Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,475 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story (35031 Views)

Eniola Adenuga And Damilola Fight Over Athena, Their Child’s Custody / Niyi Makanjuola Of Caverton Is Behind Visionscape - Feyi Fawehinmi Investigates / Why Aliko Dangote Is Bad For Nigeria - Feyi Fawehinmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by lexy2014: 8:45pm On Feb 12, 2018
desreek9:

Sir believe me when i tell u, from my point of view they r not right
what's ur point of view?can u support it with facts?these are allegations and counter accusations flying around. U can't just say "from my point of view, they r not right" without supporting ur statement with facts. Are u speaking from a stand point of knowledge or from a stand point of sentiments?

1 Like

Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 12, 2018
Paddy 1 Feyi 1 in Sir Shina Peters voice
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by miqos02(m): 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2018
LordKO:
The Feyi of a guy has limited knowledge about project finance funding. Understanding will always remain superior to knowingness.
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by Follygunners: 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2018
Suko110:

Nicely back facts, I strongly agree and concur to the fact that most of our problem if not all are man made .
I salute you sir .

Sir, these guys' selfish interest in the Oil are the major reasons behind the poor power supply so we can be heavily reliant on Oil to fuel our immediate power generation.

This also caused serious issues during the late 1880s Industrial Revolution in the U.S. Rockefeller, (The richest man in the world during the time) owned Standard Oil which basically everyone and everything depended on for power till.... electricity got invented.

Rockefeller played lots of politics with the gov't (whom he single-handedly put in power) not to grant Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla the needed patent to operate commercially.

Now, just imagine how the progress of humanity could have been sabotaged, regressed and cut-short as a result of that. It's soo sad, we're still stuck in those ages while our fellow counterparts have long progressed. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by Mayflowa(m): 9:09pm On Feb 12, 2018
desreek9:
I expected Paddy to ignore all these people talking cos of envy, who wudnt want to ride on their fathers wealth to achieve something greater for themselves. These are pained and envious set of people that dont deserve attention simple.

I follow these guy on twitter and i tell you, he doesnt talk or should i say type like all these rich spoilt brats, he connotes intelligence which is very very rare.

But you can't say economist and journalists shouldn't talk about multimillionaire dollars business man in Nigeria. Nigerians don't even do well in preying into the lives of high net worth citizens.
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by Suko110(m): 9:16pm On Feb 12, 2018
Follygunners:

Sir, these guys' selfish interest in the Oil are the major reasons behind the poor power supply so we can be heavily reliant on Oil to fuel our immediate power generation.

This also caused serious issues during the late 1880s Industrial Revolution in the U.S. Rockefeller, (The richest man in the world during the time) owned Standard Oil which basically everyone and everything depended on for power till.... electricity got invented.

Rockefeller played lots of politics with the gov't (whom he single-handedly put in power) not to grant Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla the needed patent to operate commercially.

Now, just imagine how the progress of humanity could have been sabotaged, regressed and cut-short as a result of that. It's soo sad, we're still stuck in those ages while our fellow counterparts have long progressed. undecided

May God continue to bless late president umaru yaradua who tried to diversify the economy, I have cm to a conclusion that
1. We need to restructure
2. We need to diversify our economy
3. We need to end the monopoly of oil, cement and many more for this country to move forward else , division is eminent

1 Like

Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by Ugosample(m): 9:18pm On Feb 12, 2018
Envy and hate is the bane of the black man
That's all I have to say
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by Follygunners: 9:25pm On Feb 12, 2018
Suko110:

May God continue to bless late president umaru yaradua who tried to diversify the economy, I have cm to a conclusion that
1. We need to restructure
2. We need to diversify our economy
3. We need to end the monopoly of oil, cement and many more for this country to move forward else , division is eminent

Very Correct! The good ones never last. The Cabals have a BIG, BIG strangle-hold of the 9ja economy. God help us. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by BanevsJoker(m): 9:28pm On Feb 12, 2018
Ugosample:

