Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop (1463 Views)

I Want To Go Into Programming But Very Bad At Math, Any Advice / If You've Always Wanted To Learn Programming But Failed, Be Here!!! / What Can I Do With Programming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by oxymoron(m): 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2020
I'm a student in one of the universities in the South. Uniben to be precise.. This period has not really favored me in terms of idleness so I dcided to pick up a skill and settled to learn programing but my only issue right now is purchasing a laptop. I can't cause right now I have no source of income. I call on any nairaland programmer who can help. I'm not asking for cash in any kind just looking for anyone who can gift me an old laptop that's not in use so I can make use of it for the main time before i get mine cause time is running out.
cry
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by oxymoron(m): 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2020
I also got involved in the Google andela scholarship program but got disqualified cause I didn't have a laptop to continue and partake in the practical sessions cry
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by Abdulcoding(m): 6:49am On Sep 06, 2020
Even me, i've been studying web dev, using a button phone, and now i'm in js,but have no android phone or laptop to use.

1 Like

Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 06, 2020
Am also looking for a laptop too
Am thinking of learning from a phone and borrowing my church member laptop on weekends
Pls experienced programmers, u know how much u are making, u can make more while toching lives, if u are looking for apprentice pls we are here, am an experiencd computer operatr
Pls my email below

1 Like

Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by oxymoron(m): 9:55am On Sep 06, 2020
marvelphysics:
Am also looking for a laptop too
Am thinking of learning from a phone and borrowing my church member laptop on weekends
Pls experienced programmers, u know how much u are making, u can make more while toching lives, if u are looking for apprentice pls we are here, am an experiencd computer operatr
Pls my email below
Don't even need a new PC... JUST something I can use to further my practical application of what I'm learning
Incase anyone wants to reach out to me.. 09026347675 I use God take beg una cry
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by bassdow: 10:22am On Sep 06, 2020
oxymoron:
I'm a student in one of the universities in the South. Uniben to be precise.. This period has not really favored me in terms of idleness so I dcided to pick up a skill and settled to learn programing but my only issue right now is purchasing a laptop. I can't cause right now I have no source of income. I call on any nairaland programmer who can help. I'm not asking for cash in any kind just looking for anyone who can gift me an old laptop that's not in use so I can make use of it for the main time before i get mine cause time is running out.
cry

If you can Own a phone without Opening a Thread, trust Me, You also can Own a PC without Opening a silly Thread.

No matter Your reason(s), an IDIOT like me never would make such Wise Decision.
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by bassdow: 10:26am On Sep 06, 2020
oxymoron:

Don't even need a new PC... JUST something I can use to further my practical application of what I'm learning
Incase anyone wants to reach out to me.. 09026347675 I use God take beg una cry

Thought it only was Religious Entrepreneurs who uses God's name to ....
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by EngrBouss(m): 10:31am On Sep 06, 2020
Go to AWS and sign up for their free tier program. Get a workspace of a the cheapest price which is a windows server.
You can use the workspace with an Android phone or Ipad, chrome or whatever. Thank me later.
I currently run Windows and Linux on my Ipad. Cloud is the future

2 Likes

Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by Etinosa1234: 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2020
oxymoron:
cry
Bro the chances of u getting a laptop is 1/10000000

The best thing to do now is download sololearn and be learning the basics of whatever u want to do
Use ur phone to start while hoping for the laptop

2 Likes

Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by Najdorf: 1:54pm On Sep 06, 2020
I have an old pc but I don't think I can give it out, since I still make use of it sometimes.

You can go very far using your phone.

1 Like

Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2020
check devcareers on twitter.

1 Like

Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by oxymoron(m): 8:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
bassdow:

If you can Own a phone without Opening a Thread, trust Me, You also can Own a PC without Opening a silly Thread.

No matter Your reason(s), an IDIOT like me never would make such Wise Decision.
Before the pandemic everywhere was rosy you know... Had a partime job.. So I took a loan from easy buy... And paid monthly for my phone.. Planned to do that to get a laptop then the pandemic STRUCK, Lost the job back to square one... DON'T JUDGE ME
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by oxymoron(m): 8:47pm On Sep 06, 2020
Etinosa1234:

The best thing to do now is download sololearn and be learning the basics of whatever u want to do
Honestly I have been doing that.. Thanks for the advice
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by oxymoron(m): 8:48pm On Sep 06, 2020
Najdorf:
I have an old pc but I don't think I can give it out, since I still make use of it sometimes.

