Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,478 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung (27141 Views)

Southern Kaduna Massacre Of 184: Protests In Kaduna, Lagos, Abuja Over Killing / Gur Mohammed: Electricity Workers Protest In Abuja Over Sack Of MD / FCT Indigenes Protest Unclad In Abuja Over Marginalization (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Chetimah(m): 3:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
A GOVERNOR is d chief security officer of his own state,nice words but may seem bitter to the whalers...so for example a GOVERNOR security vote for my state in EKITI IS 300million monthly...so are you telling me with this you can't put your state in other,I wonder if power is been devaluated and state's are in control of their resources...how then would they protect the state...I think we need to start to check GOVERNOR aspirants if they can lead us not before we vote them in...we PEOPLE with hard mind like GOVERNOR of borno state...if otorm is from maduguri he we ran away abi ...lol
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by maclatunji: 3:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
xnsandrxns:
Unfortunately true
Coming from someone with a track record of always saying the wrong things

And there are a lot of kids here who didn't even bother to read the whole story
They just saw the topic and took off to comment

Too many of them on Nairaland.
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 14, 2018
laidelaitan:

http://sunnewsonline.com/herdsmen-killings-governors-are-shameless-coward-dalung/
Dalung to be spewing bunkum is further proof of the confused state of this government. I have never seen a confused man like him. The other day, a suposed refined minister of defence was just dripping jabs. I can't still fathom how this government came into being, with rouges occupying key positions in the Nigerian politics. the rude comments of the IG and his chatterbox and careless PRO are still fresh in memories of Nigerians. I have never seen such a yeye police PRO in my life. And this brings into a question as whether we are actually one Nigeria as they preach to us daily. SMH
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
The Minister is perfectly correct and ofcourse he is right that the Governors who cry to Abuja should be ashamed.

But, it is Abuja that holds all the DSS, IG, Army, Navy Chief in their pockets.

It is these heads of these Powerful Agencies like the Army, Navy, Police and the Key Fulani Kingpins that have taken over the Political positions and assigned them to only Northerners, most of them Fulanis, and the herdsmen are Fulanis.

Now, Dalung says that the governors are standing on the Pedestal of their problems and crying about their incompetence. Yes, that is not far from the truth, and there is nothing the governors can do, because though they are given Security Votes, they are not allowed to control the Security Apparatus.

State Police is inevitable.

2 Likes

Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
limeta:
Truer words ve never been spoken
I gree with you full time
what is this one saying? at the end, is it not the FG that has all the powers? or do you think if the states decide to handle those retarded Fulani herdsmen themselves, the FG would like the way it'd be handled? stfu and stop nodding like agama lizard

1 Like

Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by xnsandrxns: 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2018
maclatunji:

Too many of them on Nairaland.
Just too bad
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 14, 2018
oz4real83:
Another confused human being speaking all for the purpose of seeking relevance. ''The primary purpose of govt is the protection of lives and properties''. This is the function of govts at all levels. The president has the military,police,dss,nscdc,efcc,customs,immigration service,prison service in order to perform this primary duty. Which one(s) do govts at lower levels have? Constitutionally,governors don't even have powers over even traffic police or ''yellow fever''! The constitution needs to be amended to empower governors with instruments like state police to fulfil the role.

I do hereby propose that you do everything humanly possible to get hold of that uninformed red beret wearing clown and lecture him on the constitutional powers of both the state governors and the president of the FRN.

Do not fail to fling that stupid baret away which obstructs his thinking faculties and then drill it into his skull that all the armed forces in Nigeria are all in the domain of the FG and are all answerable to the president which is why all the governor's go on pilgrimage to Abuja to beg the President to do the needful on security related issues.

It is a huge shame that governors are called the chief security officer of their various States when the commissioner of police are not answerable to the state governors while in where I domicile, it is the Mayor that appoints and fires the commissioner of police not even the governor because the governor has more important things to do but back in Nigeria, it's a different story.

Once u are done educating that embarrassment called a minister on why the governor's are not the ones in charge of security in their respective States which is why they frequent Abuja then send his tuition bills to me.

2 Likes

Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by oz4real83(m): 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
byrron:

I do hereby propose that you do everything humanly possible to get hold of that uninformed red beret wearing clown and lecture him on the constitutional powers of both the state governors and the president of the FRN.

Do not fail to fling that stupid baret away which obstructs his thinking faculties and then drill it into his skull that all the armed forces in Nigeria are all in the domain of the FG and are all answerable to the president which is why all the governor's go on pilgrimage to Abuja to beg the President to do the needful on security related issues.

It is a huge shame that governors are called the chief security officer of their various States when the commissioner of police are not answerable to the state governors while in where I domicile, it is the Mayor that appoints and fires the commissioner of police not even the governor because the governor has more important things to do but back in Nigeria, it's a different story.

