is a lightweight in Nigerian Politics?

anyone and everybody who has not been nominated by the PDP or who is'nt the incumbent.

If Jonathan decides to run now in 2011 he will be a heavyweight, but if Jonathan attempted to run in 2007 as President he would have been a lightweight. If Jonathan was not VP/Acting President he would have been a mini-lightweight if he chooses to run in 2011. You can only ask yourself why is this the case.

But we know why PDP always has the upper hand in Presidential elections and they can be stopped if the opposition are serious. Unfortunately the opposition in Nigeria are'nt serious.

But with organisation and longterm planning, 2011 presents a lightweight the unique opportunity to re-write Nigeria's electoral story. I only hope someone will grab it.

Please long term planning is not forming useless alliances with a bunch of egos whose only objective in attending a political meeting is to seek a platform to pursue their personal ambition just as was the case with MEGA PARTY. Such movements should be peripherial and secondary part of the process and not the fundamentals of a political strategy.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by otokx(m): 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2010
A successful leader raises a more than successful successor. Its no longer news that Donald Duke left Cross Rivers state at the cross roads. The man in charge was truthful enough to expose the true state of affairs. Kneck deep in debts and without a life line its just payment of staff salaries.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2010
Dis Guy:

My point exactly we talk talk talk, now dat the game is changing and rigging is reduced, like i witnessed from the last FCTelectios PDP has a lot of registered members and voters professional voters who will come out and vote for a price, they go through all the trouble of registering and looking for their voters card so they can have a bargaining chip, we on the other hand just sit in the net and complain always, we wont go and trace our voters card, we will be watching DSTV on election day and once in a while flip to CNN to watch the reports and see if any violence has broken out so we can jusitfy our staying at home
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by nulldev: 4:07pm On Apr 21, 2010
mikeansy:

There has been Presidential debate before

Abiola vs Tofa
babagana Kingibe vs Silvester Ugo VP debate.

There was even meant to be one in 2007, Buhar and others showed up Yar'adua chickened out.

I think we need to have a debate in the run up to 2011 elections

Didn't OBJ and Falae have won in 99 as well? I know Atiku had one with Shinkafi for sure. I remember Atiku mentioning the pdp massive majority in the senate during that debate.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by kobikwelu(m): 4:58pm On Apr 21, 2010
reading the topic, i laf in akwa ibom, or is it calabar

oga duke, save your money (mayb its the state money that u plundered wit impunity during ur reign as governor cry cry).

leave all these praisers that would cajole u into comming out again,

as far as FEE DEE FEE is in power, the likes of duke are doomed.

abeg live your life peacefully, except  u want to frit your money into these hungry adviser/jobbers/shoe shiners
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by londoner: 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2010
I think Nigeria should depart from PDP altogether. The party is like some kind of mafia, with a few good eggs scattered within to keep the voters guessing. They cant give Nigeria what it needs, they can only give more of the same in the long run. I think the good eggs should leave and form a new political party to draw a line of demarcation between them and PDP.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by Fhemmmy: 7:22pm On Apr 21, 2010
I think this guy just have too much money to waste.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by vigasimple(m): 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2010
mikeansy:

I have a blue print to dislodge the PDP which has to start now and the salient bits of it I don't wish to divulge on the internet.

Are u on the ground in naija? if not, it may be very difficult.

Because the guy is good and tested, and has Executive experience he surely fit the bill for the future.

@ MIKEANSY,

I will try and see if I can get his contact details for you.  and I am alos looking at other candidates, anyone except PDP and maybe some uselss individuals from the other major parties.

I am also looking closely at this guy, Ishola Balogun, check him out on www.anewnigerianow.org

The downside is that he has no known political and executive experience , so we shall see.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by gbolah1(m): 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2010
I notice he has been moving close to AC member since last year. He always appear in most of the opposition function recently, He might emerge as AC flag bearer. You guys should just wait and sea. He is very close to Tinubu. And now that Atiku is no more in AC he might be the next option for AC.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by Seun(m): 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2010
Isn't this Donald Duke's Website? http://www.donaldduke.com/ ?
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by danbasco(m): 11:41pm On Apr 21, 2010
i do not think don duke should contest now. if goodluck is seeking a 2nd term, then he has the power of incumbency and all the govt mercenaries to his advantage.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by kosovo(m): 12:01am On Apr 22, 2010
This is great cheesy
I like this man . . .
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by Gekko(m): 12:40am On Apr 22, 2010
this guy wont get a penny from me, im sorry. i noticed several links asking for donations but yet no substance. why is he running, how is he going to win, what does he intend to do? his website leaves many questions unanswered.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 22, 2010
Gekko:

this guy wont get a penny from me, im sorry. i noticed several links asking for donations but yet no substance. why is he running, how is he going to win, what does he intend to do? his website leaves many questions unanswered.

The reason it leaves those questions I guess is because Presidential campaigns proper has not legally started.