You can go very far using your phone.
It's no problem boss.. Thanks for your advice I appreciate
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by remigiusizunna(m): 12:09am On Sep 07, 2020
My brother we're on the same boat o.
My passion for web Dev is turbo charged(lol)
I've sololearn and YouTube as my my teacher but I need a PC too.
if anyone can help,just like the op, I'm not asking for money,the old one is on by me
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by Ebenezer2021(m): 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
Etinosa1234:

thanks bro.
I remember last session in UNIBEN, it was my roommate that introduced me to the Sololearn.
Well there's a high chance he can get a laptop here.
One dude that created a thread as a student and expressed worries over his age and how he has been unproductive during this lockdown, I carefully went through all the comments and found a good Samaritan that was concerned and then gifted him a laptop to use and improve on his IT and Tech skills.
I myself have just received a laptop from a nairalander here last week.
It's just basically luck

3 Likes

Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by soleexx(m): 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2020
I'm a Computer Scientist and a web developer
I'm really happy to see you guys passion for programming...

I wish I can give out laptop on this forum, But how many people I won give...
You guys deserves it..
Just keep up the energy!..
If it doesnt comes from me, it will definitely come from someone better..
We are future!

4 Likes

Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by oxymoron(m): 7:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
thanks bro.
I remember last session in UNIBEN, it was my roommate that introduced me to the Sololearn.
Well there's a high chance he can get a laptop here.
One dude that created a thread as a student and expressed worries over his age and how he has been unproductive during this lockdown, I carefully went through all the comments and found a good Samaritan that was concerned and then gifted him a laptop to use and improve on his IT and Tech skills.
I myself have just received a laptop from a nairalander here last week.
It's just basically luck
Guy you lucky oo.. Just trying my luck if any well meaning nairalander can just assist me... I don't care even if it's old so far it's a working one. You attend uniben bro?
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by oxymoron(m): 7:58pm On Sep 07, 2020
soleexx:

You guys deserves it..

We are future!
Thanks for the advice boss really appreciate it... Pls if You can help me reach out to other techies on nairaland would be glad. I'm just wallowing in idleness and self pity. Really don't want to engage in any illegal sh*t. When I see some topic and comments on programming it really keeps my fire burning but of recent I can't really tell... Thanks though
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by Ebenezer2021(m): 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
oxymoron:

Guy you lucky oo.. Just trying my luck if any well meaning nairalander can just assist me... I don't care even if it's old so far it's a working one. You attend uniben bro?
yeah same UNIBEN with you.
There's one dude that wanted giving out his laptop earlier but the battery wasn't too strong, I think just 1 or 2 hours, which means you must live around where you have constant light, so the other dude refused receiving it though.
Forgotten his moniker I'd have tagged you.
Law.. you nkor?

1 Like

Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by olamidedivotee(f): 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2020
soleexx:

You guys deserves it..

We are future!

Thanks
God bless you.
I'm still using pydroid for python programming.
My goal is to become a software developer.
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by oxymoron(m): 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
yeah same UNIBEN with you.
There's one dude that wanted giving out his laptop earlier but the battery wasn't too strong, I think just 1 or 2 hours, which means you must live around where you have constant light, so the other dude refused receiving it though.
Forgotten his moniker I'd have tagged you.
Would have gladly taken that cause we have constant light in Surulere here.... How can someone be choosy when person Wan help you. God oo... Which department you dey boss?
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by Ebenezer2021(m): 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2020
oxymoron:

Would have gladly taken that cause we have constant light in Surulere here.... How can someone be choosy when person Wan help you. God oo... Which department you dey boss?
Law
You?
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by oxymoron(m): 10:09pm On Sep 07, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
Law You?
Fckng Pol Science bro
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 07, 2020
olamidedivotee:

Thanks God bless you. I'm still using pydroid for python programming. My goal is to become a software developer. 07081756027
same here but it's stressful maybe slow
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by Ebenezer2021(m): 11:27am On Sep 08, 2020
oxymoron:

Fckng Pol Science bro
lol why fvcking?
it's a nice course, what level are you?
Also do you stay in the school hostels? cos that's the main place I'd suggest you stay when school resumes cos your fellow hostel mates would motivate you
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by Etinosa1234: 1:36am On Sep 09, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
lol why fvcking?
it's a nice course, what level are you?
Also do you stay in the school hostels? cos that's the main place I'd suggest you stay when school resumes cos your fellow hostel mates would motivate you

But u nor Dey hostel na
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by oxymoron(m): 11:21am On Sep 09, 2020
kissEkosodin all the way oo.. Never stayed in the hostel
Re: Help, In Love With Programming But In Need Of A Laptop by kayuzie: 5:43am On Sep 12, 2020
You don't need a laptop to start programming. I learnt how to code on my low end itel phone and that was in 2017. This post will help https://www.nairaland.com/6076083/how-setup-software-development-environment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding / Java Deployment Help / Write A Program In Vb 6 Or Vb.net 2010 To Calculate The Value Of N Factorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.