That's all I have to say
You're wrong. It's actually willful ignorance. Not knowing, refusal to admit not knowing, and refusal to learn/know.
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by cbrass(m): 10:07pm On Feb 12, 2018
desreek9:

Sir believe me when i tell u, from my point of view they r not right

What do you know sef, what is even your point of view. This is how we keep praising people that eat us dry and we hip all the blame on government. Do you know how these billionaires live fat on our money? Don't let me go into that of dangote and is shady deals. Guys like this are locked up in sane countries If caught, but that won't happen here in naija because of people like u
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by zomby(m): 10:44pm On Feb 12, 2018
@Feyi:
Paddy has presented his story...why can’t you go and purchase your own chevron

What a silly fool..”Agbaya”!!!

I hate folks that go out of their way to look for anything negative to cling on to...
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by jaxxy(m): 11:08pm On Feb 12, 2018
desreek9:
I expected Paddy to ignore all these people talking cos of envy, who wudnt want to ride on their fathers wealth to achieve something greater for themselves. These are pained and envious set of people that dont deserve attention simple.

I follow these guy on twitter and i tell you, he doesnt talk or should i say type like all these rich spoilt brats, he connotes intelligence which is very very rare.

I don't doubt his intelligence bt looking at the precedent of his dad it's best not be quick to assume. Secondly glo's management style and standard of practice doesn't exactly inspire for a company/multinational of its stature. I don't know him so have nothing against him just wana be objective with facts
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by LaudableXX: 11:08pm On Feb 12, 2018
LordKO:
The Feyi of a guy has limited knowledge about project finance funding. Understanding will always remain superior to knowingness.
Exactly. You hit the nail on the head.
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 11:54pm On Feb 12, 2018
desreek9:

how u no go follow am on Twitter who no like better thing
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by Organs(m): 12:00am On Feb 13, 2018
desreek9:

Nonsense talk... Why dont you show proof of your claim. He was accussed of attempting to use tax payers money to buy a private firm for himself. Please show proof that this is not the case and not just blabing of how people are envious of him. We hail people in Nigeria while they steal us dry....
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by LaudableXX: 12:34am On Feb 13, 2018
Organs:
Nonsense talk... Why dont you show proof of your claim. He was accussed of attempting to use tax payers money to buy a private firm for himself. Please show proof that this is not the case and not just blabing of how people are envious of him. We hail people in Nigeria while they steal us dry....
He did not use taxpayers money to fund his proposed acquisition. The facts are all in public domain. The funds were sourced abroad, through investment bankers in the UK and US. None of the funds came from taxpayer's money in Nigeria. The Feyi Fawehinmi guy goofed big time, on this one!
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by LaudableXX: 12:36am On Feb 13, 2018
Mayflowa:
But you can't say economist and journalists shouldn't talk about multimillionaire dollars business man in Nigeria. Nigerians don't even do well in preying into the lives of high net worth citizens.
But when such economists and journalists talk, they should do so using cold hard facts, and not mere conjecture or falsehood like Fawehinmi has just done. Don't you think so?
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by lexy2014: 12:54am On Feb 13, 2018
Boss13:
Very typical of Nigerians. We celebrate mediocrity. Paddy has earned celebrity and entrepreneur status by failing to acquire a company. Whilst in the US, people of his wealth and family connection category are counting their portfolio
bros I agree with u totally on this. When d whole acquiring chevron story broke,I checked d dudes twitter. 2 my amazement, almost all d folks who Twitted were simply making ass kissing & ass licking statesments. And I was like how do u celebrate a guy who failed just cos he mentioned chevron, millions of dollars and he is adenugas son and we fail 2 celebrate d small scale businesses who thrive & add value everyday?
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by lexy2014: 12:59am On Feb 13, 2018
NothingDoMe:
He isn't actually matured. A true business man does not post how he almost bought so so and so but failed. It's not envy it is reality. Can he put that in his CV or business profile?

