Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

NASA Spacecraft Snaps Incredible Photo Of Earth And The Moon - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NASA Spacecraft Snaps Incredible Photo Of Earth And The Moon (5079 Views)

Adorable Animal Snaps That Will Melt The Hardest Heart( Pics) / The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) / Israel's ₦36 Billion Spacecraft Crashed Into Pieces During Moon Landing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASA Spacecraft Snaps Incredible Photo Of Earth And The Moon by RoyalBlak007: 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2018
A NASA spacecraft on its way to investigate a nearby asteroid has caught a remarkable glimpse at the orbital dance of Earth and the moon from far away.
In a new image shared today by the space agency, Earth and its only natural satellite are the two brightest specks in a black sky.
The Osiris-Rex spacecraft snapped the incredible photo from 39.5 million miles away, as it flew by at 19,000 miles per hour (8.5 kilometers per second).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5392813/Spacecraft-spots-Earth-moon-40-MILLION-miles-away.html

Re: NASA Spacecraft Snaps Incredible Photo Of Earth And The Moon by RoyalBlak007: 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2018
Three images (different color wavelengths) were combined and color-corrected to make the composite, and the Moon was 'stretched' (brightened) to make it more easily visible.

Re: NASA Spacecraft Snaps Incredible Photo Of Earth And The Moon by RoyalBlak007: 1:30pm On Feb 15, 2018
A NASA spacecraft on its way to investigate a nearby asteroid has caught a remarkable glimpse at the orbital dance of Earth and the moon from far away. In a new image shared today by the space agency, Earth and its only natural satellite are the two brightest specks in a black sky

Re: NASA Spacecraft Snaps Incredible Photo Of Earth And The Moon by Ekejoestar(m): 9:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
When i was a little boy, i've always dreamt of being an astronaut but now........ I dnt knw again.
Cc....lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: NASA Spacecraft Snaps Incredible Photo Of Earth And The Moon by Feraz(m): 10:45am On Feb 16, 2018
RoyalBlak007:
A NASA spacecraft on its way to investigate a nearby asteroid has caught a remarkable glimpse at the orbital dance of Earth and the moon from far away. In a new image shared today by the space agency, Earth and its only natural satellite are the two brightest specks in a black sky
The pale blue dot. wink

Ekejoestar:
When i was a little boy, i've always dreamt of being an astronaut but now........ I dnt knw again.
Cc....lalasticlala
LMAO!!! Nigeria happened! grin You were about having admission and discovered in the JAMB brochure that no university offers anything remotely close to studying anything about space. cry

When I was little, I once had a dream where I designed a rocket and in my dream, I sorta watched the little rocket pass through our ceiling - like the ceiling was a body of clouds instead of concrete; I was so happy in the dream. Maybe that and other technological programmes I watched on a TV programme called The Edge and cartoons influenced my choice of studying Engineering.

3 Likes

Re: NASA Spacecraft Snaps Incredible Photo Of Earth And The Moon by Anobella: 1:34pm On Sep 20, 2021
Feraz:
The pale blue dot. wink

LMAO!!! Nigeria happened! grin You were about having admission and discovered in the JAMB brochure that no university offers anything remotely close to studying anything about space. cry

When I was little, I once had a dream where I designed a rocket and in my dream, I sorta watched the little rocket pass through our ceiling - like the ceiling was a body of clouds instead of concrete; I was so happy in the dream. Maybe that and other technological programmes I watched on a TV programme called The Edge and cartoons influenced my choice of studying Engineering.

I also love the edge then on channels tv I really want to be in space it going to be my biggest achievement funny enough I am studying computer science and I love space like mad ...
Re: NASA Spacecraft Snaps Incredible Photo Of Earth And The Moon by Ekejoestar(m): 1:23am On Sep 22, 2021
Anobella:

I also love the edge then on channels tv I really want to be in space it going to be my biggest achievement funny enough I am studying computer science and I love space like mad ...

One thing I noticed about my obsession with astronomy and space science is that it is something that am gonna live with for the rest of my life and even now the urge to learn about space have made me to follow all astronomical pages I could see on Instagram, like the feeling that my childhood fantasy has grown up with me is something makes me feel childlike and young at heart.
Re: NASA Spacecraft Snaps Incredible Photo Of Earth And The Moon by Olayoo: 10:32pm On Sep 22, 2021
Ekejoestar:

One thing I noticed about my obsession with astronomy and space science is that it is something that am gonna live with for the rest of my life and even now the urge to learn about space have made me to follow all astronomical pages I could see on Instagram, like the feeling that my childhood fantasy has grown up with me is something makes me feel childlike and young at heart.
U should love star trek. The best show about the future of humanity. Space is the last frontier.

(1) (Reply)

Incredible How This Leg-less Woman Had A Baby (PHOTO) / Nimbuzz Registration, Download & Create Account - Www.nimbuzz.com / Get A Feex (fix) For Your Gadget Without Leaving Your Comfort Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.