Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,533 members, 7,770,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:12 AM

NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs (12142 Views)

FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South / George Sekibo Urges FG To Develop Seaports In South-South / NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by Islie: 6:52am On Feb 14, 2018
By Eugene Agha,

The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has given a 24-hour ultimatum to officials of unauthorised government agencies to vacate the seaports or risk being arrested.

The directive is in line with a new order issued to NPA by the Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC).

PEBEC directed NPA to ensure strict compliance to the October 26, 2011, presidential directive on agencies permitted to operate in the ports.

The NPA, therefore, reiterated that only eight federal government agencies were allowed to operate and have physical representation at all port locations in the country.

General Manager, Corporate and Strategic Communications of NPA, Abdullahi Goje, in a statement, said the agencies allowed representation at the ports were: Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA); Nigerian Customs Service (NCS); Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA); Nigeria Police; Department of State Security (DSS); Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS), Port Health and the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) should remain at the ports.

The directive stated that other agencies not mentioned in the list should remain outside the ports premises as the Nigerian Customs Service, which is the lead agency for inspection of cargoes, had developed standard operating procedures to facilitate their seamless operation.

“The NPA remains committed to the determination of the President Muhammadu Buhari administration to enhance the ease of doing business in the country and the improvement of conditions under which business is carried out in all ports across the country.

“The NPA solicits for the kind support of all agencies and stakeholders in the Nigerian maritime sector towards actualising the noble goal of making Nigeria a destination of choice for all legitimate businesses,” Goje said.

The affected agencies include National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Standard Organisation of Nigeria (SON), among others.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/npa-asks-nafdac-son-to-vacate-seaports-in-24hrs.html

Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:32am On Feb 14, 2018
not as if those mention above are working but they see the ports as the best place to make and share any looted funds....

23 Likes

Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by Donkay82: 7:54am On Feb 14, 2018
Somebody want to take food away from somebodys mouth e wee not work no be naija we dey?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by aolawale025: 8:19am On Feb 14, 2018
All this unnecessary squabbles. In a cohesive government this call is uncalled for
Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by zakim(m): 10:31am On Feb 14, 2018
hmmm
Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by exlinkleads(f): 11:02am On Feb 14, 2018
ah ah
Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by AishaBuhari: 11:02am On Feb 14, 2018
NPA like NAFDAC, NAFDAC like SON all in the same boat with a tag called - USELESS

The amount of substandard consumables and non-consumables is alarming in the Nigeria of today

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by datola: 11:03am On Feb 14, 2018
The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has given a 24-hour ultimatum to officials of unauthorised government agencies to vacate the seaports or risk being arrested.

Hillarious!

1 Like

Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by emmabest2000(m): 11:03am On Feb 14, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
not as if those mention above are working but they see the ports as the best place to make and share any looted funds....

Donkay82:
Somebody want to take food away from somebodys mouth e wee not work no be naija we dey?

Meaningless warning !

Meanwhile...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by olaolulazio(m): 11:03am On Feb 14, 2018
Vacate sea port and go to where?

Awon science workers.

4 Likes

Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by Oyerinde16(m): 11:05am On Feb 14, 2018
who is the DG of NAFDAC and Boss of SON, They will be readmitted when an Aboki heads the agencies, maybe custom do the job of SON n NAFDAC
Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by aleeyus(m): 11:05am On Feb 14, 2018
olaolulazio:
Vacate sea port and go to where?

Awon science workers.
i weak
Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by 12submarine(m): 11:06am On Feb 14, 2018
Why? In view of the rate at which fake drugs and sub standard items are being imported for quick cash at the detriment of Nigerians, what is wrong in amending the said presidential directive to include Nafdac and SON. Or is the directive stone cast? NPA is mad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by ghostfacekillar(m): 11:07am On Feb 14, 2018
i rememba hw them seize my dad goodS come sellam give anoda person nah my dad customer buy am. Wicked soul

6 Likes

Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by 12submarine(m): 11:11am On Feb 14, 2018
isiago:
congrats to all my subscriber , let keep winning . 310 odds available for today fixed correct matches , call now to be a winner .
Nigga, what is the meaning of all these? I'm sure you are deliberately doing this to disturb us here because even cows cannot fall for this scam.