Once u are done educating that embarrassment called a minister on why the governor's are not the ones in charge of security in their respective States which is why they frequent Abuja then send his tuition bills to me.
i have done it. As for my fees,a plate of hot bush-meat pepper soup and original palmwine are okay grin

1 Like

Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Mynightmare: 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2018
Dalung is a misplaced priority

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Gr8amechi: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
guterMann:
This MONEY SPENDED minister is dumber than first thought.

Are the security agencies answerable to the governors or the President?

Who has the security apparatus of the country?The Governors or the President?

If the have for instance state police,you would have made a salient point.

This administration is an agglomeration of the same type of people.

THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN
If you think the governor has no control over police try and block his way and see if he will not order to shot.
Back 2002 somewhere in delta State as local government chairman ordered police to shot at sight and lots of youth were killed because they burnt down police station. Look at what fayose did, these governors receive security votes what do they do with it??
Buhari has failed us that doesn't give a governor excuse to fail his people also, look at Lagos they created lots of state owned forces can't these governors create and equip a vigilante group? Let's not look at the messenger but the message,
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Youngzedd(m): 4:52pm On Feb 14, 2018
Lilimax:
Okpo fa ndi azu ijiji fa ndi choir! shocked

Ike gwuru nwa nne. Okwu bu free.
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by vinnex: 4:54pm On Feb 14, 2018
If i may ask, What is plateau state problem with Benue state?. The other time it was Governor Lalong,this time it is Minister Dalong. Is Benue state owning them? Or their marriage was saperated prematurely under Benue-Plateau state? Haba.....
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by mommaJ(f): 4:54pm On Feb 14, 2018
GOOD DAY NAIRALANDERS.I M STILL HERE...DONT GIVE UP ON ME YET. https://www.nairaland.com/4312232/husbanda-good-man-help#64524181
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Gr8amechi: 4:55pm On Feb 14, 2018
Ajisebioyolaari:
Fool. Who controls the Police, Army and other security agencies. It is time to introduce state policing. Only then, can you hold the state governors truly accountable for the security of lives and properties. Is it not in this same country, that a commissioner of place prevented an incumbent governor from accessing the state government house? Is it not in this same country that the police shut the gate of the National assembly against an incumbent Speaker and other honorable members of the House of Reps? Is this not a clear fact that the Federal Government is in absolute control of the security apparatus? Despite PMBs order to the IGP to move to Benue State, have the killings stopped? What then should the governor do?

I'm not speaking for the governors cos they are also foolish and lack competence. Most politicians have no sincere interest of the masses at heart. However, Dalung's stvpidity ought to pointed out in clear terms. He is as useless, clueless and senile as his principal PMB.
you made great points at the end of your write up, we all agree that Buhari has failed so should we then accept our leaders to be crying babies?? Where is the security vote given to these guys? It's not illegal to them to form a vigilante group in their respective states and also I really hate it when these governors cry like they really have no power but they do control a number of police assigned to them, they can order police to shot at protesters but can't order same police to protect their citizens it really doesn't add up maybe I will need to be more educated

1 Like

Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by maasoap(m): 4:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
But I love this quote:
“Spare me the agony of becoming a governor because I don’t want to die of high blood pressure. Most of these states have collected a lot of money yet they are so indebted that if I become governor I will be carrying building machine around,” he quipped.“
Trust me, you don't want to become Osun State next governor. Lol.
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by joinnow: 5:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
unitysheart:
I'm not a fan of any of the parties, but Lagos gives us a good clue of what to do when in security crisis. Ikorodu and baddoo should be studied.

When baddoo ravaged Ikorodu no one shouted Buhari. Ambode acted swiftly in collaboration with the security agencies and the rest is history.

I enjoin the affected states to please up their game.

Badoo is not Fulani herdman my broda.the security heads are all Fulani and can't do shit until pmb give the go ahead. Recall pmb is Fulani.
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by eTECTIVe(m): 5:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
unitysheart:
I'm not a fan of any of the parties, but Lagos gives us a good clue of what to do when in security crisis. Ikorodu and baddoo should be studied.

When baddoo ravaged Ikorodu no one shouted Buhari. Ambode acted swiftly in collaboration with the security agencies and the rest is history.

