Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

4 Myths About Ican - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Myths About Ican (19874 Views)

4 Myths About Business Analysis / Information About ICAN / ICAN Release The Result Of Nov 2017 Diet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Myths About Ican by udokpuenyi(m): 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2018
emaopel:
Love the profession and being accounting graduate...give me more passion to write it... but I don't really know how to go about it fully...can you give me more enlightenment?
Thanks.

If you have time to read, I mean enough time and still remember your secondary school mathematics very well, then come on board. There is nothing to fear.
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by Electronzeez(m): 6:43pm On Feb 15, 2018
kingphilip:
boss I remain loyal o

You just forget your boy

I don't remember having a boy that is old enough to be chartered.
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by danthamccoy(m): 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2018
ibbryte:

Very sound effort from the OP.
I can attest to the validity of his post.

I myself am at the final professional stage of ICAN, i have written all my exams from the AAT till now without ever taking lectures and with just one reference in ATS 2 QA.
And i intend to finish without ever stepping in a lecture centre.

Goodluck to fellow comrades writing this may diet.
Did you study Accounting?
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by danthamccoy(m): 1:56pm On Feb 16, 2018
Having no background in Accounting makes ICAN considerably more difficult right? Being realistic here.
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by kingphilip(m): 6:49am On Feb 17, 2018
Electronzeez:

I don't remember having a boy that is old enough to be chartered.
now i have reminded you
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by kingphilip(m): 6:50am On Feb 17, 2018
danthamccoy:
Having no background in Accounting makes ICAN considerably more difficult right? Being realistic here.
no it doesn't make it difficult as you make it seem

I know of people who read economics and also micro biology become chartered accountants

1 Like

Re: 4 Myths About Ican by Electronzeez(m): 8:09am On Feb 17, 2018
kingphilip:
now i have reminded you

Back to the topic ....i am loyal any day any time .
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by JARUSHUB: 12:44pm On Feb 17, 2018
emaopel:
Love the profession and being accounting graduate...give me more passion to write it... but I don't really know how to go about it fully...can you give me more enlightenment?
Thanks.

http://www.jarushub.com/ican-self-study-or-tutorials/

http://www.jarushub.com/feedback-and-q-and-a-is-ican-qualification-really-worth-it/

http://www.jarushub.com/he-likes-accounting-but-fears-ican/
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by danthamccoy(m): 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
kingphilip:
no it doesn't make it difficult as you make it seem

I know of people who read economics and also micro biology become chartered accountants
Thanks bro. I did Economics.
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by kingphilip(m): 3:51am On Feb 18, 2018
danthamccoy:

Thanks bro. I did Economics.
you're welcome

You can go through the link in the comment above yours you might get some useful information
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by Naijaaccountwiz: 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2018
tartarus:
I CAN?. Don't think it's enough. Just registered for the CFA exams, awaiting my study books and I'm a science student o! Bsc in biotechnology. First time I'm doing something in the financial/commercial aspect. All self taught grin

You'll never excel except you take risks.
I need details of the process for cfa pls
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by Naijaaccountwiz: 5:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
danthamccoy:
Yes it does, anyone trying to tell you the contrary is messing with you, you'll have to work twice harder
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by Naijaaccountwiz: 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
i will like 2 write this examination, but i stay in aba and av no one 2 teach me evrything and pass very well. anyone ready 2 take challenge?
I can help you with that, you can contact me on whatsapp 07086758497
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by tartarus(m): 9:06pm On Feb 20, 2018
Naijaaccountwiz:

I need details of the process for cfa pls

Visit the website bro https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/exams/Pages/index.aspx
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by James150: 3:00pm On Feb 21, 2018
Dad wrote the exams many times finally passed a chartered accountant. Nothing like cult or discrimination. He is from adamawa state. Stays there lived there no connection. He always told me the exam is not for weak people or people that want to give up sooner.... Even the exam says I CAN.
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by tmas30: 9:00am On Nov 08, 2018
Our 30 days ICAN Success Blueprint is the Guarantee you need pass ICAN exams at ONE sitting.
The truth is, you must be ready to work it out because this Blueprint is a 100% SUCCESS GUARANTEE if you do exactly ALL we ask you to do.