2 Likes

Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 14, 2018
aolawale025:
All this unnecessary squabbles. In a cohesive government this call is uncalled for
Rules must be followed bro. Most of these agencies have functions that interlope, making the entire shipping and/or clearing process cumbersome. I think this is a good development.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:13am On Feb 14, 2018
E don red oooo
Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by FarahAideed: 11:17am On Feb 14, 2018
When the y want to move a large cache of weapons into the country they start chasing SON and Nafdac from the ports only to return them when the consignment has passed thhrough quietly...Another thing the do is dismantling police check points on our highways to make make for passage of large numbers of fighters in the cover of dark

4 Likes

Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by KingsleyCEO: 11:47am On Feb 14, 2018
They should be thrown out asap. With their presence in the port fake stuff still flood the market, especially that SON they should be beaten and driven out.
Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by Thatitan234(m): 11:50am On Feb 14, 2018
This is a good development.
Majority of these agencies play similar roles at our ports, so this should reduce the whole stress of clearing goods
Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by Thatitan234(m): 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
12submarine:
Why? In view of the rate at which fake drugs and sub standard items are being imported for quick cash at the detriment of Nigerians, what is wrong in amending the said presidential directive to include Nafdac and SON. Or is the directive stone cast? NPA is mad.

The role NAFDAC and SON play at the port is clearly a duplication of the duties of the Customs.

Having SON and NAFDAC screening merchandise is just waste of time and strenuous on business men cuz...
And they don't even do the screening, just settlements.

Mind you, just this week, the Customs seized four containers of fake drugs.
Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by ChineseBuggati3(m): 12:05pm On Feb 14, 2018
FarahAideed:
When the y want to move a large cache of weapons into the country they start chasing SON and Nafdac from the ports only to return them when the consignment has passed thhrough quietly...Another thing the do is dismantling police check points on our highways to make make for passage of large numbers of fighters in the cover of dark
bro you sharp.I was thinking the same
Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by LAFO: 12:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
Nigerians and Duplication of Responsibilities, Immigration should be able to tackle all this
Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by donqx: 12:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
oh
Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by 12submarine(m): 12:29pm On Feb 14, 2018
Thatitan234:

The role NAFDAC and SON play at the port is clearly a duplication of the duties of the Customs.

Having SON and NAFDAC screening merchandise is just waste of time and strenuous on business men cuz...
And they don't even do the screening, just settlements.

Mind you, just this week, the Customs seized four containers of fake drugs.
By regulations, I don't think customs has what it takes to do what Nafdac does. For SON, I may agree because professionalism isn't a serious issue there. Pls don't tell me custom is equipped with those facilities and human resources, that is not how regulations work.
Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by kabarka(m): 1:22pm On Feb 14, 2018
The game of politics is being played and our youths are busy watching Bbnaija.

My point:
Sometime ago custom chief refused to obey the senate and till now the issue was overlooked.which mean there is somebody he reports to that we dont know.One thing is for sure,they have positioned him for a purpose just like IGP.

They want to clear the seaports aganist spying eyes.so that when they bring anything into the country,nobody will know.
Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by sapientia(m): 3:05pm On Feb 14, 2018
Govt Vs Govt...

So the Ministers and DGs involved could not have settled this?

Plus.. I hope you people are not doing what people are thinking...
Re: NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs by Thatitan234(m): 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2018
12submarine:

By regulations, I don't think customs has what it takes to do what Nafdac does. For SON, I may agree because professionalism isn't a serious issue there. Pls don't tell me custom is equipped with those facilities and human resources, that is not how regulations work.

Not anyone can import drugs. You'll need several certificates from NAFDAC and PCN already, including Evidence of pre-production inspection/certificate of recognition issued by NAFDAC, Certificate of analysis of the batch of the product submitted for registration from the manufacturer stating the name and date of pharmaceutical analysis, etc.

Mind you, most drug companies, operating in the Nigeria market, from us, uk, India and China already have NAFDAC number.

The Customs should just authenticate these certificates and give the importer nod to clear his goods.

The whole reason why the FG is doing this is to ease doing business in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: God Won't Save Nigeria / Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada / Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.