The guy is being smart, he is trying to start campaigning and building structures on time without mentioning to the world the words, Presidency, election and campaign.

That is campaigning and yet not breaking the law, the man is a Lawyer by training and knows what he is doing.

Besides telling you how he will win on his website is exposing his strategy to the world. I wont take him seriously if he does that.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 22, 2010
All those talking about Donald Duke not being likely to emerge the PDP candidate and hence he has no chance are simply stuck in the status quo.

The forces of the status quo are real, institutionalised and very deep but it is not invincible. In fact telling you that they are invincible even though they have nothing progressive to offer Nigerians is part of their political strategy to remain in power. THEY ARE SIMPLY TAPPING INTO THE HOPELESSNESS THAT IS ABOUND IN THE COUNTRY.

With a well oiled campaign machinery you can launch a 36-Strategy which in truth within your Party intelligentia will be a 25-State strategy with a margin of error of + or - 3. Abiola won his elections in the 90s by winning 19 States, the next President can get elected by winning 22 States and producing just a reasonable showing in the rest.

There is no better time for a "Hope and Change" candidate in Nigerian politics than now. The PDP is stuck between the devil and deep blue sea. I have no clue why the opposition is not sensing this. But the work to dislodge the PDP has to begin now to do some things structurally in the game. Not 1 month to the election every fool will start declaring for President 2011 elections.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by KunleOshob(m): 9:33am On Apr 22, 2010
mikeansy:

Well if you log on to his website http://www.donalddukeorganisation.org/ you would find a column for feedback i guess you can post your suggestions there. Also if you searc for his name on facebook you can send a mail directly into his facebook inbox. Cheers wink
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by princekevo(m): 11:24am On Apr 22, 2010
aisha2:

My point exactly we talk talk talk, now dat the game is changing and rigging is reduced, like i witnessed from the last FCTelectios PDP has a lot of registered members and voters professional voters who will come out and vote for a price, they go through all the trouble of registering and looking for their voters card so they can have a bargaining chip, we on the other hand just sit in the net and complain always, we wont go and trace our voters card, we will be watching DSTV on election day and once in a while flip to CNN to watch the reports and see if any violence has broken out so we can jusitfy our staying at home
Simple, but a hard true.
Seeing Duke's performance as a governor is enough motivation for any Nigerian who sick for change to throw 100% support on him. If Nigerians acts like other country's citizens, who are the PDP's that we can silence them.

Donald Duke for now is the only person that deserve my vote. I wouldn't mind flying down jst to cast that one vote for him.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by banom(m): 1:34pm On Apr 22, 2010
princekevo:

Simple, but a hard true.
Seeing Duke's performance as a governor is enough motivation for any Nigerian who sick for change to throw 100% support on him. If Nigerians acts like other country's citizens, who are the PDP's that we can silence them.

Donald Duke for now is the only person that deserve my vote. I wouldn't mind flying down jst to cast that one vote for him.

Duke is a dream come through for our society, I can afford to sell my QX 56 to support him. He should boldly come out, The PDP big weight and silly zoning formula is rubish , my only fear is that Nigerian masses are too timid to exercise and defend their franchise.
Re: Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. by KunleOshob(m): 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2010
To all of those who think PDP is indispensable, you are in for a rude shock the party is already falling apart  grin

[size=16pt]PDP Crisis Deepens[/size]

•Masari, Nnamani: We won’t honour invitation •I can’t be distracted, says Ogbulafor •Adamawa State chapter, NWC at war over Atiku •At last, NEC to meet Tuesday
From Chuks Okocha in Abuja, 04.22.2010

The crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) seems to be deepening. Two prominent leaders of the party and members of PDP Reform Forum, Senator Ken Nnamani and Hon. Aminu Bello Masari, summoned to appear before the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) today for alleged anti-party activities, have said they would not honour the invitation.
They said they had not been properly invited, explaining that they cannot be summoned through the newspapers.

Meanwhile, the NWC rose from its meeting yesterday in Abuja with a directive to all its state branches to admit former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar and his supporters back to the party. But in Adamawa State, controversy continued to dog Atiku’s re-entry as the state PDP said it has banned him from returning to the party for now.
PDP had summoned members of the Reform Group to appear before NWC at noon today for moving to oust the party’s National Chairman Prince Vincent Ogbulafor.

Apart from Masari and Nnamani, among those summoned to appear are former Senate President Adolphus Wabara, ex-Rivers State Governor Peter Odili and his former Imo State counterpart Achike Udenwa as well as former presidential aspirant, Owelle Rochas Okorocha.
The party was apparently toeing the line of governors elected on its platform, which on Monday condemned those moving against Ogbulafor.
And taking issues with the PDP Reform Group last night, Ogbulafor said he would not be distracted by the antics of those plotting to remove him from office.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=171605

Duke would contest on his own merit, he doesn't need PDP.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Azeez Adeduntan Oyo State 2011 The Man That Want To Give Back To Nigeria / We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses / Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.