Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States (16313 Views)

Glo 4G LTE Network Now Supports Band 3(1800 Mhz) / List Of Infinix Phones That Support 4G LTE Network / 4G LTE Network Performance For Mobile Network Operators In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by Reediano(m): 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
Finally, after the long wait, Airtel has officially started rolling out its own 4G LTE. The Airtel LTE network is currently available in Ibadan and some parts of Lagos, Ogun, Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt. The Airtel 4G speed as tested in Ibadan showed a Download Speed of 28.45Mbps and an upload speed of 8.77Mbps
[img]http://1.bp..com/-JOyO0ctbtOM/WoHcI9a63WI/AAAAAAAALUs/f6ey_yeWkeYpo8E5P0oyWLU6w3RjFEqFgCLcBGAs/s1600/Airtel-4G.jpg[/img]
What 4G LTE Band is Airtel Using?
The good news is that Airtel is using the same Band as Etisalat and that is the Band 3 (1800MHz). This band is very common and it's available in most 4G phones in Nigeria.

Where to Get the Airtel 4G LTE SIM
If you are an already existing Airtel customer, just walk into any Airtel outlet closest to you and request for a Sim swap. Your current sim will be replaced with a 4G sim and you will also be given free 4GB DATA.

How to Confirm if Airtel 4G LTE is Available in your Location
To know if Airtel 4G is available in your location, just go to your phone settings, Mobile Networks >> Network Operators >> Search Manually. Once you click on search, just wait and the list of available networks will be shown to you.

http://www.yomitech.com/2018/02/airtel-ng-officially-rolls-out-its-4g-lte.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by shedy03(m): 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2018
screenshot
Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by EarthXmetahuman: 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2018
Airtel 4g is a glorified 3g.

They just renamed their 3g to 4g. The speed didn't change a bit.

14 Likes

Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by Reediano(m): 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:

They just rename their 3g to 4g. The speed didn't change a bit.

I think location matters...

4 Likes

Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by GrandMufti: 4:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
Reediano:

Here we go again grin

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by EarthXmetahuman: 4:24pm On Feb 15, 2018
Reediano:

dude, I drove around ibadan yesterday testing their speed at many location and even at their office where I switched the sim on fulll bar.
My speed didn't go beyond 18-20mb/s while their 3g was even crossing 25mb/s

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by Xionez(m): 4:32pm On Feb 15, 2018
Reediano:

Una don start again...

26 Likes

Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by Reediano(m): 9:15pm On Feb 15, 2018
Xionez:

Una don start again...
No attack me oooo cheesy . I no be their agent

3 Likes

Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by Reediano(m): 9:17pm On Feb 15, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
dude, I drove around ibadan yesterday testing their speed at many location and even at their office where I switched the sim on fulll bar.
My speed didn't go beyond 18-20mb/s while their 3g was even crossing 25mb/s

Tooo bad....this was shared by a Nairalander .

1 Like

Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by Sunkyphil(m): 9:26pm On Feb 15, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:

u dont mean it
Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by Reediano(m): 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
Sunkyphil:
u dont mean it

Hahaha grin
Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by ClassyJay(m): 10:30pm On Feb 15, 2018
Reediano:

Http://www.yomitech.com/2018/02/airtel-ng-officially-rolls-out-its-4g-lte.html
can i swap my sim to the 4G sim and note i am using a java phone(mobile phone)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by Reediano(m): 11:07pm On Feb 15, 2018
ClassyJay:

Yes you can.. but note that 4g won't work on your java phone

1 Like

Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by Franky826: 1:17am On Feb 16, 2018
5G has been launched.

Airtel good morning
Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by Decale: 4:54am On Feb 16, 2018
Franky826:
5G has been launched.

Airtel good morning

Who launch am? Where in the world has a customer used it?

Oga, shut up if you don't have anything good to say.

5 Likes

Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by hardeycute(m): 7:03am On Feb 16, 2018
Who needs a 3G supposedly 4G?

Abeg let them increase their data volume
Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by thesettingz(m): 7:03am On Feb 16, 2018
Meanwhile

I have infinix note 4 for sale
Specifications 3gig Ram 32 gig rom
Price 45k
Location Abeokuta

Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by lordraiden(m): 7:05am On Feb 16, 2018
Good..... Pls give us 10gb with 1k and you are the best.... But I don't think the stupid ncc will allow that
Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by abiambo(m): 7:05am On Feb 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:

I am sure u haven't bought d 4G sim and ur phone isn't 4G enabled but you are the first to criticise ...

1 Like

Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by NonFarmPayrol: 7:05am On Feb 16, 2018
Non sense

The only reliable network In naija remains mtn

Glo and the rest are jokers with thrash network

1 Like

Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by TaiKuun(m): 7:06am On Feb 16, 2018
igbayi laaro. It would shock you to find out that their 4G is just a glorified 3G.

In other news, i am a pro creative designer and website developer. Your patronage is priceless to me. Thank you

Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by eliok(m): 7:06am On Feb 16, 2018
Be recruited for employment here
www.youwinconnectng.tk
Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by 007author(m): 7:07am On Feb 16, 2018
Rubbish 4G
Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by lordraiden(m): 7:07am On Feb 16, 2018
ClassyJay:
you want to burn your hands grin
Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by MrImole: 7:09am On Feb 16, 2018
Nonsense?

Nonsense!
Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by Aldebaran(m): 7:10am On Feb 16, 2018
Good
Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by Newsprex(m): 7:10am On Feb 16, 2018
Not only that, the Airtel LTE free 4GB data is more amazing...

Activate via
https://prexblog.com/airtel-4g-lte-users-will-enjoy-4gb-data-and-25-data-bonus/
Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by olahero(m): 7:11am On Feb 16, 2018
When HUAiwE WILL BE TESTING 5G IN MWC THIS MONTH.
Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by stano2(m): 7:11am On Feb 16, 2018
Hope it won't be like Glo baddoh Snail

5 Likes

Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by Harrynight(m): 7:12am On Feb 16, 2018
Really don't see any difference b/w 3&4g

Get a good phone and ur 3g is everything
Re: Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States by Alejoas(m): 7:12am On Feb 16, 2018
Make them give us 4G phone join na

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Migrate From MTN PULSE To Family And Friend / TECNO Releases Video Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus / These 9 Secret USSD Codes Unlock Hidden Features On Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.