Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,212 members, 7,822,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung (27147 Views)

Southern Kaduna Massacre Of 184: Protests In Kaduna, Lagos, Abuja Over Killing / Gur Mohammed: Electricity Workers Protest In Abuja Over Sack Of MD / FCT Indigenes Protest Unclad In Abuja Over Marginalization (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by fairheven: 7:48pm On Feb 14, 2018
undecided this boys scout of man wants to be minister too
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by lereinter(m): 7:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
i wanted to know the cow minister who made the remark
but I"m not dissappointed
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Iamzik: 8:43pm On Feb 14, 2018
unitysheart:
I'm not a fan of any of the parties, but Lagos gives us a good clue of what to do when in security crisis. Ikorodu and baddoo should be studied.

When baddoo ravaged Ikorodu no one shouted Buhari. Ambode acted swiftly in collaboration with the security agencies and the rest is history.

I enjoin the affected states to please up their game.

Badoo had no vested interest or support from The federal government. Replace badoo with Fulani herdsmen In Thesame ikorodu and see if the Benue scenario will not play out.

We are talking about covert state sponsored killing here. No matter how much a governor collaborate with police, if the IG does not give a go ahead police will not do Jack that's how the chain of command works.

Same reason we advocating for restructuring and state policing but some people think it is a foolish idea. All advanced democracies in the world have state police that are sufficiently empowered to provide first level response to such situations.

Power is too concentrated at the presidency. Army, air force, police, navy, nscdc, FRSC,...... Even civil defence

We can decieve ourselves All we want but until this country is restructured forget about any real change.

1 Like

Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by uvalued(m): 8:55pm On Feb 14, 2018

Speaking specifically about the ‘weeping governors’, Dałung said: “I shed tears when I heard a governor lamenting that his people have been attacked. If the governor should lament that way, then the people in the state should park and run away. This is a man that collects monthly subventions. He is the chief security officer of the state and a General of the Army, yet he is crying.

Omenkalives your go nor described by APC minister
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by BeingFrank(m): 9:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
limeta:
Truer words ve never been spoken
I gree with you full time
Do You Even Understand What You Read, Thats If You Read It In The First Place.
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Edunwa302(m): 9:38pm On Feb 14, 2018
limeta:
Extra support
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by kokomilala(m): 11:30pm On Feb 14, 2018
I had thought this man was very intelligent. Doesn't he know that the CP of the state doesn't report directly to the governor.? Or, is he unaware that states don't have their own armies?
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by nathanccr(m): 2:11am On Feb 15, 2018
limeta:
Silly gal, do they have state Police or who do you think will protect them? The NPF Lolzzz...
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by nathanccr(m): 2:13am On Feb 15, 2018
Nutase:
This man doesn't sound sane at all. FG controls every security apparatus and can frustrate any state government. What does he expect a governor who answers chief security officer without control over any security apparatus in his state.

That's why we are advocating for state police. If it works then you can insult any governor that runs to abuja.
Smart chic, kindly advice limeta as she seems lost and deluded grin
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by boluwatife66(m): 7:43am On Feb 15, 2018
limeta:
Then why should we blame goodluck for boko haram? we should blame the governors of Adamawa, yobe and borno right?
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by boluwatife66(m): 7:53am On Feb 15, 2018
Chetimah:
A GOVERNOR is d chief security officer of his own state,nice words but may seem bitter to the whalers...so for example a GOVERNOR security vote for my state in EKITI IS 300million monthly...so are you telling me with this you can't put your state in other,I wonder if power is been devaluated and state's are in control of their resources...how then would they protect the state...I think we need to start to check GOVERNOR aspirants if they can lead us not before we vote them in...we PEOPLE with hard mind like GOVERNOR of borno state...if otorm is from maduguri he we ran away abi ...lol
You shot yourself in the foot mentioning borno. the same gov that got a report of an impending attack on chibok, yet asked that the WAEC should go on? or the gov who allowed terorist to hoist flags in almost all the LG. ogbeni gbenue soun jo. eje ki ama so oto o
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by comodo: 8:33am On Feb 15, 2018
There is a hidden sentiment in this herdsmen issue. Kidnapping in Anambra for example was dealt with by d state Governor with police & Army. Innocent people were also killed in d process. Badoo was suppressed also. Governor called and d security responded. Yes Igbo's & Yoruba's can be killed, no problems. But why have these security operatives not responded to d carnage in Taraba & Benue. It was until Plateau state started fighting back that they mobilized. Until Ortom told his peep to defend themselves that they mobilized.
Simply put, they can't kill their kith & kin. Owoseni is already dealing with d issue in Benue, soon he will be replaced by their kin.
unitysheart:
I'm not a fan of any of the parties, but Lagos gives us a good clue of what to do when in security crisis. Ikorodu and baddoo should be studied.

When baddoo ravaged Ikorodu no one shouted Buhari. Ambode acted swiftly in collaboration with the security agencies and the rest is history.

I enjoin the affected states to please up their game.
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by Chetimah(m): 9:42am On Feb 15, 2018
Ogaa ade did he cry all the time like otom?
boluwatife66:
You shot yourself in the foot mentioning borno. the same gov that got a report of an impending attack on chibok, yet asked that the WAEC should go on? or the gov who allowed terorist to hoist flags in almost all the LG. ogbeni gbenue soun jo. eje ki ama so oto o
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by unitysheart(m): 9:51am On Feb 15, 2018
comodo:
There is a hidden sentiment in this herdsmen issue. Kidnapping in Anambra for example was dealt with by d state Governor with police & Army. Innocent people were also killed in d process. Badoo was suppressed also. Governor called and d security responded. Yes Igbo's & Yoruba's can be killed, no problems. But why have these security operatives not responded to d carnage in Taraba & Benue. It was until Plateau state started fighting back that they mobilized. Until Ortom told his peep to defend themselves that they mobilized.
Simply put, they can't kill their kith & kin. Owoseni is already dealing with d issue in Benue, soon he will be replaced by their kin.

I get you perfectly bro. Seriously, the president should just resign.
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by boluwatife66(m): 10:11am On Feb 15, 2018
Chetimah:
Ogaa ade did he cry all the time like otom?
He did worse than crying
Re: Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung by sanerugwei: 12:32pm On Feb 15, 2018
pure savery... wikid sombori, dat gal eeh...
Chai...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wadume: Police Arrest APGA Chairman, Islamic Cleric, 6 Others / Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan / Petition: Tribunal Orders Substituted Service On Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.