Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

"I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court (34295 Views)

Court Did Not Order Closure Of Ikoyi Registry, Federal Govt Tells Lagos Govt. / "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men / Should A Wife's Money Be '' Hers '' , While The Husband's Money Be " Ours " ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by OrientDailyNews: 2:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
A 55-year-old fashion designer, Stephen Enebeli, told an Igando Customary Court in Lagos on Thursday that he would die if he gave money to his wife for the upkeep of the family.

Enebeli said this when he responded to a divorce petition by his wife, Eunice, alleging lack of care for his children.

“I stopped giving her money for feeding and school fees of our children when she started living with another man.

“In my tradition, if a woman marries another husband legally or illegally and the former husband still gives her money for the welfare of the children, he will die and I am not ready to die now,” he said.

The respondent said that his wife sent him packing from their matrimonial home and that he was presently squatting with friends.

“Eunice forced me out of her house because I always fight her for leaving the children at home and going to sleep with other men,” he said.

According to him, Eunice lacks respect for him just because she has more money.

He begged the court to grant him the custody of the children so that he could train them.

“I don’t want another man to father or train my children while I am alive,” he said.

Eunice had urged the court to terminate their 16-year-old marriage for lack of care.

“My husband is an irresponsible husband and father.

“While he was still living with me, he refused to pay house rent, feeding or school fees of the children, I shouldered all the responsibilities.

“I bought him a motorcycle in addition to his fashion designing work so that he could be supportive but he is just lazy and abandoned the motorcycle,” Eunice said.

The 36-year-old food vendor said that her husband was threatening to poison her.

“Stephen always tells me that he will kill me with poison if I make any attempt to divorce him and that he will marry another wife,” the petitioner alleged.

The mother of three pleaded with the court to end the marriage as she was longer in love with him.

Delivering judgment, the court President, Mr Akin Akinniyi, said that the petitioner was adamant on her request in spite of all mediation from the court and family.

“Since the petitioner insisted on divorce after several interventions, the court has no choice than to dissolve the union in spite of the fact that the husband still claims he loves his wife.

“The court pronounces the marriage between Mrs Eunice Enebeli and Mr Stephen Enebeli dissolved today, both parties henceforth cease to be husband and wife.

“Both parties are free to go their separate ways without any hindrances and molestation, the court wishes you well in your new journey.

“The custody of the children should remain with their mother,”Akinniyi ruled. (NAN)

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/news/give-wife-money-man-tells/

Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by Ahmed0336(m): 2:33pm On Feb 15, 2018
Nawa o, these days marriages are as scary as hell.

5 Likes

Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by mayowascholar(m): 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2018
die ooo
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by dotun4luv(m): 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
Ayeooo
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by pautex: 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
AFTER READING THE EPISTLE, I DID NOT COME ACROSS WHERE HE MENTION HE WILL DIE IF HE GIVES MONEY TO HIS WIFE undecided

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by TikaBodi(f): 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
F
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by FluidQueen(f): 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
.... dumb, Silly man with a lot of misplaced priorities.

You were simply a vegetable in the family.
You were a liability.
You didn't pay rent
Never cared for your kids.
Your wife assisted your broke ass all through. And instead of showing her love and respect, you still disrespected her. Isi ewu!

Thankfully she'd divorce you and your children would despise you for not being a part of their life. I hope she wins child Custody too.

The Unbelievable part of this scenario is that such men would still claim to be the HEAD of the family? Hogwash!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by nairavsdollars(f): 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
Liar trying to shirk his responsibility. Wetin be your value if you no kpeme?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by MisterSols(m): 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
Nawa Is it our die?

Misogynists
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by toluxa1(m): 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 15, 2018
With the blame game I'm seeing in this article, that marriage is in shambles and any effort to pull it back together will not stand the test of time.
Once a woman in her matrimonial home tastes a prick outside, oga pack your mat and waka. Much less of a woman that is financially more stable.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by TikaBodi(f): 3:00pm On Feb 15, 2018
I'm waiting for bbnaija thread so I can post football grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by blatern: 3:00pm On Feb 15, 2018
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by bush112(m): 3:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
no comment
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
Idoma; guess correct.. Funny superstition still persist in communities below the Benue river.
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by blezzymoore: 3:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
Occutic man
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by IamPatriotic(m): 3:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
Orisirisi
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by biacan(f): 3:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
He's a science man..... that's how they behave cool
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by biggerboyc(m): 3:02pm On Feb 15, 2018
Please if anyone is looking for roommate in Lagos I have someone who wants to pair or cheap room. Contact me through my signature
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 15, 2018
This report did not come from the pen of one CYRIACUS IZEKWUE...
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by free2ryhme: 3:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
OrientDailyNews:

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/news/give-wife-money-man-tells/

Why is it that the black mans' JuJu has never ever brought him progress yet they hold on to them as if they are effective. Chai

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by Offpoint: 3:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
What always happens to the initial love I do asked all the time.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by Conceptman: 3:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
Something must kill a man, don't be scared man grin
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by neweraomo: 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
;Dlmao
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by deafeyez: 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
LEGAL ADULTERY NOW.
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by moscobabs(m): 3:05pm On Feb 15, 2018
Why is it that dis type of thing always happen in Lagos?

Is Igando cursed?
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by jericco1(m): 3:05pm On Feb 15, 2018
loooolz. marriage these days na yawa
Re: "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court by kernel504(m): 3:06pm On Feb 15, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Liar trying to shirk his responsibility. Wetin be your value if you no kpeme?

I know where it happens, and on checking the name, it corresponds.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children / Man Confesses And Apologizes To His Wife On Facebook For Cheating (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.