Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,878 members, 7,813,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Tinubu Tackles Saraki Over Valentine Dressing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Tackles Saraki Over Valentine Dressing (879 Views)

APC Mocks Saraki Over Crashed Presidential Run / IGP Idris Gets Buhari’s Nod To Arrest Saraki Over Murders In Kwara / Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Tackles Saraki Over Valentine Dressing by zakim(m): 10:12am On Feb 15, 2018
Chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment, Senator Oluremi Tinubu (APC, Lagos), yesterday, tackled Senate President, Bukola Saraki, over Valentine dressing remark.

Sen. Tinubu kicked during yesterday’s plenary when a mild drama played out over Valentine celebration.

The scene for the drama was set when the Chief Whip of the Senate, Olusola Adeyeye (APC, Osun), observed that the trio of Senators Oluremi Tinubu, Dino Melaye and Monsuratu Sunmonu wore red in line with yesterday’s Valentine celebration.

Adeyeye had at the beginning of the sitting asked Melaye to “tone down” the spirit of Valentine and return to his seat.

Saraki then thanked Adeyeye for the observation and asked Melaye to move for the adoption of Votes and Proceedings of Tuesday.

In moving the motion, Melaye who wore a red jacket, said, “On my behalf and Oluremi Tinubu I move for the adoption of the Votes and Proceedings.”

Saraki then asked Tinubu to second the adoption of the Votes and Proceedings.

Seconding it, Tinubu tackled Saraki for asking Melaye to move for the adoption, saying it negated the ranking rule of the senate.

She said: “I should be the one to move for the adoption because I’m senior to your beloved son: this is partiality.”

She also said Saraki was wrong for calling Melaye the best dressed person, saying, “He is not the best dressed. I have roses on my cloth and he has none.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/tinubu-tackles-saraki-over-valentine-dressing.html

Re: Tinubu Tackles Saraki Over Valentine Dressing by Topmaike007(m): 10:24am On Feb 15, 2018
op is it the husband or the wife dat tackle saraki,because ur picture is saying another thing
Re: Tinubu Tackles Saraki Over Valentine Dressing by bjnice(m): 10:27am On Feb 15, 2018
this is the third or fourth tread on this matter o ga o
anyway i trust uncle lala to take it to promise land
Re: Tinubu Tackles Saraki Over Valentine Dressing by femolacqua(m): 10:44am On Feb 15, 2018
See as they are arguing like small children, with the statement whose dress is finer or that of na who senior pass.
Re: Tinubu Tackles Saraki Over Valentine Dressing by lawalosky(m): 10:44am On Feb 15, 2018
the country is already mess since time immemorial...
so as a Nigerian mess from this RiF-Raft shouldnt be familier, newly or supprisin thing to you...
Re: Tinubu Tackles Saraki Over Valentine Dressing by femolacqua(m): 10:45am On Feb 15, 2018
See as they are arguing like small children, with statement as who wore it better or who senior pass.

(1) (Reply)

Compared To Jonathan, Buhari Is A Weakling - Reno Omokri / Soldiers Have Refused To Help Us – Victims Of Fulani Herdsmen Cry Out In Kogi / Buhari To Chair Tinubu’s Birthday Colloquium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.