Was Baddo group fighting over land with Ppl?? How can U compare d Baddo menace with herdsmen?? Why did d north blame FG during d BH crisis? Was it d governors who liased with security agencies to fight dem?? Is there any union or group who openly associates itself with d Baddo group?? Is there a national Union of Baddo cult?? Did d Lagos state govt at any time ask for some parts of Ikorodu b left for d Baddo group yp operate?? Let's try and b objective in our analysis pls.
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Machinegun91(m): 5:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
He is the best bastard of the the year
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by dami2boi(m): 5:30pm On Feb 14, 2018
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Psoul(m): 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2018
Lilimax:
Okpo fa ndi azu, ijiji fa ndi choir! shocked

Ejule fa ndi nne nwanyi
Ona fa ndi ji

1 Like

Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Jermat20(m): 5:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
Which kind minister be this naw? This one na real cultist just look at his dress code zero, logical reasoning zero
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by unitysheart(m): 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
eTECTIVe:

Was Baddo group fighting over land with Ppl?? How can U compare d Baddo menace with herdsmen?? Why did d north blame FG during d BH crisis? Was it d governors who liased with security agencies to fight dem?? Is there any union or group who openly associates itself with d Baddo group?? Is there a national Union of Baddo cult?? Did d Lagos state govt at any time ask for some parts of Ikorodu b left for d Baddo group yp operate?? Let's try and b objective in our analysis pls.

So, if omo onile start fighting people over land we will have to go call Buhari, right?

Yes, let's be objective. The governor is CSO of his state. He has some responsibilities vested on him to shoulder. While the FG have their own role to play too, that doesn't shift all the blames away from the governor.
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by unitysheart(m): 6:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
joinnow:

Badoo is not Fulani herdman my broda.the security heads are all Fulani and can't do shit until pmb give the go ahead. Recall pmb is Fulani.

I love how you did put it simply. I know Buhari will be fingered in this because of his Fulani background. Morevoer, h should face the music because we all shouted when he was doing his lopsided appointments, yet he refused to heed. Let him face the music.
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Jabioro: 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
Speaking from double egde of mouth
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by eTECTIVe(m): 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
unitysheart:

So, if omo onile start fighting people over land we will have to go call Buhari, right?

Yes, let's be objective. The governor is CSO of his state. He has some responsibilities vested on him to shoulder. While the FG have their own role to play too, that doesn't shift all the blames away from the governor.

So herdsmen scenario is same with omonile and Badoo ryt??
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by ogbeniolola: 6:52pm On Feb 14, 2018
Don't mind the drowning governor hiding under farmer/herder crises to curry public sympathy?....Ask him what he's done with federal allocation & IGR collected over 3 years!...he has not bought one patrol van, power bike, armoured carrier or surveillance helicopter! I mean he has committed nothing in the security architecture of the state yet he's owing workers' salaries and there's no visible road or power projects!

Does he think criminals and bandits don't know their way to Lagos, ogun, oyo, rivers, cross-river or akwa-ibom, ortom should go and see how much his colleagues have invested in security in their states, and you don't see them weeping or sulking up to abuja when they have occasional security challenges! I can tell you CP Fatai Owoseni of Benue state will engage any bandit or criminal if he has the right support, tool and environment!....I mean we all saw his stellar performance in Lagos and we almost protested his redeployment by the Force Headquarters! Now in benue, Ortom is making the gallant CP look like a rookie because benue govt has not provided the necessary minimum security armament!

If the security challenge in benue is too much, ortom should quit! It doesn't have to be ortom and ortom all the time, let someone else with a fresh idea try!.....if ortom is finding the kitchen too hot, he should get out!
laidelaitan:

http://sunnewsonline.com/herdsmen-killings-governors-are-sarmeless-coward-dalung/
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Cromagnon: 6:53pm On Feb 14, 2018
Nutase:
This man doesn't sound sane at all. FG controls every security apparatus and can frustrate any state government. What does he expect a governor who answers chief security officer without control over any security apparatus in his state.

That's why we are advocating for state police. If it works then you can insult any governor that runs to abuja.
create theirs
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by docadams: 7:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
Nutase:
This man doesn't sound sane at all. FG controls every security apparatus and can frustrate any state government. What does he expect a governor who answers chief security officer without control over any security apparatus in his state.

That's why we are advocating for state police. If it works then you can insult any governor that runs to abuja.

So I used.to think until former Delta state governor Dr Uduaghan's daughter and that of current one Okowa got married in the state. Since then anybody that make such claim as yours I always call a poorly informed soul.
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by ogbeniolola: 7:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
Pls tell them how we do it in Lagos o!
unitysheart:

Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by kindklemz(m): 7:29pm On Feb 14, 2018
And these are the INTELLIGENT people the dullard president gave us as ministers Mr Money spended.
oh I forgot he is a Barrister.

Oh God come and help us your children, you did it in 1996 and we know you never change, you can still do it again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paul Okah Beaten At The Home Of Anthony Ekoh As Group Petitions IGP (Pix) / Atiku Presidency: Why El-rufai Is Afraid - Tambuwal / Goodluck Jonathan Arrives Mali For Talks On Mali's Path To Democracy (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.