Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos (34309 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos / Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / South-west Leaders Caution Igbos Over Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by EarthXmetahuman: 9:24am On Feb 15, 2018
Ihatepork:
Why are these ones writing silly epistles about a bill that has already been passed. One daft mumu is even talking about marriage to potorpotor women lol. They always react without sense grin cheesy

And for those praising the OP that she's this and that. I hope you'll use the same mouth to praise her when she spews her regular nonsense

She's just as foolish as the rest of them. Don't be deceived. I don't know why some of you get easily carried away
exactly..

The topic is way to smart for her. She probably copied it from somewhere.
That transgendered is way too dumb.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by nijabazaar: 9:36am On Feb 15, 2018
I think I have fallen in love with Amarabae. and I don't even know hergrin

This piece is just a direct missle to the hopeless Igbo wailing over Lagos' half-self limiting law.

repaitrate your wealth to Igboland. set up it biz in igboland, give ur unalloyed support for Biafra ....they won't.

one hopeless lagos born brother was telling me the other day that he doesn't think a shopping mall is in Anambra. imagine?

they are so begotten to Lagos and that's why these toothsome yorubas take them for a ride.

ok off topic. imaginr a big war with the Yorubas. u know Igbo vs yoruba in real war not e battle. it would be like Athens and Sparta grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by omenkaLives(m): 9:36am On Feb 15, 2018
Ihatepork:
Why are these ones writing silly epistles about a bill that has already been passed. One daft mumu is even talking about marriage to potorpotor women lol. They always react without sense grin cheesy

And for those praising the OP that she's this and that. I hope you'll use the same mouth to praise her when she spews her regular nonsense

She's just as foolish as the rest of them. Don't be deceived. I don't know why some of you get easily carried away
God bless and multiply the good cells in your brain!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Funkybabee(f): 9:38am On Feb 15, 2018
letusbepieces:
I have long hated yorubas marrying igbos and i never hide it even from dem.

I will continue to speak up against it until it is ban.

Iyawo shaa ni wahala tie( marry from you is a concern for u nw) wonder that demon wey collect your wife from you...make them fair for u small ( ki won ti e sanu e pele)

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Purehuman(m): 9:39am On Feb 15, 2018
If you are igbo and you argued about that legislation, you should hide your identity. I find most of my brothers irritating when they argue about these things. If you don't like it, take your investments and leave the state.

There are virgin lands in the east that we can resuscitate but we keep dying about Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by omenkaLives(m): 9:42am On Feb 15, 2018
Sanchez01:

This mindset is so wrong and dangerous! There are reasons why Yorubas have kings all over her territory as opposed to you guys. There is a reason the Ooni has been junketeering a while now and every state owes her indigenous people the right to preservation of culture. And last I checked, it is not unconstitutional to do this.

Lagos does not need to become a country before making moves to preserve the ways of her people. If you ask me, now is the best time even. If you aren't interested in the Yoruba language, then you have no business getting education, from primary level to secondary and even tertiary (for those dreaming of getting into LASU).

That was the same person that once said.. .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Purehuman(m): 9:43am On Feb 15, 2018
letusbepieces:
IF IGBO CAN DENY MARRIAGE TO FELLOW IGBO.

WE CAN PROSCRIBE MARRIAGE TO YORUBAS AND ANY FAMILY THAT DARES, CONDEMN AS OSU.

Sometimes I moved to slap you guys. What's wrong with you people?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by EarthXmetahuman: 9:45am On Feb 15, 2018
Igbos and their wahala.

When igbo states deport non indegenes back to their states, - its okay
When Lagos did the same, - wahala

Igbos states make a law to preseve their poto language, - no wahala.
Lagos does the same- crying and wailing.

Dem don' swear for these people.

We need more Ambode s in Yoruba land. We cannot allow pigs to come and tell us how to run our states.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by oodualover: 10:08am On Feb 15, 2018
Efewestern:

I clearly understand your point, but my issue with the law is that it was too one sided, stuffs like that should be limited to Primary and secondary, not that students even pass Yoruba without expo anyway.

