Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,894 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor (3107 Views)

Police Bust Kidnappers Waiting For Ransom In Gombe / Drug Baron And Leader Of Armed Robbery Gang Arrested By SARS Operatives. Photo / A Soldier & His Robbery Gang Arrested By Oyo State Police (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by DailyNuella: 11:42am On Feb 14, 2018
The police command in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja have busted a robbery gang allegedly led by a medical doctor and the proprietor of Vital Care Hospital, Kubwa, Abuja, Dr. Ola Jimade.

Northern City News learnt that while five members of the gang were arrested, Jimade is still on the run.

Those arrested were Sunday Okhomode, aka Sunny-Momoh, 30; Meshak James, 23; a painter, Amusu Koku, 28; a printer, Kunle Obajemi, 49;  and a goldsmith, Suleiman Isa, 26.

Parading the suspects on Tuesday in Abuja, the FCT Commissioner of Police, Sadiq Bello, explained that the arrest of the suspects was sequel to a reported case of armed robbery at a house in Maitama, sometime in November last year.

According to him, a BMW X6 SUV, a large quantity of gold and other valuables worth millions of naira were carted away by the robbers.

Bello said following the report, the command’s Special Anti-Robbery Squad commenced discreet investigation, which led to the arrest of the five suspects and the recovery of the stolen SUV.

The police boss said,

“In the course of investigations, so far, five vehicles, that have their colours changed, have been recovered, out of which four have been identified by their respective owners who were robbed at gunpoint in various areas of the city.

“In addition to these, four pistols with eight rounds of live ammunition and a face mask carefully concealed in a bag in the office of the runaway Dr. Ola Solomon Jimade, were recovered during the execution of a search warrant in the suspect’s hospital.”

The CP stated that investigation was ongoing to recover more vehicles and arrest other members of the gang.

“If anybody knows the whereabouts of Dr. Ola Jimade, who is said to be an indigene of Ife Olukotun community, Yagba East, Kogi State, he should quickly alert the nearest police station,” he said.

See here for more: http://dailyleakblog.com/2018/02/14/police-bust-robbery-gang-headed-by-medical-doctor-in-abuja/

Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 14, 2018
Wat ze Bleep
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by adadike281(f): 12:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
cheesy This one na 'one Nigeria' robbery gang.
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by Mjshexy(f): 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
Wow...too bad, a medical Doc shocked
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by eTECTIVe(m): 12:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
Dis one na medical robber.. Where NCAN jare, come and give us status report
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by tuzeriouz(m): 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
NMA over to you

1 Like

Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by Famocious(m): 12:24pm On Feb 14, 2018
This is very hard to believe though people change with time...

I know Jimade from med school, he finished from University of Ilorin. He is a very cool, polish, humble and brilliant young man..
Until I hear his own side of the story.. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by Nuella2018: 1:48pm On Feb 14, 2018
Gobe
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by jkendy(m): 10:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
A 'medical doctor' by profession or a name
These days Fulani herdsmen could go by any name to perpetrate evil, you can't just tell.
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by Khd95(m): 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
eTECTIVe:
Dis one na medical robber.. Where NCAN jare, come and give us status report
NCA, NORHT CENTRAL

the status report of these names are not clear.. I await a fully investigated report from our regional headquarters in plateau, jos before we can publicly made known our stance on these situation..
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by eTECTIVe(m): 10:26pm On Feb 14, 2018
Khd95:
NCA, NORHT CENTRAL

the status report of these names are not clear.. I await a fully investigated report from our regional headquarters in plateau, jos before we can publicly made known our stance on these situation..

I see Ola, Kunle and Momoh.. Check again and confirm over....
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by Bishop2ksp(m): 8:18am On Feb 15, 2018
These are the same men that stroll around bank premises and trail unsuspecting victims to their homes after withdrawing money from the bank. They break the glass of your vehicle and take the money or come to you with their guns and Rob you face to face if you remove the money from your car.

I'm on a mission to locate where that "Vitamin C" hospital is in Kubwa.

I have been a Victim and I'm so pleased with this news.
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by ZorGBUooeh: 4:14pm On Feb 15, 2018
Hhmmmm..Nawah! A cone head doctor named Ola jimade..Dem go leave dem brown roof republic go dey terrorize Abuja..Dem wan rich like the wise men from the east by faya by force. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by SIRmanjar(m): 4:31pm On Feb 15, 2018
Na dem..My yoruba demonic brothers.
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by charles2044: 4:50pm On Feb 15, 2018
This is what happened when you don't wait for your appointed time and you what to take a shortcut to be wealthy. All of them are reportedly havIng something doing but they preferred to engage in disposing people’s valuables and got their self's in Hot soup
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by charles2044: 4:51pm On Feb 15, 2018
This is what happened when you don't wait for your appointed time and you what to take a shortcut to be wealthy. All of them are reportedly havIng something doing but they preferred to engage in disposing people’s valuables and got their self's in Hot soup
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by hedonistical: 7:24pm On Feb 15, 2018
Not surprised. Most Nigerians live beyond their lawful means, and nobody asks questions. All everyone wants to see is that you're rich or doing well. That's the result.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by Nimi22(f): 10:44pm On Feb 15, 2018
Famocious:
This is very hard to believe though people change with time...

