Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos (96021 Views)

Meet Beryl Ogwell: The Kenyan Hair Stylist Making Cancer Patients Look Beautiful / Suicidal 67-Year-Old Man Jumped Into Kwara River, Rescued By Sympathizers (Photo / Kenyan Drug Addict Rescued By His Childhood Friend, Dies 2 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by HeWrites(m): 12:46pm On Feb 15, 2018
Earlier Thread; Lady Shares Before & After Photos Of Her Classmate Who Went 'Mentally Deranged' ( https://www.nairaland.com/4118062/lady-shares-before-after-photos)

Remember last year when ToriMill brought you the story of a Lady who stay by her friend who went mentally deranged due to his addiction to Drugs? Well we're here with new updates about the man.

The man, Patrick Hinga Wanjiru was introduced to Kenyans and other African countries for the first time as a destitute man in the streets of Wangige Town surviving on morsels of decayed food and coins tossed from a distance by well-wishers.

This was until Ms Wanja Mwaura, a former classmate, who recognised him took him out of the streets and got him help at a local rehabilitation centre.

The “before” and “after” pictures of Hinga who by then had undergone two weeks of detoxification from drugs went viral on social media when it was shared on a group named Kilimani Mom & Dads Uncensored and was first brought to you by ToriMill which later captures the attention of both local and international media.

The kindness of Wanja warmed the hearts of many Kenyans, particularly when Kenya was holding its repeat presidential elections in October. Kenyans were moved by the story of Hinga’s transformation and rallied to raise money to support him in his journey to recovery.

Today, he is a changed man.
According to new reports that reached us, Hinga spent the last three months undergoing counseling and rehabilitation at“The Retreat” rehab.

Clean shaven, dressed in stylish maroon khaki pants, a matching shirt and trendy sneakers, Hinga who stands almost at six feet is ready to speak to the media for the first time since he was rescued from the streets.

Although his speech has been slurred by drugs and medication, Hinga speaks eloquently, shifting between English, Swahili and Kikuyu.

According to our findings, the man Born on September 15, 1983, he attended Ndararua Primary School in Kabete and sat his KCPE exams in 1998 where he scored 447 marks out of 700. He was admitted to Uthiru High School, then a provincial school, in 1999.

Hinga’s dalliance with drugs started when he was in standard eight after friends introduced him to the lifestyle.

“It all began with cigarettes,” he says. “Before we knew it, we were smoking Bhang. I gave in to drugs because of peer pressure.”

Hinga and his friends would sneak to the toilets to smoke cigarettes and bhang. When his teachers discovered that Hinga was doing drugs, he was immediately expelled. He was in form two.

This, was the beginning of a downward spiral towards the path of ruin that would see him hit the streets. After being expelled from Uthiru, he was enrolled at Elite High School in Kayole where he dropped out due to drug use.

When it was clear that Hinga could not contain his drug habit, his mother took him to Mathari Mental Hospital where he ran away several times.

So far, he has been admitted to Mathari eight times.
Hinga says he would run away and not return home for fear of being re-admitted to Mathari.

Street life was perhaps the darkest moment of Hinga’s life.
During the day, he would roam the streets of Wangige before retiring to his corner, outside a small hotel, where people would sometimes pity him and buy him a plate of fried pork.

“What pained me the most was that my siblings were at home with my mother, safe and sound, yet I was in the streets and that was really depressing for me,” he says.

It was outside that small hotel that Wanja met Hinga and recognised him.

She began talking to Hinga who expressed his wish to leave the streets and rebuild his life.

When he checked into rehab three months ago, the fee was waived and the money raised went towards opening a business for Hinga, “Hinga’s Store.”

The store is run by his mother, who, for a long time, was desperate about what to do with her son whom she thought she had lost to drugs.

The privilege and honour of having a second shot at life is not lost on the aspiring mechanic, who is determined to get better and rebuild his life.

“I feel like I am a new man. I pray daily," he said. ToriMill reports.

https://torimill.com/2018/02/update-remember-the-mentally-deranged-man-rescued-from-streets-by-his-childhood-friend-here-is-what-he-looks-like-now.html

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by IamPatriotic(m): 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
Only in Kenya

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Ahmed0336(m): 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2018
From nairaland to Shillingland undecided

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by anibirelawal(m): 12:55pm On Feb 15, 2018
That picture looks SCARY!

#SAY NO TO HARD DRUGS -
eyin omo science student.

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by XhosaNostra(f): 12:57pm On Feb 15, 2018
Awww, this is sweet. It restores a tiny bit of lost hope in humanity.

The before picture though. How did she not get frightened by that look on his face?

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by HeWrites(m): 12:59pm On Feb 15, 2018
anibirelawal:
That picture look SCARY!

If you now see the before nko? :—\

When I saw the pictures on Facebook then I decided to save it and share it on my blog... I no fit even touch the screen of my phone...

Thanks God he's doing well now

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by femolacqua(m): 1:00pm On Feb 15, 2018
That's a true friend. A friend in need is a friend indeed.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Dannieln1: 1:06pm On Feb 15, 2018
Oshe science student

Minister of Health
Dora Akunyili
Science lab technician

May God see him throughout his time of recovery
May he Neva go back to the Lab Street

INJ

6 Likes

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by anibirelawal(m): 1:07pm On Feb 15, 2018
HeWrites:

If you now see the before nko? :—\

When I saw the pictures on Facebook then I decided to save it and share it on my blog... I no fit even touch the screen of my phone...

Thanks God he's doing well now

Its good to look good, he will forever be grateful to that lady.