I believe when making judgement we should at all time reason from different angles. I might be wrong on this, but I don't support the lagos state government on this.

What the law means, before you can school in any of our state institution, you must be able to speak and understand Yoruba, this doesn't sound well for me.
Ogbeni stop saying bullshyte here. You have proven that you are a Yoruba hater through your past comments. Just in case your ignorant mind does not know this, Anambra made ibo language course compulsory for every student that gained admission into their state's higher institutions. Even lf you are studying engineering, you must ibo language as a course. Where were you when they passed the bill? Why did you not castigate them? And here you are telling us that Lagos is cosmopolitan and so should not have implemented it. I consider that statement a pure insult to its indigenes. Nobody asked you to come to Lagos.
Anybody that criticize that bill is a Yoruba hater. And for those pathetic ibo losers, they can keep wailing. If they don't like the bill, let them go back to their useless lands

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by pcicero(m): 10:12am On Feb 15, 2018
olabrad:

Is that the nonsense you tell yourselves in your camp of small minds? Your comment just showed that your life is ruled by inferiority complex. One would think only igbos reside in Lagos. Other tribes aren't complaining except you. Is it by force to stay in another person's state?

Epic!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by oodualover: 10:19am On Feb 15, 2018
They say they want to leave Nigeria, and that the country is a zoo, but they are crying about something that should not be their business. Now they remember this bill will divide Nigeria more. Is that not what they always wanted? Since they have always wanted the country to split, why then should they be against it since it will expedite the process of spliting it? Me I tire for this people oo.
Cry cry babies!
Pathetic losers!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by EODforce: 10:19am On Feb 15, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
. my name is Michael, i am a bastard and my sister is an slowpoke, we are cursed in our family because our father is a rapist
. we have always known this since time immemorial na
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by DerideGull(m): 10:34am On Feb 15, 2018
Amarabae:
The social media is bubbling over a new law passed by the Lagos State house of assembly that made it compulsory for anyone seeking admission into Lagos State University to have a credit or pass in Yoruba language and also for the teaching of Yoruba language in all primary and secondary schools.
Ndi Igbo ibem, what is wrong with the law?
Why the noise?
The yorubas have shown the country again that they are proud of their identity and Lagos belongs to them which I agree, Lagos is a Yoruba state, argue with your shadow.
This is a time for us to think, Igbos,
We should be promoting our own identity like language, music, arts, movies ,attire etc
We should be more Igbotic everytime,
It pains me to see some Igbo youths busy trying to be more Jewish than Igbo,
To them, being Jewish is better to them than being Igbo,
Odinani is fading away and some are sweating to promote Judaism whereas the Israeli government are maltreating African immigrants in their country.
We are promoting Judaism while allowing Igbo identity to be fading away.
What a shock!

It pains me to see some Igbo youths busy online arguing and fascinating about how the minorities (ijaws, itsekiris, ogonis etc) will join Biafra.
How will they respect Igbo nation when you have painted yourself as beggars before them,
You hate the word homogeneous Igbo nation, you are only interested in teaching your children how how Phillip effiong was ojukwu vice therefore the whole of South south is Biafra yet if I ask your kids who Flora nwamkpa or mbonu ojike is, they will not know because you didn't bother to teach them.
Instead of talking about Igbo land issue, you are busy arguing on why south south is not in map or geography.

Who did this to us .

I love my Igbo ethnic nation and I am proudly Igbotic by nature, we need to be more ethnocentric as Igbos, enough of being politically correct as Igbo.
Love yourself.
Be proud of your Igbo identity
Showcase it.
Drop the defeatist mentality.
I have sworn that my little baby boy will learn from me how to speak fluent Igbo from small age, not just Igbo but his fathers Anambra dialect.
Kudos to Lagos government.
Let the Igbo governors follow suit.
And finally, Lagos is Yoruba land no matter the amount of investment owned by non indigenes just like Enugu is Igbo land.
There is an Igbo adage that says "O biara ije nwe ula "
Keep your branch anywhere but move your headquarters to Igbo land.
Return your investment home,
Use your brain.
Igbo land is bigger than Rwanda ,Singapore and Israel in size yet these are countries,
Return your investment home.
The people you are buying their lands, paying taxes to and investing in their land don't appreciate nor like you.