He should focus on business and stop looking for Twitter ratings with almost purchases. Almost doesn't count.
just check d guys Twitter account 2c how Nigerians were falling head over heels 2 ass kiss paddy 4 trying to buy chevron

1 Like

Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by NothingDoMe: 1:00am On Feb 13, 2018
lexy2014:
just check d guys Twitter account 2c how Nigerians were falling head over heels 2 ass kiss paddy 4 trying to buy chevron
That is just what he intended to achieve. Twitter businessman.
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by jhubril(m): 5:54am On Feb 13, 2018
Ugosample:

That's all I have to say

That's all the average Nigerian is good at.
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by Belafonte(m): 7:53am On Feb 13, 2018
desreek9:

It is very dangerous to leave lies against your person go unattended and uncorrected especially for such a high profile individual in business. Reputation is very, very important in business.

A lie told often enough begins to look like truth. Shoot down all lies.
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 13, 2018
Our inability of unmarry sentiment from important issues like this will be the death of us.

A lot of people don't understand the gravity of what Feyi is saying. Loans taken by wealthy businessmen over the years and have gone bad have been taken caren of by our government with taxpayers money.

Paddy Adenuga's story is more of the same rash, irrational decision making characteristic of businessmen who know the government has got their backs.

No one lied against him. Feyi's piece is an opinion. A very objective one at that.

Read the full piece by Feyi before you guys start trying to kill the messenger. The rich use out own useless governments to prey on us routinely. Most people here aspire to such wealthy, opulent
lives so these rich people can do no wrong.

Little do you understand that much of our economic problems stem from unhealthy partnerships between our billionaires and the FG.

1 Like

Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by LaudableXX: 7:57pm On Feb 13, 2018
lexy2014:
bros I agree with u totally on this. When d whole acquiring chevron story broke,I checked d dudes twitter. 2 my amazement, almost all d folks who Twitted were simply making ass kissing & ass licking statesments. And I was like how do u celebrate a guy who failed just cos he mentioned chevron, millions of dollars and he is adenugas son and we fail 2 celebrate d small scale businesses who thrive & add value everyday?

Every story about failure carries a valuable or important lesson in it, to prevent you from making the same mistakes which led to that failure, again. sad When will Nigerians get it? Success stories are sweet, but stories of failure are important. That is why other countries that were in the same bracket with Nigeria 40 - 50 years ago, have become 10 times more developed than Nigeria. They learnt from their failure, but we didn't! angry
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by lexy2014: 1:43pm On Feb 15, 2018
LaudableXX:

Every story about failure carries a valuable or important lesson in it, to prevent you from making the same mistakes which led to that failure, again. sad When will Nigerians get it? Success stories are sweet, but stories of failure are important. That is why other countries that were in the same bracket with Nigeria 40 - 50 years ago, have become 10 times more developed than Nigeria. They learnt from their failure, but we didn't! angry
am not saying people don't learn from failure. Am only saying that we if d story wasn't about paddy adenuga, who would have cared?d object of purchase, chevron, now made d whole thing look like a blockbuster and folks couldn't resist. If d story was about an obscure dude who failed at setting up a phone repair kiosk, am sure we wouldn't b saying we learn from failure. By d way, which countries were at d same level with Nigeria 40-50years ago and have now become 10times more developed than Nigeria?
Re: Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story by LaudableXX: 2:53pm On Feb 15, 2018
lexy2014:
am not saying people don't learn from failure. Am only saying that we if d story wasn't about paddy adenuga, who would have cared?d object of purchase, chevron, now made d whole thing look like a blockbuster and folks couldn't resist. If d story was about an obscure dude who failed at setting up a phone repair kiosk, am sure we wouldn't b saying we learn from failure. By d way, which countries were at d same level with Nigeria 40-50years ago and have now become 10times more developed than Nigeria?

Yes, I agree. undecided The attraction was about the object of purchase - Chevron Netherlands, and to a lesser extent, Paddy Adenuga. The truth is that if the story had been about Paddy trying to set up a phone company in Lagos, and failing to achieve that aim, we would not have been interested. sad But the international dimension of the story, was what gave it, its' peculiar appeal.