Kindly click here to get the blueprint now http://starrygoldacademy.com/members/ican/

See testimonies from last diet http://starrygoldacademy.com/ican/ican-success-students-results-testimonies-2017/

JARUSHUB:
Coming from a family of chartered accountants , I think I heard about the examinations of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) at a quite early age, probably from primary school. I heard all such tales about ICAN exams. I used to see ICAN exams as one monster.

To compound my fears, when I crossed from being a science student to a commercial one in second term SSS 1 in 1998, apart from mathematics, accounting was the subject I dreaded most. Thankfully, accounting, unlike math, has some theoretical parts (all those ‘name 5 types of account’, ‘what is a subsidiary book?’, etc questions), so I still managed to pass, banking on those ‘story’ aspects.

In the university, studying economics, I had option to take elective courses in departments such as Management and Accounting, Sociology, Geography, Demography and Social Statistics, and psychology.

To add insult to injury, my school’s management and accounting department was not the most organized of departments as my friends in the department used to complain about cases of loss of scripts due to the high volume of students. So I found in Sociology and Psychology departments elective allies, and the Alphas were almost always guaranteed, never mind the headache those abstract Sigmund Freud theories in Psychology 204 gave me.

I was still able to avoid accounting in the university. At least, I remember a friend's accounting exams script missing in our 200 level. That was definitely not an experience I would like to have, further fuelling my hatred for accounting.

From my interactions with folks, especially the less informed ones, I have come to observe the reason why people dread ICAN and their exams. The following are the 4 major myths about ICAN:

1. ICAN DELIBERATELY FAILS STUDENTS: Giving the failure rate recorded in ICAN exams, I can pardon people for believing this. But this is actually a lie. I personally hold that no examination body will deliberately fail you if you pass, not least ICAN. I have heard all sort of tales like ICAN fail people so as to make money from exam fees. This is a big fat lie. As far as I know – and I think I know farthest – if you score 50% in any ICAN exams, you will never fail that paper. Of course, there was a time when if you failed woefully in one subject, you will be required to rewrite other papers you passed in same diet, but this was not a secret as the system was made known in their students guideline. This system has since been jettisoned, except at the final stage when you are required to pass a number of subjects for you not to rewrite others you passed. So students should purge their mind of this erroneous belief. I never believed it anyway, and anytime I get to advise ICAN candidates, including in my first class in the ICAN center I was lecturing a while back, the first thing I do is cleanse their mind of this pessimistic mindset. How can you go to a war with a mindset that your efforts will not count? ICAN will not fail you if you pass, and there is no way you can score 50% in a subject and marked failed.

2. ICAN IS A YORUBA AFFAIR: I was having an introductory class with some ICAN students last year. They were preparing for Foundation examinations and that was their first attempt. In the process of ‘sermonizing’ on how students bandy unfounded myths around, trying to demystify their self-inflicted fears, one student from the eastern part of Nigeria asked me, ‘Oga, but I heard ICAN is a Yoruba body. Only Yoruba people do and pass it’. I laughed. I knew Nigerians are incurable ethnic wolf-criers, but I never knew it had reached that extent. I am aware Nigerians like to raise ethnic false alarm and cry tribal victimization when something doesn’t go in their favour, but I never knew such thoughts could be nursed of a professional body like ICAN. Well, I told her it’s a big fat lie. ICAN is not and can never be a Yoruba affair. Irrespective of where you come from, if you pass ICAN exams, nobody will deny you based on your tribe.

3. ICAN IS A SOUTHERN BODY: I have heard a couple of northern friends, especially those in public service, accuse ICAN of being a southern thing. For this reason, many northerners believe they are being sidelined. Many northerners prefer to go for a rival accounting body. Again, this is naked myth. Besides, northerners have being presidents of the association.

