Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:09 AM

OMG! How Will I Manage A Valentine That Falls On Ash Wednesday? (images) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OMG! How Will I Manage A Valentine That Falls On Ash Wednesday? (images) (440 Views)

Today Is Ash Wednesday; Beginning Of Lent / Insecurity: Catholics In Nigeria To Wear Black Outfits On Ash Wednesday / Meaning Of Ash Wednesday And Why Anglicans Celebrate It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OMG! How Will I Manage A Valentine That Falls On Ash Wednesday? (images) by Africlegend: 6:36am On Feb 12, 2018
OMG! How Will I Manage a Valentine that Falls on Ash Wednesday?

Chocolate and Ashes this year? Sex and Fast this year? This year's val might turn out green. For young girls, who have fixed the very first necking. Everyone should be crazy on Valentine's Day afterall. Even broke niggas are working themselves out, to afford a hotel room, where boobs would fly and innocent looking girls burst out in cries. You wanna buy your babe Chocolate and ice cream, right? Some ladies would even eat Shawarma for the first time. Those, who are used to protected sex would damn the condoms, no risk is too much for love on Valentine. So many first lips click, first hugs, first romance and all that. You just mentioned Valentine Pregnancies and babies? Don't be a naught! So many gifts on Valentine's Day. Roses, candies, frames and cards would hie around. It has been just like that for a long time!

Ash Wednesday, on the other hand, is one of the holiest days for christians. A day faithfuls are expected to fast and mull over the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross. Christians (catholics especially) would wear ashes on their foreheads, a reminder of our nothingness, to demonstrate, that we are all mortals and we shall return to dust some day. On Wednesday of the ash, we are expected to hold off meat. We are to slip those things we do for bliss and buzzz, those things that do the trick. But, now that the two shifts fall on thesame day, what happens? How best will I manage a single day of feasts and mourning? How can we eat chocolate while we think of our own death? Should we go to Church in the morning and end up in the club? How would you wear ash and still satisfy your boo in bed? Would you party all day and ignore the darkness? Would you fast, pray all day and not make merry? All those sex twists we've got the knack of, all those Val parties in town. Should we divide the day in two? Would you do only the kissing and not sex? Would you do only the pre-intimacy and not chew the Willey?

The last time I checked, Valentine was not even meant for all the things we do.All those make her cry anal rampage. All those partying and dancing, drinking and flirting. It was meant for the come to play of genuine love. A tie-in between the Rich and the poor, the mammoth and the small, the powerful and the vulnerable, the governors and the governed. It is a day to celebrate the love between parents and children, Husbands and wives, the sick and the healthy. Anyways, I've got plans for the day. I'll visit the Church very early to wear ashes, I'll download a Bible app on my phone and read some verses. I'll play the guitar too, fast in my own way and pray.

Ayeni Faith Damilola is a writer, public speaker and eulogist. faithdamilolaayeni@yahoo.com

Re: OMG! How Will I Manage A Valentine That Falls On Ash Wednesday? (images) by juanjo2: 6:44am On Feb 12, 2018
in the morning you go apply your ash or late evening, before then you go don buy gift, then Valentine will now take over till mama's call.
Note: pls no give that gal any yeye ash Wednesday excuse at all, because even on Sunday's after church she dey come give you something grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Of God Who Is So Concern About His Members Making Heaven / Christians Are Idol Worshipers By Femi Aribisala / I Am A Pianist And I Need A Church To Play For.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.