Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

17 Great Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read More Than Ten Times - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 17 Great Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read More Than Ten Times (952 Views)

20 Great Books That Will Surely Change Your Life / Great Books At Affordable Prices / 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Great Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read More Than Ten Times by madeafricans: 11:07am On Feb 12, 2018
You surely know it’s going to be difficult for you to become successful without books, emphasis on 'Difficult', I didn't say impossible I just said difficult. Hard work and perseverance are good but you don't have to persevere and work your ass off to be successful, and only talent isn't going to get you to where you want to be.

That is why I have learnt the importance of reading books and have come to love them. From books my mentors and other great men and women who have walked this planet can tell me the best and most effective way to pursue my dreams without making much mistakes.

I am a real book-nerd meaning I have read 100 of books, right now I read up to 3-4 books every month and I know that is kind of small but this is because I am a really busy person, and no matter how busy I am in a day I can hardly stay a whole day without opening a book.

So for those of my friends that don't read books and for other friends that read a lot of books and are still looking for other great books they want to add to their library, I will be recommending a list of my best books for every aspiring and made entrepreneur. I am assuring you that I have read all the books I will recommend in this post and they have changed my life, helped me start my business right, and also helped me to stop a few bad habits and get rid of an addiction.

Each of the books has the potential to change your life and your business for the better, and I will also like to tell you that some of the books are affiliate links linking to the particular products. You just have to click on the images.

BELIEVE YOU CAN BY JOHN MASON

1. BELIEVE YOU CAN-THE POWER OF A POSITIVE ATTITUDE BY JOHN MASON

This was where my journey of reading great books actually began, and I have never felt as motivated as I did after the first day I picked up this book to read. This book opened my mind to endless possibilities.

In this book John mason tells you that believing in yourself is the first step to being successful. This book is both inspirational and practical, encouraging us to approach life with optimism and the assurance that they are meant for great things.

THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON BY GEORGE SAMUEL CLASON

2. THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON BY GEORGE SAMUEL CLASON

This is another one of the best books I have read in my life. It should also be in one of my top 10. I got this book from a friend and I really underestimated this book when I got it, I thought it was just a novel at first and later when I found out it wasn't I started wondering what I could actually learn from a book that talked about ancient Babylon.

After reading the first 10 pages I was definitely hooked. In this book you get to travel back in time with George S. Clason to ancient Babylon which used to be the richest city in the world back then. You get to learn financial advice through a collection of parables and also from their experiences in seeing business opportunities and managing household finance.

3. THINK AND GROW RICH BY NAPOLEON HILL.

Think and grow rich is one of the most inspirational and powerful books ever written. This books contains basic principles that can be applied anywhere in the world to leverage your dreams into reality.

This book draws stories from a lot of successful millionaires like Andrew Carnegie, Thomas Edison, and Henry Ford and even a lot of millionaires from this our present generation to illustrate his principles. This books also contains 100 of quotes from this successful people which you can use as an edge on your journey to creating your success.

4. GOALS BY BRIAN TRACY.

This awesome book will teach you how to set good goals and how to achieve them faster. In this book I learnt principles and laws like the laws of momentum, inertia and probability and how anyone can use them to set open doors and opportunities as far as you know how this laws work.

This book is based on Brian Tracy's more than 40 years of research and experience. This book presents a practical, proven strategy for creating and meeting goals that has been used by over 1 million people including me to achieve extraordinary things in life, all using simple languages and real-life examples. He explains how to do the crucial work of determining one's strengths, values and true goals.

5. HOW LIFE WORKS BY ANDREW MATTHEWS.

This is by far the best book I have ever read. If you have no idea what the law of attraction is and how it works, then I recommend this book to you.

This book tells you the major role the law of attraction plays in your life. How you attract both the negative and positive things into your life, why bad things continuously happen to some good people and why some people always get their way in life even when we label them as bad people. This book explains how to get what you want in life, it’s not about what you know, who you know, but about how you feel.

TALENT IS NEVER ENOUGH BY JOHN C. MAXWELL.

6. TALENT IS NEVER ENOUGH BY JOHN C. MAXWELL.

If you know you are talented but you think you are not living up to your potential, then I recommend this book to you. You can be really talented in what you do and never reach your full potential, or you can end up having both the talent and the potential.

In this book you will learn that it's what you learn after you have the talent that really makes a difference. You will also read about some authentic examples and tested quotes and words of wisdom. You will learn why talent is meaningless without action, and how to become a talent-plus person by building 13 very important character traits.

HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE BY DALE CARNEGIE.

7. HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE BY DALE CARNEGIE.

This book is a classic, and I really enjoyed it. It's one book I didn't want to read at first when I saw the date it was originally published-1937, and I thought most of the principles that would be taught in the book were probably outdated. But this book is worth every second you put into reading to it, because it based on the principles involved in being likable, persuasive, and influential leader.

From this book, you will learn how to avoid criticizing, complaining or condemning others, how to praise others for their achievements, be empathetic, encourage people to talk about themselves, know when to use suggestions instead of orders and so many more.

RICH DAD POOR DAD BY ROBERT T. KIYOSAKI.

8. RICH DAD POOR DAD BY ROBERT T. KIYOSAKI.

This is another great read. This was the first book that opened my mind and made me start dreaming about being an entrepreneur. In this book you will learn the difference between assets and liabilities. You will also learn reasons why you should get assets instead of liabilities.

In this book, Robert Kiyosaki will change the way you think about money, with perspectives that often contradicts conventional wisdom. This book will teach you what to teach your kids about money for their future financial success, and also show parents why they can't rely on the school system to teach their kids about money.

9. HOW TO SELL ANYTHING TO ANYBODY BY JOE GIRARD.

Every entrepreneur needs to learn how to sell, and what better way is there than reading a book written by the World's Guinness book of Record - Greatest Sales Man. This man made a fortune selling cars and later put all he had learnt from decades of selling into this book. This books was written with love and contains almost every method Joe Girard uses to sell his cars to customers.

Joe Girard shares the system of salesmanship that has made him a renowned success in his field. He didn't have a degree from any great schools or get any certificate from any sales training agencies but he learned by being in the trenches everyday that nothing replaces old-fashioned salesmanship. I believe this book has helped millions of people change the way they think about sales, and it can also help you too.

10. WHO MOVED MY CHEESE BY DOCTOR SPENCER JOHNSON.

This awesome book tells a story that has a hidden meaning about why we should all deal with unexpected change and keep moving in life. This book was distributed to the employees by the managers in the pharmaceutical company I work in, and that was how I came in contact with the book.

This books tells the amusing and enlightening story of four characters who live in a maze and looks for cheese to nourish their selves. Cheese in this story is a metaphor for anything you want to have in this life, while the maze is basically life. In the story the characters deal with unexpected changes and eventually one of them accepts the change and his life gets better.

AWAKE THE GIANT WITHIN BY TONY ROBBINS.

11. AWAKE THE GIANT WITHIN BY TONY ROBBINS.

This is book that I believe should be forced into the hands of everyone in the world. If everyone could read this book for 15 minutes every day then the world will surely be a better place. This book teaches you how to be happy and live your life to the fullest.

Anthony Robbins teaches you how to take control of your life, shows you his most effective strategies and techniques for mastering your emotions, your body, your relationships, your finances and almost every aspect of your life.

AS A MAN THINKETH BY JAMES ALLEN.

12. AS A MAN THINKETH BY JAMES ALLEN.

I knew I would enjoy this book before I even picked it up to read because I always enjoy books about the power of thoughts. In this book James Allen shows us that the mind guides our footsteps as we progress along the pathway of life.

He shows us how we can live a good life by having a pure mind, and how having a defiled thought or impurity in our thought can lead to a defiled life, a defiled body and sickness, and also affect the environment in which we live in.

THE SEVEN HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE BY STEPHEN.R. COVEY

13. THE SEVEN HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE BY STEPHEN.R. COVEY

This book is a masterpiece and one I really enjoyed reading. In this book, Stephen.R.Covey tells us 7 habits that can make a person more effective in this person life, business life and also in his family. In this book he also shows us how to build healthy relationships that are key to an effective life.

In this book, I learnt how to accept change and get on with your life and keep moving forward no matter what. I learnt how to make long term plans for my life and forget about the short things that don't last. I also learnt how to prioritize and have a winning mindset anytime I want to pursue a particular goal.

13. I WILL TEACH YOU TO BE RICH BY RAMIT SETHI.

The name and cover of this book are really attractive, but don't read this book expecting to find some fast way or simple way to make billions off whatever currency your country uses because you will be really disappointed. But this is a book everyone should read, this book will give you financial wisdom on how you can use whatever amount of money you make now and create a simple budget, save your money, and grow your money.

