Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Lagos State Government Has Approved The Extension Of Oshodi – Int’l Airport Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Government Has Approved The Extension Of Oshodi – Int’l Airport Road (416 Views)

Video Of Buhari Announcing The Extension Of Lockdown In Lagos, Ogun And FCT / Buhari Approved The Release Of National Stadium, Surulere To Lagos State / Pictures From The Lagos Reconstruction Of 10-lane Oshodi-int’l Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Lagos State Government Has Approved The Extension Of Oshodi – Int’l Airport Road by alphonsojaybaz: 4:14am On Feb 13, 2018
LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT HAS APPROVED THE EXTENSION OF OSHODI – INT’L AIRPORT ROAD RECONSTRUCTION
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/02/lagos-state-government-has-approved.html

Eyes of Lagos gathered that, The Lagos State Government on Monday approved the extension of the ongoing reconstruction of the International Airport Road to Ladipo International Market axis along Oshodi Apapa Expressway. The state Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, who disclosed this during inspection of ongoing projects across the state, said the extension was to complement the Airport Road reconstruction in line with the regeneration of the entire Oshodi axis. He said, “There is no point doing the Airport Road if we don’t extend that contract to where I am standing here and so I want to do it from Oshodi to Guardian Newspapers axis; I want to rehabilitate the road and turn it to a modern road. The only way I can do it also is if you don’t do any trading on the road. “I promise you I will also do a Pedestrian Bridge at Toyota Bus Stop. So, the contractor that is doing the Airport Road will commence work on the Pedestrian Bridge and this road next week if you allow me. That is why I have come here personally; I was here yesterday. I don’t want to inconvenience you but I have come to appeal to you; just be patience with us; we will bring growth and development to this place.” Ambode, who also inspected ongoing construction of roads around Ladipo International Auto Spare Parts Market, called on traders to leave the road to enable the contractor complete the projects. The Governor expressed concern that the presence of traders displaying their wares on the road was hampering the construction work and delaying the completion on schedule. Addressing thousands of traders who came out to hear from him, he said he had come out personally to appeal to them to leave the road to enable work continue and that if they comply, the project would be delivered by May 2018. “When I came here last year and I went through the Ladipo Market, I promised you I will do all the roads within the market and you will all cooperate with me. So, last year August, I fulfilled my promise; I awarded the contract of Akinwunmi Street, the Ladipo Street and then the other streets on the adjacent side.

Re: Lagos State Government Has Approved The Extension Of Oshodi – Int’l Airport Road by Mynd44: 5:25am On Feb 13, 2018

(1)

Heritage Bank MD, Jude Monye pays condolence visit to Tukur Burutai / Kwara Guber Candidate, Dr. Bola Olaosebikan (oon) Says No To Baruten Exit From / 'we Must Kill The Snake Swallowing Our Money Before It Kills Us' -atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.