4. ICAN IS A CULT: Given the solidarity and bond that exist among ICAN members, you can forgive those that hold this myth. I have heard people say ICAN is a cult, that they only admit certain people. Naija people sha. ICAN is the most transparently run Nigerian professional body I know. Everything about it is transparent. Of course, they are like a family, with young members treating the older and senior ones with high reverence.

http://www.jarushub.com/4-myths-about-ican/
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by tmas30: 9:02am On Nov 08, 2018
Our 30 days ICAN Success Blueprint is the Guarantee you need pass ICAN exams at ONE sitting.
The truth is, you must be ready to work it out because this Blueprint is a 100% SUCCESS GUARANTEE if you do exactly ALL we ask you to do.

Kindly click here to get the blueprint now http://starrygoldacademy.com/members/ican/

See testimonies from last diet http://starrygoldacademy.com/ican/ican-success-students-results-testimonies-2017/
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by destinel(m): 3:28pm On Dec 07, 2018
Hello dear Potential Chartered Accountants. As you all know, early preparation is key: before May 2019 diet come knocking, do you require that one-on-one tutelage which can only be provided by a PRIVATE TUTOR?...

Contact me for any LEVEL (FOUNDATION SKILLS & PROFESSIONAL) on:

Call/Whatsapp

Charge is really friendly and affordable. Lagos is the location.
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by stepraize: 11:59am On Jul 10, 2019
Do you stay around ikotun/isheri/ijegun and you looking for a better place for your ICAN/ACCA tutorial...
We are glad to communicate the good news that
Reliable-Source Professional is the best place to be...
This is a professional centre that boasts of 100% successes since inception. This has been as a result of
God factor,
Qualified and highly skilled lecturers,
Standard Class rooms,
Regular assessments,
Free Materials (both hard & soft copy)
Availability of overnight reading
Very Affordable fee and flexible payment plans
Standard time-table and so on...

You can give it a try for free... cos we are very sure a trial will convince you.

Address ...... 253/255 Ijegun Road, Papa Major B/stop, Ijegun Lagos.

Or Professor Femi on +2348106332559

You can also join the group for November diet by clicking on the link below
https:///EeF9Ffy9xmD8UVBuWxU9Q6
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by karbie(f): 9:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
Prepare for your ICAN examinations with the ICAN new study packs for all levels and get all necessary past questions and answers for a token. Click on the whatsapp link below to get them https:///2347084890881
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by ruthadaeze(f): 11:25am On Sep 21, 2020
cry smileyyes
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by lajid: 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2021
Inexhaustible:
You made me laugh with your write up.
Believe me, one only need to be an average student to pass ICAN, it is not as difficult as people think. All you need is sacrifice, focus, commitment and self belief. I qualified in 3 diets, passed my skills level at once, passed 4 out of 5 in professional in the 2nd diet and kill the last paper in the 3rd diet.

I wish all the ACAs in the making best of luck

Good evening sir, I’ll like to ask some questions regarding ican. As a graduate of accounting, from what level will I start from; skills or professional?

Also, how long does it takes to qualify. Is it after one diet or two diet?

Thanks as I await your response.

1 Like

Re: 4 Myths About Ican by Blakpot: 1:04pm On Apr 08, 2022
lajid:

Good evening sir, I’ll like to ask some questions regarding ican. As a graduate of accounting, from what level will I start from; skills or professional?

Also, how long does it takes to qualify. Is it after one diet or two diet?

Thanks as I await your response.
Hello,
I wanted to ask a similar question, then I saw ur post.
What level did u start from?
I have a BSC in Economics, but dont know if I should start from foundation, skills or general.
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by lajid: 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2022
Blakpot:

Hello,
I wanted to ask a similar question, then I saw ur post.
What level did u start from?
I have a BSC in Economics, but dont know if I should start from foundation, skills or general.

You are to start from foundation
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by Blakpot: 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2022
lajid:

You are to start from foundation

ok, thanks!
Re: 4 Myths About Ican by Daveshad: 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2022
At OSAD PROFESSIONAL TUTORS they provide you with the resources needed to pass your ICAN qualifying exams interms of experienced & seasoned instructors, comfortable classrooms, library space, uninterrupted power supply and secured spacious parking facility.
Visit www.osadtutors.com for more info

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mention One Company/organisation Where You Would Really Love To Work? / 5 Classes Of People To Value / Ten Reasons Why You Should Be An Employee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.