This book contains a complete practical approach that can be used in any country and economy. In this book Sethi talks about the four pillars of personal Finance- banking, saving, budgeting and investing and also the wealth building ideas of personal entrepreneurship. In this book you will learn how to be thrifty and both spend more on what you love and also how to negotiate like an Indian.

14. GIFTED HANDS BY BEN CARSON.

This wonderful book tells the story of Ben Carson and how he went from being a dull kid with poor school grades and little motivation to being the director of neurosurgery at John Hopkins University Hospital. In this book, Ben Carson carries us on a journey of how he made some successful surgeries that made headlines round the world. My favorite was the separation of the Siamese twins joined at the back of the head.

Ben Carson also explains the role his hardworking mother played in his success. To cut the story short, Ben Carson's story inspires us all to know we can be successful even with humble beginnings.

MARKETING SECRETS BY PETER SPALTON.

15. MARKETING SECRETS BY PETER SPALTON.

I forced myself to pick up this book at first because I knew the importance of knowing about marketing before you can start your business. You may have enough money to hire a professional marketing team, but it will be more difficult to control them if you don't know the basics of marketing. Marketing is also one of the skills an entrepreneur requires in running a successful business.

In this book Peter covered all the basics involved in marketing a business or brand like how to target you market for a particular niche or market and why you should do that, and also how you should use memorable publicity to build market interests.

HOW THEY STARTED BY DAVID LESTER.

16. HOW THEY STARTED BY DAVID LESTER.

This books comes in three versions, I have read two and I am still planning on ordering the third online. In each of the books, David tell stories of how 25 major brands we now know worldwide came to have the reputation they now do, and most of all these brands were started by normal people like you and me who had big dreams.

This book contains inspirational success stories ranging from retail and gaming to social media and the restaurant business. How They Started relives the humble beginnings of companies such as Coca-Cola and Disney, Google and Twitter and many more. The stories were gotten through personal interviews with key sources including founders, investors and past employees.

MY BIG IDEA: 30 SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEURS REVEAL HOW THEY FOUND INSPIRATION BY RACHEL BRIDGE.

17. MY BIG IDEA: 30 SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEURS REVEAL HOW THEY FOUND INSPIRATION BY RACHEL BRIDGE.

This book is similar to HOW THEY STARTED by DAVID LESTER, but I prefer this one because Rachel Bridge is a very good story writer. In this book Rachel goes deep to write what really inspired the owners of this companies to start these companies in the first place, and she also writes the personal philosophy of each of the entrepreneurs in this book.

This book explains how 30 successful entrepreneurs turned their dreams into reality. They tell how they decided to do what they do, how they got capital and how they went about it. It also reveals their doubts, mistakes, and frustrations encountered along the way. It explains how these individuals overcame their difficulties and turned a dream into a commercially viable reality.

Get the full post with pictures at

http://www.madeafricans.com/2018/02/17-great-books-for-entrepreneur.html

Re: 17 Great Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read More Than Ten Times by duroc(m): 11:15am On Feb 12, 2018
Awesome..
Re: 17 Great Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read More Than Ten Times by Donald3d(m): 11:54am On Feb 12, 2018
Cool. I have read some of them , my favorite is Think And Grow Rich
Re: 17 Great Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read More Than Ten Times by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 12, 2018
This is very good. my question is this: what do you think about reading e books? Does it discourage reading unlike hard copies?

I don't usually go far when reading e-books.
Re: 17 Great Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read More Than Ten Times by adekalumichael: 2:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
Perspectives:
This is very good. my question is this: what do you think about reading e books? Does it discourage reading unlike hard copies?

I don't usually go far when reading e-books.

Reading e-book has it's advantages but if you really want to read especially if you love highlighting points that you can easily refer to quickly, hard copy is good. People appreciate books when they see it on your book shelf and you could give it out as gift too.

Those books itemized by OP here are my best cakes when I started reading. Meanwhile, OP forgets to include one of Donald J. Trump's books on investment.
Re: 17 Great Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read More Than Ten Times by bellville: 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2018
Nice. Thanks to op for this post. Check my siggy for these books. Prompt delivery to your doorstep.
Re: 17 Great Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read More Than Ten Times by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:52am On Feb 14, 2018
bible is d best of all. once u understand some mysteries in dat book, u will make money effortlessly and have no added sorrow 2 it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

8 Legal Documents Every Nigerian Business Should Have / Students With Great Business Ambition / Brand New 52 Week Coaching Program Lessons With Coaching Program Sales Letter .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.