Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

The Wise Old Hermit! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Wise Old Hermit! (396 Views)

Yorùbá Proverbs, Adages, Wise Sayings With Translations / Awesome Wise Egyptian Quotes And Sayings From Famous People On Money/life / The Wise Uber Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Wise Old Hermit! by Teenagersdiary: 6:00pm On Feb 15, 2018
THE WISE OLD MAN!

A wise old hermit lived in a log cabin high in the mountains. He was recommended for his knowledge in answering all questions ever brought to him. One day two mischievous boys decided they were going to play a trick on the old fellow. They would ask him a question he could never answer.

After plotting one night, down in the dark woods, they shot a sparrow's eye . And quickly picked up the stunned bird and made their way to the old man's Cabin. One of them could feel the bird's frightened as he held it in his hand. Now with their hand behind their back they would pull a trick on the old man. They'd say, "What do we have in our hands? And if he guessed a bird, they'd say, "what kind of a bird?" If he guessed a sparrow, then they would trap him with the tricky question: "Tell us, wise old man, is it dead or alive?" If he said "Alive" they would squeeze the life out of the sparrow and prove him wrong. If he said, "it's dead,"  they'd prove him wrong again by simply letting the little creature fly!

The walked up the mountain and to the old man's cabin, and knocked on the door. And suddenly the old man slowly opens the door and said " what is it, my boys?"

Excited, they answer, "Wise one, tell us if you can, What do we have in our hands?".

His eyes pierced through them,

He waited and then spoke " A bird." Well what kind of bird? they asked "A sparrow". 

They poked each other. "Tell us wise one, is it alive or dead?" 

He looked and looked and thought. And finally said to them " As you wish for it to be, my boys!"

What do you hold in your hand right now? Your destiny! Your future! Is it dead or alive? Your dreams! are they dead or alive? The answer is " As you wish for it, my friends". How do you actualize your dreams.. How do you make it come true. Its so simple, If only you know the three C's of actualizing your dreams. Learn the three C's of actualizing your dreams here
http://www.teenagersdiary.com.ng/2018/02/the-special-secret-of-making-dreams.html

(1) (Reply)

Story Time!!!! / Synopsis For Ekenne My Movie Script For Sale / The Other Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.