As for countries that were at the same level with Nigeria 40 - 50 years ago, but are now more developed, let me leave you with these stories by Prof. Pat Utomi and E J Alozie-Nwagbaoso;

Where are Nigeria's elders? By Pat Utomi | Date Published: 10/14/09

The case with Ghana is also particularly sad because it appears as though history is repeating itself for the third time. Let me explain. In the early 70s, Nigeria's Head of State, General Gowon was reported by the press as saying money was not Nigeria's problem, but how to spend it. Thereafter he gave out interest free loans to the Caribbean nation of Grenada to pay its workers.

Today, Nigeria has difficulty paying its own worker and Grenada which we used to dole out funds to now has a per capita income of $11,500 which is five times that of Nigeria. This act was a historical replay of that of Malaysia, which in the 50s came to Nigeria cap in hand to get palm oil seedlings, and used these seedlings it got from Nigeria, to start plantations that produce palm oil which helped push its economy in the 70s and 80s to the global forefront, and eventually became the world's largest producer of palm oil, and (wait for it) has in the 2000s been exporting palm oil to Nigeria!

Now both President Obasanjo and General Abacha during their time in office gave out huge sums to Ghana as either loans or gifts, and today, Ghana has celebrated multiple years of uninterrupted power supply while we are producing electricity at par with Ghana even when we have about eight times their population. This is the third instance in this pattern of history repeating itself from Malaysia , to Grenada to Ghana , all using gifts from Nigeria as stepping stones to national greatness while Nigeria retrogresses.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://pointblanknews.com/artopn1859.html

A Call to Action:Nigerian Youths Must Seek Participation in Politics | Written by EJ-AlozieNwagbaoso |

For an example, Nigeria and Singapore were at par GDP wise, HDI wise, Unemployment wise and had the same third world status, in the 60s. In the early 60s, Singapore was importing water from Malaysia. Singapore has not a single thing, natural resources wise, while Nigeria has everything and is the 7th largest oil producer in the world. 6 decades down the road:
• Per Capita: $3,416 (Nigeria) – $55,182 (Singapore);
• HDI: 0.504, 152nd (Nigeria) – 0.901, 9th (Singapore);

While Singapore’s economy is heavily diversified, Nigeria’s is still heavily dependent on oil. Nigeria, in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s was marred by a lot of military dictators who cared very little about development but were busy instituting corruption, committing human rights abuses and siphoning money to private accounts abroad.

Nigeria, despite her oil wealth and days of oil booms, failed to economically develop, diversify; and cater for her people. Nigeria still ranks so high in terms of low quality healthcare, low standard of living, infrastructural crisis, poverty, corruption, unemployment, inequality; has not been able to industrialize; and has one of the least HDIs in the world; despite being the highest economy in Africa and the largest oil producer in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Since 1965, Singapore has developed rapidly, earning recognition as one of the Four Asian Tigers. It places highly in international rankings with regard to education, healthcare, and economic competitiveness. The Singaporean economy is known as one of the freest, most innovative, most competitive, and most business-friendly. The 2013 Index of Economic Freedom ranks Singapore as the second freest economy in the world, behind Hong Kong. According to the Corruption Perceptions Index, Singapore is consistently ranked as one of the least corrupt countries in the world, along with New Zealand and the Scandinavian countries. Singapore is the 14th largest exporter and the 15th largest importer in the world. http://hibe-online.com/a-call-to-actionnigerian-youths-must-seek-participation-in-politics/

Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia are the countries I referred to. sad Yeah, I guess I exaggerated by saying they were 10 times more developed, but truly they are way ahead of Nigeria, in so many areas, especially when you look at a country like Singapore which has one of the best transport systems around.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Says Apapa-oshodi Road Will Last For 40 Years When Completed / Isyaku Rabiu Is Dead. / Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.