1 Like

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Martin0(m): 1:17pm On Feb 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:

The before picture though. How did she not get frightened by that look on his face?

I wish that man will marry her

5 Likes

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by XhosaNostra(f): 1:20pm On Feb 15, 2018
Martin0:

I wish that man will marry her

Looooool. What if she's already taken?

8 Likes

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Martin0(m): 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Looooool. What if she's already taken?
i can bet my shiny chocolate ass she's singlegrin

9 Likes

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by XhosaNostra(f): 1:26pm On Feb 15, 2018
Martin0:

i can bet my shiny chocolate ass she's singlegrin

Lol, so you think she picked a madman as a fixer-upper for herself?

3 Likes

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by HeWrites(m): 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2018
anibirelawal:

Syre
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by HeWrites(m): 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2018
anibirelawal:

Syre
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Mzansian(f): 1:31pm On Feb 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:

LMFAO, stop it . I'm sure there guards around them when the pic was taken .......just incase cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Martin0(m): 1:39pm On Feb 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Lol, so you think she picked a madman as a fixer-upper for herself?

we are all mad men and women in different waysgrin

so!

to me that man is not mad, years ago I met this mad woman when coming back from a long trip and she was pregnant at the middle of the night, nobody to help her coz of how her looks, though I was afraid too, I called my then girlfriend shes Zulu, what i got from her was fucvk j which means she's out of it, hmmmmmm well story short even the hospital rejected her, but she's lucky and she was later admitted, though I heard she died some days later and the baby was adopted by someone i can't recall.

I did that for love but it doesn't mean I love her emotionally.

and the lady is doing same, we never Can tell as she may fall inlove with this clean handsome black looking mangrin

9 Likes

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by XhosaNostra(f): 1:41pm On Feb 15, 2018
Mzansian:

LMFAO, stop it . I'm sure there guards around them when the pic was taken .......just incase cheesy.

Yhu no, it's scary kaloku. It's like he is possessed. Some people are truly non-judgmental. I would be too scared to be around him with that wild look on his face.

4 Likes

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by XhosaNostra(f): 1:45pm On Feb 15, 2018
Martin0:

we are all mad men and women in different waysgrin

so!

to me that man is not mad, years ago I met this mad woman when coming back from a long trip and she was pregnant at the middle of the night, nobody to help her coz of how her looks, though I was afraid too, I called my then girlfriend shes Zulu, what i got from her was fucvk j which means she's out of it, hmmmmmm well story short even the hospital rejected her, but she's lucky and she was later admitted, though I heard she died some days later and the baby was adopted by someone i can't recall.

I did that for love but it doesn't mean I love her emotionally.

and the lady is doing same, we never Can tell as she may fall inlove with this clean handsome black looking mangrin

LOL! That was very kind of you smiley

1 Like

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Martin0(m): 1:48pm On Feb 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:

LOL! That was very kind of you smiley
come oo how is ur friend lio I ve not seen her for some time now
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by XhosaNostra(f): 1:50pm On Feb 15, 2018
Martin0:

come oo how is ur friend lio I ve not seen her for some time now

She's using the Mzansian moniker.

Mzansian, when is your ban finishing on your main account?
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Mzansian(f): 1:54pm On Feb 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Yhu no, it's scary kaloku. It's like he is possessed. Some people are truly non-judgmental. I would be too scared to be around him with that wild look on his face.

He looks really scary. She is a gutsy lady, I tell you . Like Marty said , maybe usistas was " hungry" grin and went dumpster diving to" fill "herself up grin. It's tough out there lol.

1 Like

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Mzansian(f): 1:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:

I think Tomorrow afternoon. Haybo , martino doesn't know this moniker grin.

2 Likes

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by XhosaNostra(f): 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
Mzansian:

He looks really scary. She is a gutsy lady, I tell you . Like Marty said , maybe usistas was " hungry" grin and went dumpster diving to" fill "herself up grin. It's tough out there lol.

He maan, banepipi ezinkulu those people, amageza tongue So I wouldn't judge u my sister if she saw that & decided to go for it. No waste grin

As for dumpster diving

1 Like

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by XhosaNostra(f): 2:07pm On Feb 15, 2018
Mzansian:

Woohoo!!! For sure you can't wait, nne? It's always difficult adjusting to a new account. I don't know how you do it lol.

1 Like

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by XhosaNostra(f): 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2018
Mzansian:

Oops sorry.
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Martin0(m): 2:17pm On Feb 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:

really I ve been observing moniker ,I like how u both connect here the bond is strong.

2 Likes

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Martin0(m): 2:21pm On Feb 15, 2018
ngelosi fine woman

1 Like

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Mzansian(f): 2:23pm On Feb 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:

He maan, banepipi ezinkulu those people, amageza tongue So I wouldn't judge u my sister if she saw that & decided to go for it. No waste grin

As for dumpster diving

The bolded made me fall on my knees, laughing grin, how the hell do you know that? grin grin sicko grin. I really can't stop laughing. True, anything can be recycled including " it" grin. We can't afford to throw away recyclable products when there are struggling sistas out there grin. #stopwasting.

1 Like

Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by XhosaNostra(f): 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2018
Martin0:

really I ve been observing moniker ,I like how u both connect here the bond is strong.

Yeah, she's like a sister to me. My G. I plan to meet her in real life.
Re: The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos by Mzansian(f): 2:27pm On Feb 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Oops sorry.

No , dear that was a question to him, I've talked to him using this moniker so I thought he knew it was me .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? / Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? / Man Bleeding To Death At Idi-Iroko Bridge Maryland Mall, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.