I know Jimade from med school, he finished from University of Ilorin. He is a very cool, polish, humble and brilliant young man..
Until I hear his own side of the story.. lipsrsealed

Exactly what I know about Dr Ola Solomon. I still find it difficult to believe. He was my church member till some months ago.
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by happymama: 6:04pm On Feb 16, 2018
this is so sad oo,I'm still waiting to hear his own side of d story....
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 17, 2018
tuzeriouz:
NMA over to you
NMA will deny him swiftly.
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by Jakumo(m): 6:49am On Feb 17, 2018
Please o, I have one question about an armed robbery gang led by a medical doctor.

If dem use cutlass cut me for head because I no get money to dash dem for inside my house, I wan know whether dat their Oga Doctor go fiti gree helep me and use thread sew my head, come put plaster.

I dey wait una reply o. God bress Nigeria.
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by Hector09(m): 6:56am On Feb 17, 2018
They should sell nigeria and divide d money so that i can ve my own share cus this country is no longer a country but a village
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by sunbilor(m): 7:07am On Feb 17, 2018
Nimi22:

Exactly what I know about Dr Ola Solomon. I still find it difficult to believe. He was my church member till some months ago.
It could be he bought stolen items from them. His level of complicity will be unravelled when he is apprehended or turns himself in to the police.
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by Jakumo(m): 7:09am On Feb 17, 2018
sunbilor:
It could be he bought stolen items from them. His level of complicity will be unravelled when he is apprehended or turns himself in to the police.

But you know say money no dey belle-full money man, lai-lai, no matter how the money plenty reach.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by sunbilor(m): 7:53am On Feb 17, 2018
Jakumo:

But you know say money no dey belle-full money man, lai-lai, no matter how the money plenty reach.
I am not exonerating him. It's also possible he is complicit. All will be laid bare when he within the custody of the law officers. Time will tell.
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by Jabioro: 8:34am On Feb 17, 2018
I've nothing to say yet
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by mamatwiny(f): 9:03am On Feb 17, 2018
sunbilor:

I also do not believe the story.ppl dt have interacted with him says he knows his onions in the medical field.

It is possible he bought a car from them or he treated a member in the past. Police on hearing a medical doc name mentioned would have blown the involvement out of proportion to milk the dr knowing he has a clinic.

In saner climes, he would have submitted himself for interogation, but who doesnt know the kind of treatment he will be given by naija police.He may not even come out alive.
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by Famocious(m): 11:01am On Feb 17, 2018
Kindly watch this you tube video of guy post on 26th Aug 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVW1WHimTus

Here's another story
Why would this guy rob??!

@lalasticlala
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by sunbilor(m): 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2018
mamatwiny:

I also do not believe the story.ppl dt have interacted with him says he knows his onions in the medical field.

It is possible he bought a car from them or he treated a member in the past. Police on hearing a medical doc name mentioned would have blown the involvement out of proportion to milk the dr knowing he has a clinic.

In saner climes, he would have submitted himself for interogation, but who doesnt know the kind of treatment he will be given by naija police.He may not even come out alive.

I don't doubt you. Anything is possible in Nigeria. May God vindicate the Innocent.
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by Jakumo(m): 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
mamatwiny:

Very plausible explanation to why a doctor could get roped in by the Nigerian police force. It just does not make sense for a high-earning doctor who runs his own hospital, to ever contemplate breaking ANY laws of the land, with all that would stand to be lost in the process.

Anyone who was disciplined and intelligent enough to graduate from medical school, then go on to establish a reputable medical practice in the nation's capital no less, would NOT be the gambling type, nor the law-breaking type, all else being equal.
Re: Abuja Police Bust Armed Robbery Gang Led By A Medical Doctor by musa7m(m): 6:23pm On Feb 17, 2018
jkendy:
A 'medical doctor' by profession or a name
These days Fulani herdsmen could go by any name to perpetrate evil, you can't just tell.
God!!! Wat kind of mad man is this?

(1) (Reply)

Criminals And Scammers Taking Another Dimension (Pictures) / Nigerian Man Jumps From 30 Storey While Evading Arrest In Indonesia (Graphic) / My Experiences With Unknown Gunmen Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.