Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club (1825 Views)

Osita Okechukwu Replies Tinubu: ‘Osho-Virus’ Behind APC Crisis / Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu / Tinubu To Obasanjo, IBB: Join Retirees’ Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club by unuane1(m): 8:59am On Feb 15, 2018
- The Peoples Democratic Party has responded to the statement made by Bola Tinubu, that OBJ and IBB should join the retirees club and quit politics

- The party stated that Tinubu’s statement was more suited to President Buhari as it said that the president had not performed well in office

- The PDP further urged the president to heed the warning of well-meaning Nigerians and save the nation from what it described as the agony of more years of misrule

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has stated that the comment by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), that former leaders Olusegun Obasanjo and Ibrahim Babangida should exit the field of politics and join the retirees club, is more suited to President Muhammadu Buhari, Punch reports.

The opposition party gave its response in a statement issued by its national publicity secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, on Wednesday, February 14, in Abuja, the nations’ capital.

NAIJ.com gathers that the party stated that Tinubu’s comments vindicate the position of a majority of Nigerians as well as OBJ and IBB, that “President Buhari should not seek re-election in 2019, having failed in governance and nation building.”

The PDP further opined that as a result of his alleged inability to connect with the social and economic realities and speed of the current generation, it would be proper for Buhari to step aside.

The statement read in part: “Every discerning Nigerian has discovered the fact that Asiwaju Tinubu is subtly passing a critical message to President Buhari and his supporters that he should not contest the 2019 election and that Nigerians have already moved on even without them.

“Even Asiwaju Tinubu knows that President Buhari, for obvious reasons, is the most qualified of all our elder statesmen to join the retiree’s club and save the nation the agony of more years of misrule characterised by untold economic hardship, heavy bloodletting and general indignation.

“The supporters of President Buhari should therefore accept the reality by reading the handwriting on the wall and heed wise counsel from well-meaning Nigerians.”
Recall that NAIJ.com previously reported that Chief Bola Tinubu said that President Muhammadu Buhari was focused on the development of the country and not just about himself.

The APC chieftain spoke after his meeting with the president on Tuesday, February 13, which he attended with Chief Bisi Akande.

Tinubu also responded to the call by former presidents, Olusegun Obasanjo and Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, to President Buhari not to seek re-election in 2019. He advised the duo to join the retirement club instead of trying to direct the affairs of the nation.

https://www.naija.ng/1152182-pdp-replies-tinubu-comment-obj-ibb-join-retirees-club.html

2 Likes

Re: PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club by Highbhee(m): 9:01am On Feb 15, 2018
Re: PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club by Eggcelent(m): 9:03am On Feb 15, 2018
Is The PDP Saying Incompetence In Governance Is Basis For Joining The Retiree Club & That Presidents OBJ & IBB Are Already In The Club Because They Were Incompetent While In Office?
Re: PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club by DWJOBScom(m): 9:06am On Feb 15, 2018
and people will still vote APC back into power? this people are jokers and don't care about you!

false change , faulty foundation - let me see how they will handle the packs of ambitious corrupt party members they currently have.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club by madridguy(m): 9:09am On Feb 15, 2018
PDP dey under spiritual attack grin
Re: PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club by anibirelawal(m): 9:20am On Feb 15, 2018
Eggcelent:
Is The PDP Saying Incompetence In Governance Is Basis For Joining The Retiree Club & That Presidents OBJ & IBB Are Already In The Club Because They Were Incompetent While In Office?

Seems to be...

PDP sef na Joke!
Re: PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club by omenkaLives(m): 9:22am On Feb 15, 2018
How is what Tinubu says about Obj PDP's business?

Why are they so desperate to famz with him? Instead of puting their house in order and come up with a credible and acceptable candidate for the presidential elections, they are busy chasing winds. In the end they'd wanna blame everyone else for their lack and preparedness and eventual failure at the polls.

Obj has a spokesman and can even speak for himself, if he needs to respond, he knows exactly how to do so.

Useless Aproko party.

1 Like

Re: PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 15, 2018
omenkaLives:
How is what Tinubu says about Obj PDP's business?

Why are they so desperate to famz with him? Instead of puting their house in order and come up with a credible and acceptable candidate for the presidential elections, they are busy chasing winds. In the end they'd wanna blame everyone else for their lack and preparedness and eventual failure at the polls.

Obj has a spokesman and can even speak for himself, if he needs to respond, he knows exactly how to do so.

Useless Aproko party.

Na your Apc useful?
You no dey reason before you type?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club by tesppidd: 9:40am On Feb 15, 2018
DWJOBScom:
and people will still vote APC back into power? this people are jokers and don't care about you!

false change , faulty foundation - let me see how they will handle the packs of ambitious corrupt party members they currently have.

so tell us please,

whom should they vote into power?

PDP?
Re: PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club by DWJOBScom(m): 9:45am On Feb 15, 2018
tesppidd:
so tell us please,

whom should they vote into power?

PDP?

you must be party affiliated and try to hoop me into your plans - sorry man

Am into candidates and any party with a credible candidate got my vote but looking at APC and their leaders - i don't see a credible line there. PDP is luckier for a party of that size as the thieves fled to APC(got a good deal for it as their corruption charges were dropped for party cards).

So am not voting your dear APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club by tesppidd: 10:36am On Feb 15, 2018
DWJOBScom:

you must be party affiliated and try to hoop me into your plans - sorry man

Am into candidates and any party with a credible candidate got my vote but looking at APC and their leaders - i don't see a credible line there. PDP is luckier for a party of that size as the thieves fled to APC(got a good deal for it as their corruption charges were dropped for party cards).

So am not voting your dear APC
your comments give you away.

you are clearly partisan!

it's clear as crystal.

have a good day.
Re: PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club by DWJOBScom(m): 1:28pm On Feb 15, 2018
tesppidd:

it's clear as crystal.

have a good day.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club by bernf16(m): 2:34pm On Feb 15, 2018
from what @DWJOBScom said, he has a sane points...why would APC be voted for? Is there any difference between them? most of their chieftains often have cases to answer with either the EFCC, ICPC or the likes...so my brother, u are the partisan here!!! join them and u will be forgiven of all misconducts: APC my foooooooooooooot...

tesppidd:

it's clear as crystal.

have a good day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club by DWJOBScom(m): 2:47pm On Feb 15, 2018
bernf16:
from what @DWJOBScom said, he has a sane points...why would APC be voted for? Is there any difference between them? most of their chieftains often have cases to answer with either the EFCC, ICPC or the likes...so my brother, u are the partisan here!!! join them and u will be forgiven of all misconducts: APC my foooooooooooooot...

i didn't even bother myself over this comments , he's as petty as the rest of them.

It's a pity that no party in Nigeria has an ideology - aleast something to distinguish them.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club by DWJOBScom(m): 2:47pm On Feb 15, 2018
bernf16:

Re: PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club by MisterSols(m): 4:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
Those two parties are fantastically corrupt

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Nation: Beware Of The Trojan Horse / Swear By The Holy Quran That Your 2015 Election Funds... - Sheik Gumi to Buhari / Aregbesola Action On A Decision Making Almost Caused Apc To Suffer Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.