Aku ruo uno, Biko o.
Igbo ga adi. Amii
Self preservation is the first law of Nature .
Ndewo

This is institutionalization of tribalism. The law is unconstitutional to ask non-Yari.ba to secure a pass in Yoruba language in order to secure admission into LASU, If the law stipulates the teaching of Yari.ba in primary and secondary schools as optional curriculum in Lagos State schools, it could be accommodated. I guess Lagos tends to give people false sense of belonging. Yari.ba people tend to start anything tribal in Nigeria only to deny about it in future. This is one of the idiotic shenanigans that fuel the calls for disintegration of the shithole called Nigeria. I really would not care what Yari.ba people do in their country of Oodua Republic and expect they would not care what Ndigbo do in Republic of Igbo Land. The people who call for the Yari.ba culture to reign supreme in Nigeria and tend to foam in their mouths when disintegration of Nigeria is mentioned are the bedrocks of anything bad about Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by DerideGull(m): 10:55am On Feb 15, 2018
Amarabae:
The social media is bubbling over a new law passed by the Lagos State house of assembly that made it compulsory for anyone seeking admission into Lagos State University to have a credit or pass in Yoruba language and also for the teaching of Yoruba language in all primary and secondary schools.
Ndi Igbo ibem, what is wrong with the law?
Why the noise?
The yorubas have shown the country again that they are proud of their identity and Lagos belongs to them which I agree, Lagos is a Yoruba state, argue with your shadow.
This is a time for us to think, Igbos,
We should be promoting our own identity like language, music, arts, movies ,attire etc
We should be more Igbotic everytime,
It pains me to see some Igbo youths busy trying to be more Jewish than Igbo,
To them, being Jewish is better to them than being Igbo,
Odinani is fading away and some are sweating to promote Judaism whereas the Israeli government are maltreating African immigrants in their country.
We are promoting Judaism while allowing Igbo identity to be fading away.
What a shock!

It pains me to see some Igbo youths busy online arguing and fascinating about how the minorities (ijaws, itsekiris, ogonis etc) will join Biafra.
How will they respect Igbo nation when you have painted yourself as beggars before them,
You hate the word homogeneous Igbo nation, you are only interested in teaching your children how how Phillip effiong was ojukwu vice therefore the whole of South south is Biafra yet if I ask your kids who Flora nwamkpa or mbonu ojike is, they will not know because you didn't bother to teach them.
Instead of talking about Igbo land issue, you are busy arguing on why south south is not in map or geography.

Who did this to us .

I love my Igbo ethnic nation and I am proudly Igbotic by nature, we need to be more ethnocentric as Igbos, enough of being politically correct as Igbo.
Love yourself.
Be proud of your Igbo identity
Showcase it.
Drop the defeatist mentality.
I have sworn that my little baby boy will learn from me how to speak fluent Igbo from small age, not just Igbo but his fathers Anambra dialect.
Kudos to Lagos government.
Let the Igbo governors follow suit.
And finally, Lagos is Yoruba land no matter the amount of investment owned by non indigenes just like Enugu is Igbo land.
There is an Igbo adage that says "O biara ije nwe ula "
Keep your branch anywhere but move your headquarters to Igbo land.
Return your investment home,
Use your brain.
Igbo land is bigger than Rwanda ,Singapore and Israel in size yet these are countries,
Return your investment home.
The people you are buying their lands, paying taxes to and investing in their land don't appreciate nor like you.

