Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

What Can I Do With Programming? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Can I Do With Programming? (2087 Views)

Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop / Do You Think I Can Cope With Programming Being An Anatomical Student? / Getting Started With Programming - Tips For Beginners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do With Programming? by gabsoft: 11:48am On Feb 14, 2018
Hi everyone,
If i learn programming, what can i do with with? Or what and what would i be able to do with it?
I'll appreciate honest response. Thanks a whole lot.
Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by Desyner: 11:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
To program solutions.

My reply to a similar question:

Programming is financially rewarding but takes time, practice and persistence.
I was once faced with the task of merging about 17,000 pairs of images into single images and was able to do it programmatically. The options are many in programming. Programming is the gateway to unlocking the power of computers as machine. I know a person who was tasked with merging close to a hundred thousand pairs of photos into single photos. He used manual method and choose editors.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by rexben(m): 1:50am On Feb 15, 2018
There a lot you can do with programming. You can solve solutions. Think of ideas how to make life easier for mankind. You can build mobile Apps, desktop Apps, websites, blogsite, robots, and lot more
Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by gabsoft: 2:44am On Feb 15, 2018
How do i start? Which software do i need to start programming? Can u give me an example of solution you have done through programming?
I 'll appreciate your tutorials. Thanks a lot.
Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by Profpsalm(m): 9:35am On Feb 15, 2018
Just started learning programming, it's look interesting and brain-tasking, I think u have to be very good in maths to be able to learn programing. Though, its still kinda difficult for me because of my poor computer basis.
Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by gabsoft: 9:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
Tools for learning programming is the next question. What online or offline tools can i use to start learning?
I appreciate your responses so far. Thanks a whole lot.
Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by OgidiOlu3(m): 11:10pm On Feb 15, 2018
gabsoft:
Tools for learning programming is the next question. What online or offline tools can i use to start learning?
I appreciate your responses so far. Thanks a whole lot.
Go to freecodecamp.com. Register and follow all the lessons from the very beginning to the end. Also, register at sololearn.com. Then, of course YouTube. Choose a language you want to learn and watch video tutorials on YouTube.
You don't have to be good at mathematics to be a good programmer. You just have to be a good thinker.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by Desyner: 11:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
gabsoft:
How do i start? Which software do i need to start programming? Can u give me an example of solution you have done through programming?
I 'll appreciate your tutorials. Thanks a lot.
I recommend Java. It has wide range of good features, multi-platform(OS) compartible, multiple devices(mobile, embedded, web, pc, ios, linux etc) and many resource to support. And a robust api to go with it. It is arguable in the top 2 languages if not the undisputed best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by Nobody: 12:29am On Feb 16, 2018
Desyner:
I recommend Java. It has wide range of good features, multi-platform(OS) compartible, multiple devices(mobile, embedded, web, pc, ios, linux etc) and many resource to support. And a robust api to go with it. It is arguable in the top 2 languages if not the undisputed best.
java for an absolute beginner?, you want him to sink
Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by gabsoft: 4:21am On Feb 16, 2018
Wow! I'm grateful! Impressive responses!
Two more questions... If java is too much(complex) for a complete beginner, which other programming tool can be best to start?
Can i learn it offline? Where can i download the tools for free?
Want to appreciate the lecturers that have responded. Thanks a whole lot!
Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by gabsoft: 9:26am On Feb 16, 2018
Desyner:
To program solutions.
My reply to a similar question:
Interesting! Hhow is this made possible?
Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by rexben(m): 12:48am On Feb 17, 2018
gabsoft:
Two more questions... If java is too much(complex) for a complete beginner, which other programming tool can be best to start?
There are many programming languages. First off, do you wanna go into web development or mobile app development.
if it is web, you can learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, React js, PHP, MySql, SQLIte etc.
To get started with web design, you need a text editor e.g notepad, notepad++, sublime etc.
if it is mobile development, you can learn Java, React Native, C++, Kotlin etc.
If you wanna narrow it down to Android mobile development (I'm an Android developer), you will have to learn Java and XML.
You can check my blog to get started https://rexdevelopers..com.ng/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by Desyner: 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2018
bjhaid:
java for an absolute beginner?, you want him to sink
I started with java and remained in it. It is doable.
Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by owensking(m): 3:43am On Feb 18, 2018
gabsoft:

Start with Python 3....which is what am currently learning. Within four days of learning the language...I'm now manipulating input files....even able to preform data mining.

Download this book and start right away offline or online: https://www.py4e.com/book.php

1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by fizyalasdair(m): 8:23am On Feb 18, 2018
One answer for you, programming would change the way you see life, everything becomes an opportunity for you. It might make you have headaches at first if you're learning Java, PHP, Javascript and what not, but once you begin to understand it, it get interesting and you want to explore all range of your programming capabilities. Imagine me waking up and programming a calculator using python for no just reason. Programming will become part of you

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by gabsoft: 6:36am On Feb 20, 2018
I appreciate everyone that has contributed solutions to my questions. God will bring solution to all your problems!
I will come back if i ve got more questions. Thanks to you all.
Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by sasquareT(m): 2:47pm On Feb 20, 2018
gabsoft:
I appreciate everyone that has contributed solutions to my questions. God will bring solution to all your problems!
I will come back if i ve got more questions. Thanks to you all.
Hey Bro have you started please chat me up on WhatsApp and let us rub mind am also learning JavaScript now..we can share ideas and material if you don't mind here's my no 08136340849
Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by gabsoft: 8:43am On Feb 21, 2018
sasquareT:

Hey Bro have you started please chat me up on WhatsApp and let us rub mind am also learning JavaScript now..we can share ideas and material if you don't mind here's my no 08136340849

ok, will get back br
Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by rexben(m): 12:27am On Feb 22, 2018
rexben:

There are many programming languages. First off, do you wanna go into web development or mobile app development.
if it is web, you can learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, React js, PHP, MySql, SQLIte etc.
To get started with web design, you need a text editor e.g notepad, notepad++, sublime etc.
if it is mobile development, you can learn Java, React Native, C++, Kotlin etc.
If you wanna narrow it down to Android mobile development (I'm an Android developer), you will have to learn Java and XML.
You can check my blog to get started [s]https://rexdevelopers..com.ng/[/s]
For those that care to know, I just changed my domain name from [s]https://rexdevelopers..com.ng/[/s] to https://rexandroid..com.ng/.
Sorry for the inconveniences.
Re: What Can I Do With Programming? by gabsoft: 7:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
ok

(1) (Reply)

Solving Polynomial Eqn. In Vb Using Newton Rapson Method / Pls How Do I Send Fingerprint Image Directly To Database Without File Upload? / Please Help Me Test And Give Feedback On An Application I Just Wrote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.