Aku ruo uno, Biko o.
Igbo ga adi. Amii
Self preservation is the first law of Nature .
Ndewo

Enacting an idiotic law to prevent people from gaining admission into state schools is not promotion of any culture. It is a shameless discriminatory and prejudicial action. In civilized countries such as USA, such stupid law will not last for a month.
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Pigsandidiots: 11:09am On Feb 15, 2018
EODforce:
My father is a useless impoverished man that has no value whatsoever in life. He is an oloriburuku somebody together with my useless mother that gave birth to the unfortunate children including me. It is not mg fault that i am an unfortunate pig like my father, it is a generational curse over my family and no one will escape it. We shall all perish in our family because nothing valuable can come out of my family. Anyone that unknowinly married to any member of my family will sure tap in our curse. That is the truth about my family. We are sufering from generational curse.
shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Pigsandidiots: 11:15am On Feb 15, 2018
DerideGull:

Enacting an idiotic law to prevent people from gaining admission into state schools is not promotion of any culture. It is a shameless discriminatory and prejudicial action. In civilized countries such as USA, such stupid law will not last for a month.
Go to ICC court or perish in lagoon.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Pigsandidiots: 11:21am On Feb 15, 2018
DerideGull:

This is institutionalization of tribalism. The law is unconstitutional to ask non-Yari.ba to secure a pass in Yoruba language in order to secure admission into LASU, If the law stipulates the teaching of Yari.ba in primary and secondary schools as optional curriculum in Lagos State schools, it could be accommodated. I guess Lagos tends to give people false sense of belonging. Yari.ba people tend to start anything tribal in Nigeria only to deny about it in future. This is one of the idiotic shenanigans that fuel the calls for disintegration of the shithole called Nigeria. I really would not care what Yari.ba people do in their country of Oodua Republic and expect they would not care what Ndigbo do in Republic of Igbo Land. The people who call for the Yari.ba culture to reign supreme in Nigeria and tend to foam in their mouths when disintegration of Nigeria is mentioned are the bedrocks of anything bad about Nigeria.
Are you done with the ranting? So when are gou going to ICC?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by LaudableXX: 11:22am On Feb 15, 2018
Sanchez01:
Maybe because I was born in Lagos or that I did excellently well with my Yoruba classes as a student but the truth remains that Lagos representatives have rights to make certain moves to preserve and grow their culture and their language.

If you have ever witnessed non Yorubas who don't even understand the language fight for positions in Lagos, you'd be irritated. A certain Igbo politician in 2015 contested for the governorship of Lagos and he claimed he is contesting because he understands the Yoruba way of life and their culture. All these he said in English. When a caller called Channels TV to ask him questions, he was asked to interpret 'Lagosians, I greet you, I need your votes' and that was where trouble started.

An average Lagosian communicates with Pidgin while the typical Igbo language is used in Enugu, not minding whether you are Igbo or not. Based on my encounter, I am not motivated to learn the Igbo language largely because L1 speakers believe I must learn their language because I am in their land.

You cannot get a civil servant job if you aren't Igbo or even from Enugu here. My point is, we are fast getting to the point where every man would answer his father's name. It would have been a different ball game if this move was initiated in Delta State, owing to the fact that we have several ethnic groups.

It is now a case of 'get of of the kitchen if you cannot stand the heat'. Lagos was far more developed than any region before Independence and Yoruba was widely spoken then. I am not sure it would change now that the Yoruba language is now mandatory.

Gbam! You talk am well! cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by EODforce: 11:26am On Feb 15, 2018
LaudableXX:

Gbam! You talk am well! cheesy
. Laudate,is this ur new handle ?

1 Like

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by LaudableXX: 11:27am On Feb 15, 2018
Partnerbiz:
No such law in Anambra and Imo.
Are you for real? shocked The same Anambra that made Igbo a mandatory part of its compulsory General Studies course, in state owned tertiary institutions within Anambra? Unlike Lagos where the Yoruba language is just a criteria for admission into higher institutions, but it can be discarded after your admission process is completed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by LaudableXX: 11:31am On Feb 15, 2018
omenkaLives:
That was the same person that once said.. .
Bro', you are wrong. Sanchez01 has nothing in common with Afam4eva. They are two very different people. undecided Sanchez01 is the wise one, but Afam4eva is...well...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by LaudableXX: 11:33am On Feb 15, 2018
oodualover:
They say they want to leave Nigeria, and that the country is a zoo, but they are crying about something that should not be their business. Now they remember this bill will divide Nigeria more. Is that not what they always wanted? Since they have always wanted the country to split, why then should they be against it since it will expedite the process of spliting it? Me I tire for this people oo.
Cry cry babies!
Pathetic losers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by LaudableXX: 11:35am On Feb 15, 2018
EODforce:
. Laudate,is this ur new handle ?
shocked undecided lipsrsealed
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by LaudableXX: 11:45am On Feb 15, 2018
DerideGull:
DerideGull:

You conveniently ignored the fact that Igbo is a compulsory part of mandatory courses like General Studies, in state-owned tertiary institutions in Anambra and Imo. You also ignored the fact that Igbo is compulsory in all state-owned primary and secondary schools within Anambra as well as Imo, and students will not be promoted to the next class if they fail Igbo, no matter how high their scores are, in English, Maths, Physics, Biology and other core subjects. undecided

If Lagos state has decided to make a credit pass in Yoruba language part of its admission criteria into tertiary institutions, why don't you opt for a federal institution, where the law does not apply? Why are you wailing over this issue when alternatives exist nationwide? shocked

There is absolutely nothing unconstitutional about the law. sad The Lagos State House of Assembly is simply trying to preserve the cultural heritage of the state, and its indigenous language. You did not wail about "unconstitutionality" or rant about "tribalism", when Anambra made Igbo, a mandatory part of General Studies courses for all undergraduates within its' state-owned tertiary institutions, did you?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by InfiniteLoopx: 11:50am On Feb 15, 2018
Igbos should see this law as a blessing in disguise. If you are not ok with it, quitly vacate their state and move back East. Its to your advantage to run your show down East. Nigeria is too fragile to concentrate all your investment outside your homeland. What you guys should be running in the West or North should be smaller version of your businesses that can be discarded on time. Move your families back home, expecially your kids.

Send them down to the East to school. If they must school outside their shore, why not send them to America, Europe or even some top level African Universities, e.g Accra Ghana, etc. Why just sit your ass where you keep getting whiped, base on your ethnic origin. A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by omenkaLives(m): 12:36pm On Feb 15, 2018
LaudableXX:

Bro', you are wrong. Sanchez01 has nothing in common with Afam4eva. They are two very different people. undecided Sanchez01 is the wise one, but Afam4eva is...well...
You don't seem to understand what I wrote. Was actually pointing out what the same Afam who's complaining today wrote a couple of years ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by cKaiser: 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
Partnerbiz:

Language laws requiring Igbo language as criteria before admission?

By Chukwujekwu Ilozue
Onitsha — Principals of secondary schools in Anambra State who promote pupils from Junior Secondary School III (JSS III) to Senior Secondary School I (SSS I) without the pupils passing Igbo language are to be removed from their positions and fined N5,000, for each of the pupils so promoted.

Also, any state or privately owned tertiary institution in the state which is found not to have established an Igbo language department or made Igbo language a mandatory general studies course by September, 2011 shall pay a fine of N100,000 for every month in which the offence continues
http://allafrica.com/stories/201006080539.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by caleboxylic: 3:57pm On Feb 15, 2018
[quote author=NASTYNASOSO post=65069113]

HMMMMMMMMMM

Igbo land is bigger than Rwanda ,Singapore and Israel in size yet these are countries

HABA BROS TAKE IT EASY.NA SO E EASY TO LIE[/quot

The guy you quoted got it. Igbo land is bigger.
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by omonnakoda: 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
DerideGull:

USA is civilized?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Time For South-East Governors To Flush IPOB Out Of The Region / 2 Police Officers Dismissed For 'Refusing ₦8 Million Bribe' (Video) / Photos: Goodluck Jonathan Is A Grandfather Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.